Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to adjust the levels of different sounds in the editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taragalinas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: How to adjust the levels of different sounds in the editor Reply with quote

Love the SV-1. Just one problem. Some sounds are way louder than others. Is there some way to adjust the level of each sound in the editor? If so how?

I've been meddling about a bit, installing soundpacks etc. But I can't seem to adjust the volume.

Help me Obi Wan-Korg Forum. You're my only hope!
ShaunKorg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do it with the EQ.

It would be nice if there was a separate volume for each sound.

It would also be nice if there was an overall EQ that didn't change with each sound.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the editor there is a stereo limiter (i think that's what its called) when you select it there is a gain knob. I've used this to do my own leveling. Sloppy on Korg's part I think. I see no reason to have a particular sound louder than another by default. Anyway, it is fixable through the editor. Also you can mess with things such as amp volume and cabinet volume. there are a few components to overall volume.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mackbaz wrote:
In the editor there is a stereo limiter Sloppy on Korg's part I think. I see no reason to have a particular sound louder than another by default.

It depends on the make up of those sounds timbres,sounds are made up of frequencies which add energy dependant on the sound and whether its a bright or dull sound,so some sounds will be louder by default than another,even if you turned all the effects and other modulation and Eq's that add frequencies to the soundsource into the equasion off you'll find slight volume fluctuations

You wouldn't expect an organ sound with no overdrive or eqs etc to be equal in volume to an organ sound with overdrive,Thats what the limiter is there for to give you more of an overall control over it
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you say is true to a degree. I agreee the organ with an amp would indeed be louder than an acoustic piano. However, this is no reason for an acoustic piano fro sound pack one to vary in volume from the pianos in sound pack 2. And yes even acoustics can vary in volume. But that wouldn't explain why both pianos in sp2 are the same volume, but are different from the previous pianos. Once again I will say it was just a little sloppy on Korg's part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: