Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is considered the 'go-to' subtractive softsynth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: What is considered the 'go-to' subtractive softsynth? Reply with quote

I'm just curious what one of the more popular subtractive style software synths is. Running MIDI cables back and forth from instruments is getting a little convenient, so I'd like a AU to work with either for drafting out a piece or including in my final piece. If it's free, that's great, if it has a reasonable cost, that's fine as well.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some DAWs come with their own synths, and not just sample players.
For example I sometimes use Prologue in Cubase.

Aside from that, the Legacy MS20 is well worth the money.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
Some DAWs come with their own synths, and not just sample players.
For example I sometimes use Prologue in Cubase.

Aside from that, the Legacy MS20 is well worth the money.

Well Logic has a few synths of various types. However, I despise them immensely, especially the subtractive ones- the first subtractive one's waves sound terrible and the init patch is difficult to work with, the second one has a million mod sources already preset on init and has a way too complicated to understand dual filter system with one side being 3 oscs and the other some weird fm, and the third is just a 'vintage' synth- literally a filter and a blender between square and saw.

Korg's legacy collection does look interesting and the iPad MS20 is fun to work with, I'm sure the software is as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: