Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'LL SET FIRE TO THE KORG BOOTH at Musikmesse in April if..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopStarWannabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I'LL SET FIRE TO THE KORG BOOTH at Musikmesse in April i Reply with quote

Lougheed wrote:

However, you're not comparing the same thing. The Motif XS / XF have NO Karma function on board, whatsoever. External software, requiring a computer, is needed to add the Karma function
I know!! I said "users from a DIFFERENT keyboard manufacturer will benefit" from Karma 3.0! It's irrelevant to me if Karma will run from a computer. The main thing is: THEY will have it, WE will not!!

McHale wrote:
While you're setting fire to things and no doubt taking hostages, will you ask them if they'll reconsider a 76 (not 73) key semi-weighted keybed?
Oh hell yes, thanks for reminding me that! Why in the world are they putting fully weighted keys on the 73?? And yes, semi-wighted 76 is something I always wished for. E0 to G6, just like Kurzweil!!

peter_schwartz wrote:
If you do that, they might turn around and set fire to the Karma 3 source code, just for spite
I would then declare myself content: the Kronos WILL have the latest Karma! Wink

CfNorENa wrote:
Bachus wrote:

Still got no clue why they didn't implement KARMA 3.0 in the first place if it was avaialble..

The only reason i can think of is that it would have delayed the Release of KRONOS.

this also explains why they left in that old sequencer rather than using the new-and-improved M3 version... I am certainly HOPING that these things will be coming down the road, once they've had the time to implement them.
That's exactly what I meant!! We CAN wait, but we need the PROMISE!

BasariStudios wrote:
And then end up on every newspaper in the world
I was obviously joking at the beginning, but what you're saying seems like a damn good idea! I'll really consider that. Thanks mate!

MartinHines wrote:
I suspect the Kronos will never have Karma v3.0... you should skip the "setting on fire part". Why not simply buy the Motif XFs?

Let me be the first name you put on your "Motif XF for 1 Euro" list
Evidently, you're just trying to dishearten me and then exploit my emotional instability in order to get your Motif. Well, you won't!!! Smile

Last edited by PopStarWannabe on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm convinced than Korg should have their engineers to work with Stephen to bring Karma V3 on the Kronos...

But don't forget one thing, and I don't want to diminish Stephen's work, but:

Motif XF doesn't HAVE the Karma... you need a computer to run the application which midi-controls the Motif XF. The Karma V3 isn't integrated in the Motif XF OS at all...

Stephen did a great job and probably the best he can from his side, but Yamaha didn't include the Karma at all in the Motif XF OS. Korg did it... So, yeah, there's not the new version, but it's easier to modify and evolve a software running on a computer only, than re-programming the whole OS of a keyboard.

At least, the Kronos doesn't need anything else to run the Karma, which is perfectly integrated in the Kronos... So, just give the guys some time to talk and see together what they can bring to us, and I'm sure we will get some very exciting news... Until then, the Karma V2 is already very powerful and a lot of things can be done... (Just look on the Oasys or M3).

My 2 cents,
Phil
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume that Yamaha have paid for the development of Karma 3 as well as for the adaptation of Karma for their Motif range, so can you expect Karma 3 to be released in a Korg synth?
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
I presume that Yamaha have paid for the development of Karma 3 as well as for the adaptation of Karma for their Motif range, so can you expect Karma 3 to be released in a Korg synth?
Not true. That's not how it worked. I've been developing KARMA 3.0 for the last few years myself. I will make money from the sale of the software. Yamaha has no exclusivity at this time.

PopStarWannabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Yamaha has no exclusivity at this time.
At this time not, but it could acquire exclusivity on Karma 3, just like Korg had (although not officially) exclusivity on Karma for years... In that case, it will refrain me from purchasing the Kronos, and my stage gear will be: Laptop + Yamaha Motif XF6.
Vim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Not true. That's not how it worked. I've been developing KARMA 3.0 for the last few years myself. I will make money from the sale of the software. Yamaha has no exclusivity at this time.

Hi Stephen ... will it run like Karma Triton MW? And if so then can we expect the ver3 s/w to be able to run with the Triton as well?
ex Marshall Islands
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Vim"]
StephenKay wrote:
Hi Stephen ... will it run like Karma Triton MW?

Similar.
Quote:
And if so then can we expect the ver3 s/w to be able to run with the Triton as well?

No, considering v2 doesn't even work with the Triton. KARMA Triton and KARMA MW are v1.x.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: