Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Wish List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:

We'll see how much of an "idiot" I am when I post pictures of my new SSL XL-9000 K (4 80-Channel, 1 96-Channel, and 1 32-Channel) consoles when they come in next month. Mr. Green

My Experience with dealing with people like you(I was a psychoanalyst for 5 years) who brag about stuff they don't have is normally a desire or order to feel socially less inferior to gain acceptance..It's the most obvious sign of feeling inadequate that stems from lack of love and care in childhood or material wealth inferior to peers around you,or the pushed out child at school,you show so much of that in everything you say...

I couldn't care less what Mixing console you have...or have not...I don't think anymore or less of you...coming out with childish comments like that only proves what an unhinged individual you come across as,and you just don't see it,you expose yourself time and time again...

If you have all this gear you so righteously brag about then get the pics up......

Until then save your "My dicks bigger than your dick"attitude for the playground..its all a fantasy in your own mind!and you make yourself look pathetic!
jahrome

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zahush76 wrote:

Hi Jahrome.
I've been following your posts since you got the Kronos. You wrote about the sequencer and its shortcommings, the data wheel etc.

I would really like to hear from you more about the good things about the Kronos, what do you think about the overall sound, maybe go specific about some of the engines. Cause i'm hearing, overall, more negative than positive - and i really would like to hear more about the positive side.

I can only write about my experiences. I haven't been keeping tabs on the number of positives versus negatives. But I will write more about the positives as it is a good workstation. For the record, I will NEVER touch my Fantom G again now that I have Kronos. I like Kronos so much, I haven't cancelled my pre-order from a US-based company. Very Happy

But...this is a feature request thread. And I agree with several things Kontrol49 wrote. Kronos' sequencer has taken a step backwards. It doesn't include the M3's Track View, Cue List, Piano Roll, editing wave files stored on external drives, etc.

Sina172 wrote:
My ONLY gripe about the O's Sequencer is its dismal 192 PPQN resolution and that's ONLY because of KARMA, since some of the GE's (specifically the Gated GE's), max out at 64th note triplets.

The Kronos' sequencer resolution is 480 ppqn.....so you have an even bigger gripe.
ozy

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
If you have all this gear you so righteously brag about then get the pics up......Until then save your "My dicks bigger than your dick"attitude for the playground

please, STOP!

You don't want Sina127 to get funny ideas and start posting pictures of his dick to show it's really bigger! Shocked

Kontrol49 wrote:
I was a psychoanalyst for 5 years

what happened next?
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
what happened next?

I went on to study Forensic Science and medical Pathology and now aim to become a fully Qualified Forensic Pathologist this what I have spent most of my Academic time studying having already completed 3 years of the Anatomical Pathology degree needed,this is part of the Medical pathology Training which will help me onto Forensic Pathology as a profession.
Currently I can only work as a consultant until I Have all the Qualifications needed to work as a full time Pathologist.

Hopefully once qualified I then plan to work either as an independent Pathologist or In conjunction with the Metropolitian Police force...
ozy

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I am afraid you'll probably meet Sina127 again...

He's the kind of character who fits into a Patricia Cornwell novel.

As the serial killer who horribly slaughters his victims by having them laugh their ass off to death.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:

He's the kind of character who fits into a Patricia Cornwell novel.

I reckon he'd make a superb Novelist full stop.....

most of what he writes in his posts is fiction!!!
permofryed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) KARMA 3.0
2) "Elastic" Audio
3) User Scales where the notes can be adjusted by more than 1 semitone
4) Hard Drive Mode - access KRONOS hard drive using PC/MAC for easily adding, removing, organizing data
5) Save RPPR Data with Song Templates or loadable RPPR functionality
6) 14-Bit MIDI
Live Suite 8 w/M4L / Logic Studio / iMac i7 Quad Core 8G RAM / MBP 2.4 4G RAM / Korg KRONOS-61 / APC40 / MPD18 / BCR2000 /nano Kontrol&Key / Roland Juno 106 / Moog Minitaur / TC Electronic StudioKonekt 48/ other random gear, guitars, drums and software

www.neilbufkin.com

Last edited by permofryed on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
salomao

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would most like:

- A 73/76 semi-weighted keys version
KapnKrunch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Built-in screenshot capability.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

permofryed wrote:

4) Hard Drive Mode - access KRONOS hard drive using PC/MAC for easily adding, removing, organizing data

not the case already ? i need to check
Savante

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

permofryed wrote:
3) User Scales where the notes can be adjusted by more than 1 semitone

Hear! Hear! There is no reason for this limitation. It should be possible to set any key on the keyboard to any pitch. The OASYS PCI does allow this, but other Korg synths do not.

There are many practical applications for this if one thinks creatively about keyboard layouts. For example:

I have a piece which I play that calls for repeated VERY fast wide skips in the left hand to hit a low D note in the bottom octave. No other note in that octave is used in the piece. Why can't I have a keyboard layout for that song in which every note in the bottom octave is tuned to that low D? It would greatly simplify a technical challenge and allow me to focus more fully on the expressive aspects of playing that piece.

Another example: Playing very fast repeated notes is technically more difficult on a keyboard than playing rapid trills on adjacent notes. But many songs (probably most) don't use every note in the chromatic scale. We use different patches for different songs. Why not also different keyboard layouts tailored to the song? If I'm playing a song in C major that doesn't use the F# note at all, why not let me tune that to G and then I can play rapid repeated notes on G by simply trilling the F# and G keys?

The present Korg scale tuning implementation only allows a tuning range of plus or minus 99 cents, which is not quite a full semitone. This makes it very cumbersome, requiring some awkward workarounds, to tune two adjacent notes to the same pitch. (My old Korg Z1 has a tuning range of plus or minus 100 cents, greatly simplifying this particular keyboard layout.)

These are just a couple very basic ways that keyboard layouts can be creatively devised to accommodate playing rquirements for particular songs. I have a lifetime of piano training and a lot of chops, but it doesn't make any sense in the age of synthesizers to lock everyone into a keyboard layout from another century which is neither necessary nor optimum for every playing situation.

Creative use of keyboard layouts is an option of the synthesizer age which has sadly gone largely unexplored and unexploited. It's a rich field for creativity and for fundamentally reinventing the whole concept of keyboard playing. There is no good reason whatsoever for synth manufacturers to lock musicians out of these creative possibilities by freezing the keyboard into a rigidly ordered succession of notes across the span of the keyboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak2eL_0rCBE&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX1fHKsjwaA&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pmp3sR91ak&feature=channel

First-ever synth I owned: Korg DW-8000, Current Korg gear: Korg Kronos 2; Korg Minilogue XD; Korg Krome EX; Korg Nautilus 61
shap

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Karma 3 Reply with quote

Given the ship delays (which Korg certainly couldn't control), the decision not to move forward to KARMA 3 is going to look pretty bad in hindsight. There's a decent chance that I'll have KARMA 3 for my Motif XF before Korg ships the older version. Given how central KARMA is to the Kronos proposition that's got to hurt.

I also understand that Korg also was offered the opportunity to integrate the GE editor on-board, and turned it down.

Both of these are decisions that need to be looked at again.
jahrome

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I would like the Program mode to be improved. An OSC has 8 velocity zones which can be used to layer multisamples. But the catch is that you can only layer two zones at a time. Also, when you do layer samples, adjusting the filters, pitch, pan, EQ, etc effects all layers. So I would like the ability to layer up to 8 sounds within an OSC and independently adjust the filter, pitch, pan, EQ, etc for each layer.

2. Kronos' USB ports supply enough power to turn on my Akai MPD 32. I would like Kronos to transmit/receive MIDI over USB in order to use this controller. (Of course I am aware that I can use MIDI ports for this).
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Wish List! Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
jahrome wrote:
Now that it is released, can we get a sticky for things we would like to see in a future OS update?

1. Transfer data (samples, files, folders, etc) over USB to Mac/PC
2. Playhead marker in Sample Edit, Loop Edit, and Track Edit
3. Zoom In/Out in Track Edit
4. Sample Slice (Divide) into Equal Regions (Time Slice/Time Stretch)
5. "Latch" [Enter] button for use in Sample Edit/Loop Edit
6. Key plays edit range
7. Option to "LINK" Sample Start Point and Loop Start Point
8. Sample Edit: Add Pitch Shift (change pitch without changing tempo)
9. UNDO/REDO Last Edit
10. Grid (Sequencer) Recording and Editing

Out of this list I wrote, #2 is very important.

The Sample Editor shows a nice sized graphic representation of a sample. Pressing a key allows you to audition that sample. But as the sample is being played, you are stuck looking at the graphic waveform that doesn't show what part of the sample is actually being played/heard. The Editor is in need of a timeline/ruler above the graphic view and a cursor/playhead marker to indicate what is being played. This would speed up editing significantly. This is a significant function in every software editor I can think of.

On a side not...a scissors tool/slice marker would be nice. I could quickly insert slice points anywhere I wanted within the editor. Not many hardware workstations have this function (except Roland products).

I 2nd this request!!! Especially #2 (moving line through the sample as it's being played)...this is critical for looping. Idea
amosdef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like an option for a song to start playing as soon as you load it. Or an option for the midi time code to be constantly sent without having to have the sequencer started. I have a midi click track light that requires midi time code messages to be sent in order to work. http://midisolutions.com/prodbti.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 4 of 50

Jump to: