Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All-Access Party :: Reports
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
The Motif XS is a great keyboard. I could probably do everything I need with a Motif

Yea, the Motif is a great sounding board, but being I like to record directly to my daw, the very first thing and I must say for myself is that it does not send CCs for the arp changes.
So, you are pretty much forced into using the internal sequencer and then bouncing your tracks out to daw.

Not saying this is a bad thing, but I, like everyone has his own preference of recording procedure and being forced to record arp changes this way,
I just couldn't get acquainted with it, very nice, but for me it didn't work. "I want my Kronos"

Other than that, great board!
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:

Actually, I'm quite excited about the idea of programming the Kronos. It appears to be one of the few synths to come out in a long time that'd be WORTH the effort!

All synths are worth the effort!

Even if you don't program patches from scratch, you can always start by editing presets to improve them or at least to make them more suited to your own needs.

And, yes, the Motif XS is a preset monster, but it's also a true synth!
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the Motif with its three quarters of a freaking gigabyte sound rom, and those nice filters, it's capable of delivering all kinds of sound creation power. It's just way too expensive right now, though some day, unless the Jupiter-80 really catches my ear, which it is right now, I'd love to have one.

I have to say though that the J-80 is sounding sweeter by the video. Almost as sweet as a Kronos. Wink
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthguy wrote:
I'm sure the Motif with its three quarters of a freaking gigabyte sound rom, and those nice filters, it's capable of delivering all kinds of sound creation power. It's just way too expensive right now, though some day, unless the Jupiter-80 really catches my ear, which it is right now, I'd love to have one.

I have to say though that the J-80 is sounding sweeter by the video. Almost as sweet as a Kronos. Wink

Yep Synthguy I agree with you on the Jupiter 80.. very interesting!! And it seems all we are going to hear is demo setlists on the Kronos. which I am tired of hearing the same ole sounds..!! Why cant Korg do some Hi Res videos like EnjoyRC made of the All-Access party? I would buy a Jupiter today if it was available to me and not bother with worrying about the Kronos..

To me it looks like the Kronos lacks a good Tele and blues Guitar sound and decent Brass. I dont believe the buttons and knobs light up, screen is hard to see on some edit features. Most all the demos the players have to lean over to see it.. Plus personally I have used Karma with M3 and Oasys and its a nice feature. However, I was frustrated with it because it is hard to predict what sound and pattern is going to come next. Kind of like flying a Remote control airplane in a windstorm.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeroesque wrote:
Dear Korg,

Please do not acquiesce to a bunch of silly requests to make 500 demo videos covering every possible patch on the Kronos. Don't waste your time doing anything but releasing the most kick-a** keyboard ever devised.

Thanks,

Tim

PS: Also, nobody needs the manual until they've played their own Kronos at home for a few hours.

Dear Korg, Please ignore the zero and DO make a few videos showing some different sounds. Better yet, get it shipped so we can play it!

PS: Someone who makes large purchases without knowing what they're getting into is a fool soon parted with his money! Please release the Manual so the rest of us can better make a professional assessment of the capabilities of the keyboard.
Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
Zeroesque wrote:
Dear Korg,

Please do not acquiesce to a bunch of silly requests to make 500 demo videos covering every possible patch on the Kronos. Don't waste your time doing anything but releasing the most kick-a** keyboard ever devised.

Thanks,

Tim

PS: Also, nobody needs the manual until they've played their own Kronos at home for a few hours.

Dear Korg, Please ignore the zero and DO make a few videos showing some different sounds. Better yet, get it shipped so we can play it!

PS: Someone who makes large purchases without knowing what they're getting into is a fool soon parted with his money! Please release the Manual so the rest of us can better make a professional assessment of the capabilities of the keyboard.

The manual is built into Kronos, so I doubt theyre gonna release it online soon.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt when it's released in the US, the manual will be in the box on disk, so somebody will upload then (if Korg haven't done it by then!)
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but don't believe the entire manual is in the K?
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthesizedclapping wrote:

The manual is built into Kronos . . . .

That's going to make sitting on the toilet and reading the manual REALLY awkward!
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the manual isnt in the Kronos.. The screen isnt friendly...Ill be bent over straining to read it. Not very fun.
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
I hope the manual isnt in the Kronos.. The screen isnt friendly...Ill be bent over straining to read it. Not very fun.

Besides the usual printable user documentation I think it's very useful to have the manual in Kronos/OASYS (better to say the information from the manual - because it looks different than the printed version). It helps a lot if you want to learn about anything (parameters, controllers etc.) - you just hold the Help button and move the controller or touch the parameter on the screen and the "manual" opens automatically there, you even don't have to search within the huge amount of detailed explanation.

For me the Kronos' screen is usable - although I had to get used to it after the OASYS. For the first time the screen elements looked very small, almost too small, compared to OASYS. But now I already say the high-resolution and crisp screen is beautiful, very informative and responsive. If you calibrate it (it's enough to do it once after you turn Kronos on for the very first time and it takes 2 seconds touching twice the screen in opposite corners) then it can be easily controlled with a light touch of your finger.

Although I personally wouldn't mind a bigger screen, I like the Kronos as it is, and I think, for example, if you can type on your iPhone in vertical position then you won't have problems with this screen either.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lougheed wrote:
Synthesizedclapping wrote:

The manual is built into Kronos . . . .

That's going to make sitting on the toilet and reading the manual REALLY awkward!

That's why Korg released a Kronos with a 73 keys version of their RH3 keyboard
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:

According to the Korg web site, the manual is also on the included DVD Disc:

Quote:
Accessories:
AC cord, Quick Start Guide, Accessory DVD Disk (Restore Data, KORG USB Driver, Manual PDF, etc.)
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> It's just way too expensive right now

I agree and what about the unusual size? I mean, it's TOO BIG! Thank you Korg for making the Kronos - a "regular" sized and weight keyboard.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:

Quote:
Accessories:
AC cord, Quick Start Guide, Accessory DVD Disk (Restore Data, KORG USB Driver, Manual PDF, etc.)

I've been wondering about the Restore Data on DVD.
How would you restore without a DVD drive in the K?
Sorry for being naive here.. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: