Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Bugs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrocko31

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Kronos Bugs? Reply with quote

Hello there,

I am very tempted to buy one of the first batch Kronos keyboards for sale to replace my current workstation.I'm planning to use it mostly for live applications.And so,to Korg, can we expect a fully finished product from the KRONOS? It would be possible that there will be bugs on the OS but I hope at least it would be minimal.

Last edited by jrocko31 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
operaman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one can no for sure until it is in the wild and people are actually using it for day to day operation. Me personally, I have it on preorder, and I look forward to using it straight away.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't the title of the thread rather carry a question mark than an exclamation mark?
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Shouldn't the title of the thread rather carry a question mark than an exclamation mark?

some people don't have enough synths,

but it looks like everybody here has a time machine!

people are discussing kronos features, bugs, new patches, updgrades and SECOND HAND PRICES!!! Rolling Eyes Shocked
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if there was any bugs...do you really thing Korg will say:
Yeah, of course there is a lot of bugs but we'll fix them...

???
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven of the nine synth engines come directly from OASYS and these are essentially bug free (from a practical stand point).

I've used them all extensively and they are absolutely rock solid. Porting issues aside, you can expect absolutely superlative quality synthesizers.

With great respect to Korg on this front - I believe that have among the very, very best audio technology software development teams in the world. I really mean that. The OASYS is a technical marvel - how they extract so much DSP power from a single Intel processor I'll never know. And it works - beautifully, virtually bug free and with enormous quality and efficiency.

But I also own the T3, O1R/W, Z1, Triton Rack and Karma (with MOSS board) and they all work incredibly well. I have never encountered a bug in any of these synths. And then you look at their stunningly rapid port of electribe to iPad virtually the day the iPad was released, and their truly wonderous iMS20 for iPad released almost as an 'aside' to their mainstream efforts, and you realise that the one thing above all else that Korg have absolutely nailed - lock, stock and barrell - is audio software. I do not believe there is a better company in existence in this regard. A huge amount of this seems to be down to Korg R&D in the US.

I'm speaking as someone who worked in the software industry for 9 years and who beta tested for OASYS - from these perspectives and from Korg's proven legacy, I'm personally not one iota worried about the quality of Korons' operating capabilities, efficiency and synth engine quality - they have long since 'nailed' how to do these to the highest conceivable quality.

Kevin.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Korg machines that i've known of bugs are M3 and PA line.
And there was few on Triton which they fixed.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the original poster should put a question mark to his thread instead of that silly, heavily misleading exclamation mark.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed !

jrocko31 - your post heading looks like it's flagging known bugs and is misleading - can you please change the exclimation mark to a question mark?

Sharp - could you do this - it's unfair on a product not even released yet.

Kevin.
jrocko31

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

Thanks for your replies. I don't know if I can change that exclamation point to a question mark on the title thread but I'll try. I agree it could be misleading.
jrocko31

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There, it's ok! I hope the 'Game Changer' won't have any major bugs when it comes out. I'm planning to buy the 61 key version for live performance and some studio work.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can begin bug hunting from the day you got your Kronos, and then tell us all you found.
afr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Bugs? Reply with quote

jrocko31 wrote:
Hello there,

I am very tempted to buy one of the first batch Kronos keyboards for sale to replace my current workstation.I'm planning to use it mostly for live applications.And so,to Korg, can we expect a fully finished product from the KRONOS? It would be possible that there will be bugs on the OS but I hope at least it would be minimal.

there are op.sys updates to solve bugs, there are upgrades
for mobile phones (50 €) why should not happen to a more complex system?

The important point is to have a support from korg
John Hendry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Where to hide your Kronos Reply with quote

"But I also own the T3, O1R/W, Z1, Triton Rack and Karma (with MOSS board) and they all work incredibly well. I have never encountered a bug in any of these synths."

Out of 12 Korg keyboards going back to 1989 only the display back light on my WS AD, the volume sliders on my M1s, and one button on my M50 ever had any problems (not counting AC damage from the wall socket) and I can see no reason to not buy one of the first Kronos. You are more likely to have your local police show up at your door and steal it than have it break or have issues and I base this statement on pure mathematics relative to my frame of reference. As long as you hide it under your bed you should no problems....as long as the bed is not takin.

A good surge protector and AC filter is a good idea as well and a balanced isolation transformer to balance the US AC is even better. Equi-tech http://www.equitech.com/products/rack/sonofqav.html makes the best by far but Furman makes a reasonable one as well. I was using a Furman IT 1220 and for recording in Hawaii would consider it a must. Funny thing happened to my bed......

John^^

PS T3...sweet.
SoulBe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aheem
after plenty of years building synth by Korg including Oasys which is part of Kronos I think you can be sure that Kronos will be released without bugs.

regards
SoulBe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: