Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transposing key during song..error!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtscape

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Transposing key during song..error! Reply with quote

Hi. Hope you guys can help me out here. During a gig on Sunday I suddenly realized that the patch had transposed to a different key without me asking it too! It happened 3 or 4 times during the evening on different patches and combinations. I have a damper pedal connected and the audio output leads and nothing else.

Does anyone have any idea why it would do this?
I think it may be the internal battery but that's a real guess!

I need to resolve this as it could be quite embarrasing if it transposed midway through a piano accompanied song with nothing else!

Cheers
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two things to check based on other things i have seen.
Check if it transposes while the sustain pedal is being pressed
check if joystick still works (pitch bend, not modulation)

Ive seen it happen here on the forums people experiencing transposing by a few steps while the sustain is down and the joystick wont work to pitch bend cause of wires coming off or something.

Let me know if that works.

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
dtscape

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I've just checked and both seem fine. I use a different sustain pedal live but the transpose happened a while ago during recording. The pitch bender is fine as well. It just seems very sporadic at the moment and I can't see a reason why it happens. It just does it when it feels like it!
Bloody anoying!
dtscape

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had a thought. It appears that on the patches/combinations it happened on the knob 2 adjusts the pitch! It may be that as I don't adjust that at all live but noticed it was of centre and it may account for the change in pitch. Still can't explain why it's just started happening though! A bit weird!
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you'll find the joystick is the culprit - from personal experience. Next time it happens (and it's unpredictable when it will) give the joystick a nudge and see if that brings pitch back to "zero". If so, it will need attention by a technician - unless you're the type that says "now that I can fix it, I'll see if I can live with it."

The knobs are neutral till touched. That is to say that regardless of starting position they should have no effect on a sound AS it is selected - only after patch selection and an active twist of the knob. I've never seen a knob malf that did this - but plenty of joystick posts.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: