Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Wish List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahrome

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
jahrome wrote:
Fair enough. Didn't notice that. Then the Motif XF falls in the same boat. But like the Fantom, do they provide any significant improvement to what you can see as oppose to Kronos' design?

Jog wheel doesn't fall off easily?

My personal experience. I don't think anyone should come to a conclusion based off of one report.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
If Kronos had this angle it would've been much, much better.

That screen positioning is only possible because that screen is so tiny.

If Korg wanted to provide a similar angle they would have had to use something like the PA3X design.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily.

a Fantom G has a screen of similar size as a Kronos, and it's angled:

Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really don't think that even if you post the screen angle thing 30 more times that Korg will look at this wish list and say... LET'S RECALL ALL THE UNITS AND FIX THE SCREEN! so maybe post some things that can be improved perhaps in a future OS patch or expansion release? good idea, right?

I was thinking in the plugin/editor, it would be nice to see FX presets, and template songs and call them up from the editor. Also, a librarian feature so that you can customize your banks a bit better, considering the massive amount of extra PCGs they include and the limited user memory.
jahrome

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Wish List! Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
Now that it is released, can we get a sticky for things we would like to see in a future OS update?

1. Transfer data (samples, files, folders, etc) over USB to Mac/PC
2. Playhead marker in Sample Edit, Loop Edit, and Track Edit
3. Zoom In/Out in Track Edit
4. Sample Slice (Divide) into Equal Regions (Time Slice/Time Stretch)
5. "Latch" [Enter] button for use in Sample Edit/Loop Edit
6. Key plays edit range
7. Option to "LINK" Sample Start Point and Loop Start Point
8. Sample Edit: Add Pitch Shift (change pitch without changing tempo)
9. UNDO/REDO Last Edit
10. Grid (Sequencer) Recording and Editing

Out of this list I wrote, #2 is very important.

The Sample Editor shows a nice sized graphic representation of a sample. Pressing a key allows you to audition that sample. But as the sample is being played, you are stuck looking at the graphic waveform that doesn't show what part of the sample is actually being played/heard. The Editor is in need of a timeline/ruler above the graphic view and a cursor/playhead marker to indicate what is being played. This would speed up editing significantly. This is a significant function in every software editor I can think of.

On a side not...a scissors tool/slice marker would be nice. I could quickly insert slice points anywhere I wanted within the editor. Not many hardware workstations have this function (except Roland products).
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
Not necessarily.

a Fantom G has a screen of similar size as a Kronos, and it's angled:

I wasn't saying the screen could not be angled. An angled design is what the PA3X has, very similar to the Fantom G.

I was talking about the Kurzweil PC3 that has a deep angled screen which does not stick out further than the rest of the body. This is only possible with a small screen.

Gargamel314 wrote:
i really don't think that even if you post the screen angle thing 30 more times that Korg will look at this wish list and say... LET'S RECALL ALL THE UNITS AND FIX THE SCREEN! so maybe post some things that can be improved perhaps in a future OS patch or expansion release? good idea, right?

You are absolutely correct. As Stephen Kay stated, the design "is what it is". The Kronos hardware is not going to change.
jahrome

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be funny when folks get their Kronos and realize it is angled slightly. You can't see this accurately in the pics.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's obviously angled. It's just not angled very much. About the same as the Triton it seems...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Chriskk

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Korg will not release a 73/76 key weighted synth action version. But I'd love to buy that version.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriskk wrote:
I guess Korg will not release a 73/76 key weighted synth action version. But I'd love to buy that version.

I'm hoping that once the 88 arrives, I can "manipulate" the action to speed it up a bit. An 88 Semi-weighted will be pretty slick if you ask me.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
jahrome

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While spending a lot of time in the sequencer mode, I was surprised not to see a piano roll or drum grid matrix for editing as these are typically standards in many sequencers. Data recorded on a track is displayed as a series of little squares. For audio tracks, a recording of silence and actual audio will appear the same. I was expecting to see actual waveform data on the track.

There is a timeline displayed in bars above the track view. There is a small yellow triangle that represents the current playback position. It goes unnoticed if you are not looking for it. A better option would be to have a larger playhead marker transposed over all the tracks to indicate current playback position like the Fantom G or what you see in a DAW.

Quantize. I have spent over 10 years using hardware sequencers such as the Akai MPC. So I like the ability to set Quantize/Swing prior to recording. Kronos can set the Rec Resoultion prior to recording. But applying Swing appears to be done after recording.

Transport. I like traditional transports, with dedicated buttons for Record, Overdub, Steo FW/REW, Punch In/Out, etc. Kronos transport is very simple. I can't choose to Overdub or Overwrite from the transport. These options are located in the Preference area. So if I am not on this screen, I don't know which recording mode I am in once I press the Rec/Write button. A visual indicator of the current Rec Mode in the MIDI Prog Mixer, Audio Track Mixer, and Track Edit screens will be helpful. Even better if I can change the Rec Mode from these menus as well.

When recording, you have to stop the sequencer in order to change tracks. I would prefer have the options to change tracks while the sequencer is recording.

Last edited by jahrome on Sun May 29, 2011 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
zahush76

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
While spending a lot of time in the sequencer mode, I was surprised not to see a piano roll or drum grid matrix for editing as these are typically standards in many sequencers. Data recorded on a track is displayed as a serious of little squares. For audio tracks, a recording of silence and actual audio will appear the same. I was expecting to see actual waveform data on the track.

There is a timeline displayed in bars above the track view. There is a small yellow triangle that represents the current playback position. It goes unnoticed if you are not looking for it. A better option would be to have a larger playhead marker transposed over all the tracks to indicate current playback position like the Fantom G or what you see in a DAW.

Quantize. I have spent over 10 years using hardware sequencers such as the Akai MPC. So I like the ability to set Quantize/Swing prior to recording. Kronos can set the Rec Resoultion prior to recording. But applying Swing appears to be done after recording.

Transport. I like traditional transports, with dedicated buttons for Record, Overdub, Steo FW/REW, Punch In/Out, etc. Kronos transport is very simple. I can't choose to Overdub or Overwrite from the transport. These options are located in the Preference area. So if I am not on this screen, I don't know which recording mode I am in once I press the Rec/Write button. A visual indicator of the current Rec Mode in the MIDI Prog Mixer, Audio Track Mixer, and Track Edit screens will be helpful. Even better if I can change the Rec Mode from these menus as well.

When recording, you have to stop the sequencer in order to change tracks. I would prefer have the options to change tracks while the sequencer is recording.

Hi Jahrome.
I've been following your posts since you got the Kronos. You wrote about the sequencer and its shortcommings, the data wheel etc.

I would really like to hear from you more about the good things about the Kronos, what do you think about the overall sound, maybe go specific about some of the engines. Cause i'm hearing, overall, more negative than positive - and i really would like to hear more about the positive side.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
While spending a lot of time in the sequencer mode, I was surprised not to see a piano roll or drum grid matrix for editing as these are typically standards in many sequencers. Data recorded on a track is displayed as a serious of little squares. For audio tracks, a recording of silence and actual audio will appear the same. I was expecting to see actual waveform data on the track.

I knew it wouldn't be too long before this reared its ugly head..

I'm a long time MPC user,even though I've sequenced on the Oasys and Tritons,the Sequencer is lacklustre,kind of find it laughable when you hear clowns like Sina moaning how s**t the MV8800 is or too difficult to operate or doesn't have multitrack recording so its useless to transfer sequences over to it from his Triton(idiot still doesn't understand how to drag and drop Midifiles)yet is happy to work on a sequencer that doesn't even have the basic midi functions found on sequencers 15 years prior to it.

Anyone who has used any serious decent sequencers Like MPCs or MVs will be left deflated with the kronos and I know there will be users who will shoot me down for saying it,but I'm sorry its totally unacceptable for a workstation of this calibre to have such a s**t sequencer on it and before you do shoot me down over it,I have extensive useage of them since the Trinity days and its the exact same device in the Oasys and it hasn't changed since that(even the m3 has better MIdi editor options than The Oasys and Kronos) and don't hold your breath for a sequencer update neither to bring it up to spec of todays hardware sequencer,They even took a step back with the way it imports and uses audio files in the Audio recorder section,something which they did superbly in their own Line of D16/D32XD recorders,The Fantom G even with it shortcomings is a step in the right direction for Audio Workstation/Synth sequencers,

with Korgs there is far too much flipping between pages to do basic cut and paste operations that its just a poor workflow,it doesn't even have a basic clipboard for being able to cut and paste easily

I imagine the kronos Audio section will be the same exact system,furking diabolical and non sensical for importing and pasting audio files seeing as they engineered the DXD series anyway!!!why the hell did they not port that OS into Oasys/Kronos Audio recorder operations!it such a breeze to use with a large touchscreen,an audio recorder with no SMPTE/MTC or basic counter for time positioning other than bars/beats,its clear they never wanted any serious tracks to be made on these dinosaur sequencers,never understood why they label it Workstation??Its obvious they never really give the sequencer much food for thought or they would have learnt lessons with the Oasys,if the kronos is half as much of a workstation as the Oasys it will invariably become an expensive sound module and nothing else not a workstation the term doesn't really fit a machine that has heavyweight Engines but poor sequencing methods

if Korg had any intention of setting the bar with this one,they would of happily included a new sequencer full stop with the Kronos OS to totally forget the Oasys legacy they seem to have dropped all knowledge of

Just check out the threads in the Oasys section for sequencer issues/Requests,Korg clearly never!!!
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
ozy

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
when I post pictures of my new SSL XL-9000 K (4 80-Channel, 1 96-Channel, and 1 32-Channel) consoles when they come in next month.

aren't 448 channel a bit limited?

Sina172 wrote:
get the idea down

you mean, that you put down some ideas?

What we read here is not even ALL of it?

There is more?

Oh, my God...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 3 of 50

Jump to: