Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Classic Connected to m audio midi sport UNO interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Santiago

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Triton Classic Connected to m audio midi sport UNO interface Reply with quote

Hello

Can i use my triton classic as a MIDI controller or Master keyboard, connected to an M AUDIO MIDISPORT UNO INTERFACE, using Reason 4,
Ableton, Etc.

If there is a way, how do i make it work??

Thank you all!!!

I use KORG TRITON classic , M AUDIO MIDISPORT UNO MIDI USB interface, Acer Aspire One Laptop.
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use your Triton as a Master Keyboard for your M-Audio controller to play sounds "inside" the Triton with your controller. You can also set External timbres to be played with the Triton on your DAW. You can also use your DAW to record MIDI data as sequences coming from either your Triton or your Controller.

Possibilities are endless.

What you want to do in the end?

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
Santiago

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to connect my triton and use it with Reason 4 as a master keyboard, so i can play the sound banks of the reason on my triton classic,
Cain i do that? how?

Thanks!!
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santiago wrote:
I want to connect my triton and use it with Reason 4 as a master keyboard, so i can play the sound banks of the reason on my triton classic,
Cain i do that? how?

Thanks!!

Yes you can. First you need a MIDI interface in your PC. Since your Triton doesn't have any USB interface, a MIDI to USB cable like the Emu XMidi 1x1 is a good choice:
http://www.amazon.com/EMU-Xmidi-1x1-MIDI-Interface/dp/B000JLU26W

Install all the drivers and make sure Reason detects the keyboard.

Now set a timbre on the triton combi to External and MIDI channel 02 or 03, any number different from 01 (which is by default the global channel) will work.

Now create a new rack in Reason, select a synth and a mixer and play. I guess you know how to set MIDI parameters in Reason, yes?

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
Santiago

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin

The true is, i'm new with MIDI, and i never worked with that,
i had many workstations and synths, but i work with the presets and edited myself.
I never worked with MIDI, so i dont know even know how i connect the interface.
I connect MIDI IN AND OUT on my triton classic, and the USB port in my laptop, i dont know if its the right way to connect it.
I use M AUDIO MIDISPORT UNO 1X1 interface. and Acer Aspire One Laptop.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just want to control reason and don't want to use any features of the triton, simply connect the MIDI Out of the triton to the MIDI In of the USB-MIDI interface. Then in Reason you'd select your MIDI interface as the keyboard input device.

The interface nor your OS (Windows, Mac OS, etc) never actually knows what is connected to it, it won't say 'Triton', it'll just say 'E-MU XMIDI 1x1' or whatever. MIDI is Dumb in that sense, as it just transmits and recieves blindly regardless of what is plugged in or even if nothing is plugged in at all, your Triton for example has always been transmitting MIDI on its Out port.

The triton will always transmit notes on its global channel, which by default should be channel 1. If you still have your triton connected and don't want its arps to interfere or don't want to hear the triton, you can also turn 'Local' Off in Global mode, which stops the synth responding to its own controls.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
khalidsdar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: korg pa800 load files problem Reply with quote

My problem is when I load some files on my keyboard korg pa800 it overwrites on my previous files. is there any way I can add more files without overwriting on existing files.
thanks
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: korg pa800 load files problem Reply with quote

khalidsdar wrote:
My problem is when I load some files on my keyboard korg pa800 it overwrites on my previous files. is there any way I can add more files without overwriting on existing files.
thanks

What does this have to do with this topic?

please post in the appropriate section:
Quote:
Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
Discussions relating to the Korg Pa2X Pro, Pa800 & Pa500

Currently you've posted on the end of someone else's question which has nothing to do with your problem, in this section:
Quote:
Korg Triton Classic
Discussion relating to the Korg Triton Classic.

Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: