Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New PA1X Pro owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: New PA1X Pro owner Reply with quote

Well, my son who's 12 on Sunday expressed a desire to have an arranger, so I bought a used PA1X Elite. Besides learning classical piano, he's started jazz piano at school, so I guess an arranger will be ideal for him to work his pieces having more fun. Also a great incentive to start learning circle of fifths, chords notation, etc.

This is the first time I've ever bought an arranger, so looking forward to seeing what can be done with it.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Francois

What a lucky lad to have the PA1XPro Elite. This instrument is rich with unbelievable features.

If he is truly starting out with this arranger keyboard, I strongly recommend that he works through the first 70 pages (approx) of the manual - it is a "Quick Start Guide" but will get him familiar with the Korg PA1XPro terminology and the main modes of the keyboard - do this with the keyboard ON and next to him so as to perform the tutorial as he goes through it.

Let us/me know when you are ready for any extra styles and sounds - I have plenty to share with you.

All the manuals and add-ons can be downloaded from here:
http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/discontinued-products/korg-pa1x-korg-pa1x-pro.html
and lots of bonus material here:
http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/bonusware.html

All the best

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

francois. I am also based in the midlands. If you need any help let me know and maybe i can call you.

Have fun

Worth
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. The Pa was unwrapped this morning for his birthday.

We're going to learn the manual together.

For all my years playing and programming synths, I know very little about arrangers, so there is a steep learning curve ahead of us. Nevertheless, the PA1X will be very rewarding I'm sure.

Right now, quick start guide, then parameter guide. I'll see how it goes, but I know there are Rob's DVDs if I get lost en route!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: