Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Wish List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USB 3
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic guitar effects: Fuzz, overdrive, distortion, etc. Not only good for lead guitar patches, but useful for clavinet and electric piano sounds.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:
Classic guitar effects: Fuzz, overdrive, distortion, etc. Not only good for lead guitar patches, but useful for clavinet and electric piano sounds.

And an entire exs devoted to guitars
robinkle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analog drum synthesis engine (Simmons style).
Brass Physical Modeling engine.

(Software Upgrade)

Then Kronos will be complete.
andersborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:

Weird if it's not there. My M50 has a rather broad assortment of such effects, including speaker simulation, albeit maybe not so realistic sounding.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andersborg wrote:
phattbuzz wrote:

Weird if it's not there. My M50 has a rather broad assortment of such effects, including speaker simulation, albeit maybe not so realistic sounding.

Overdrive and amp effects:

027: OD/Hi‐Gain Wah
028: OD/HyperGain Wah
029: Stereo Guitar Cabinet
030: Guitar Amp Model +P4EQ
031: Guitar Amp Model +Cabinet
032: Stereo Bass Cabinet
033: Bass Amp Model
034: Bass Amp Model +Cabinet
035:BassAmpTubeDrive+Cab
036: Tube PreAmp Modeling
037: St. Tube PreAmp Modeling
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, for Kronos 2. Please make the joystick section replaceable. Please allow us a choice for pitch and mod wheels. Very Happy
JimH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have my Kronos yet, so you can take this suggestion with a grain of salt. In set list mode, why not have eight tabs at the bottom to select the eight pages in a set list? Then you could get to any slot in a set list with two clicks rather than scrolling through the pages.

Optionally you could go further. You could then get rid of the Play tab and Previous and Next buttons, but this would cause a problem in edit mode. You'd have no way to select slots because selecting one of the eight page tabs would put you back into play mode. So instead, get rid of the Edit tab and instead have an Edit button in the space where the Previous Next buttons used to be. The Edit button would be a toggle where pressing it once puts you into “edit mode” and then you can use the eight tabs to select slots to edit. Press the Edit button again (or maybe the Exit button) to go back to Play mode.

Instead of labeling the tabs 1-16, 17-32, 33-48,...ugh, you could label them something simpler like A through H. Then you can think of a set list as having eight mini banks of 16 slots each. True, this would cause a problem for using the control surface buttons to select slots. You could no longer just select a three-digit number on the keypad. But you could use the the bank buttons. To select set list slot C12, hit bank button C and enter 12 on the keypad. Too bad bank buttons only go up to G. (What programmer failed to use a power of two for the number of banks!?!? That's against the Programmer's Union!) Anyway, I wouldn't mind giving up one page of a set list to get that. But I'm sure that couldn't be changed now after people start using eight pages.

I guess I just find it a little mentally annoying when you structure things in powers of two and then use decimal numbers to access them.

Last edited by JimH on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
tommyjo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriskk wrote:
I guess Korg will not release a 73/76 key weighted synth action version. But I'd love to buy that version.
Me too - or even 88 key version
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the drum track, if there was a way to tell the drum track when to play a fill.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is repeat from the effects in combis - but put here for completeness

Maybe there could be a way to "import" the effects from a program into a combi in a such a way so that they could be reproduced via IFX. There are 12 IFX in there, so it should be possible to get 2 or 3 programs sounding exactly as programs -but reproduced using the IFX. This could be implemented via Editor/Librarian.
jahrome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: MIDI Enhancements and Protecting Hard Drive Content Reply with quote

I have been experimenting with Kronos with my Akai MPD 32. Some things that would be nice:
1. MIDI over USB to support pad controllers
2. Receive MIDI CC messages from an external controller; perhaps having a customizable Internal Mode.

The Kronos USB port is also able to charge my iPhone. I can see many possibilities here as well. Very Happy

I would also like a way to prevent my kids from erasing important data. So I would like a way to password protect directory folders. It would also be awesome to password protect the format option. I would be hot to come home to find out someone formatted my hard drive and erased all contents. I can't think of another workstation that has this capability.

Last edited by jahrome on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
jeamsler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternate Scales and Tunings

Korg has always implemented this (except for the Oasys Card) with an all note scale having only +/- 99 cents range. This effectively limits what you can do to 12 note scales. You don't have enough adjustable range to make scales beyond. Many Ensoniq keyboards for example allowed you to adjust each note's tuning through the full midi range. Can't Korg implement this? You've already got the scale feature. You just need to increase the range of adjustment.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search for programs/combis? Is there really no search feature?
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:
. In set list mode, why not have eight tabs at the bottom to select the eight pages in a set list?

ABSOLUTELY! I was just logging in here to leave this exact suggestion, but figured I'd see if anyone else had mentioned it first. I was taken by surprise when I discovered the lack of direct navigation, which seems like a pretty significant oversight, and one that would probably be easy to address.

Between the PLAY and EDIT tabs on the left and the CONTROL SURFACE tab on the right, there could be 8 tabs. They could have default names of "Page 1" through "Page 8" or A through H or whatever, but you should be able to RENAME them, too. They would be active whenever the PLAY or EDIT tab were active. (At least Play!)

I will not be using SET LIST mode literally for set lists, we we never play the same set list twice. I just need fast access to all the common sounds I'll likely need throughout the night. There are a number of ways I could see organizing them. But I can easily see where I may need to switch from a sound on PAGE 1 to a sound on PAGE 5, and what a nuisance to have to hit the FORWARD tab four times to get there!

But also important, the ability to LABEL the tabs would be a great benefit. After a core set of bread-and-butter stuff you'd probably leave on your first page, you could group all your other Organ presets together on one page labeled ORGANS, if you wanted. Or you could have one page that has all the sounds you use for your Beatles stuff. Or a page with all the sounds you use when working with a particular singer who sometimes comes up for a few songs. Or a page that has all presets that use a particular transposition. Whatever. And you'd know which page to go right to based on your label.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 5 of 50

Jump to: