Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programming the Oriental Patches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillwilson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Programming the Oriental Patches Reply with quote

Ok so if Im correct in my readings....

the new WD oriental is basically the same unit but with a slightly expanded memory for more presets and more user sets... but using the same PCMs and Algorithms?

If this is the case does anyone know of a resource listing the perameters of the new patches?

I have a heap of patches on my WD that i loathe and I would love to input some of the great new sounds Ive heard in the NAMM youtube vids.

If anyone has taken recipt of the new oriental version and fancys jotting some of the nicest ones down that would be ACE.

thanks
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to clarify:

What sets the Oriental apart from the previous versions of the Wavedrum is the addition of Nine New Algorithms. Therefore, it would be impossible to replicate the new sounds of the Oriental on one of the previous versions (Silver or Black).

What also makes these new algorithms unique is that one of the eight parameters (accessed in the Edit 2 Mode) is "Sensitivity." These can be adjusted from 00...100. The factory default on the new sounds is 90.

To be clear:
This new parameter I am referring to is different than the sensitivity features that all the Wavedrums share such as the "pre-amp" setting (H-H, S-H, etc), and all other global settings that affect the response of the transducers and the pressure sensor.

Sorry for any misunderstanding on this.

I hope this makes sense. Smile
phillwilson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch... the truth does indeed hurt !!!

not your problem, just a really sucky (non)upgrade path.

dont get me wrong, I love the WD, I just didnt think they would start doing the petty obsoletion development path in the way that other companies have addopted.

nevermind... at this rate we will be in line for WD - 3 or 4 by next year so I will just hold tight til the drip feed me some more desireable features. (USB for edits , definable zones a la mandala )
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to add one thing to this older topic, for clarification.

The nine additional algorithms that are included with the Oriental version of the Wavedrum are all double-size algorithms. To those who are familiar with editing on the Wavedrum, this means that you can not combine the new algorithms with any other existing sounds (Algorithm or PCM) when creating a new program.

The reason for this is that double-size algorithms require all the processing power of the Wavedrum. That means that when a double-size algorithm is selected (this is true for all versions of the Wavedrum), no other algorithm or PCM sounds can be selected for that particular program.

However, when using any of the single-size algorithms (#1 thru #26), you can certainly select any of the 50 new PCM sounds that are included with the Oriental, and blend them together.

I hope this clarifies a few things.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great information as usual WaveDrummer! Thanks for participating here, I'm sure your quite busy so I for one appreciate your time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: