Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinkle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos is a computer, there should be 100% upgradability.
Adding new engines as an example. Simmons Electronic drums engine would be perfect. Smile. As there are no Simmons emulations out there.

Though Korg have trashed the "Open Architecture Synthesis Studio" phrase they had for the Oasys... Which is a bad thing I guess. :S
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Korg,

Please don't listen them up for more sounds... just provide us a SDK to develop new expansion and summit them to you for validation (iPhone App Store like), and let the thousands of developers out there to develop new stuff for you Smile

My 2 cents,
Phil
SoulBe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:
You did, but... Smile To infinity and beyondddd! Smile

I heard rumors that OS1.3.9 will provide warp drive and they are beta testing quantum slipstream for OS 2.1.

Regards
SoulBe
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

SoulBe wrote:
vEddY wrote:

I heard rumors that OS1.3.9 will provide warp drive and they are beta testing quantum slipstream for OS 2.1.
Regards
SoulBe

And I just heard that preview version of the v2.0 OS has a "transwarp conduit" feature and that all of the background screens on Kronos will light green when you use it.

No Voyager pun intended, at all Wink
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

spinoria wrote:
Hi dear Korg !

Can we expect some more development for the Korg Kronos in the future?
More Piano libraries?
Hammond organ?
Sample libraries?
Synth engines?
New O.S functionality?

Best regards... / Spinoria

Let me tell you the facts. With the OASYS, Korg made certain promises - some were kept and some weren't (don't worry! I'm not going further than that).

With Kronos, not a single promise has been made about any element of any thing to with any iota of what makes up Kronos, either hardware or software.

That means, zilch, nada, niet, rien, zero in the future. If it does come a) it's a bonus and b) not as a result of any promises made (because there were none).

Get it now? Smile
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

SoulBe wrote:
vEddY wrote:

I've heard they still have problems with the WarpCore...ALL HANDS...ABANDON SHIP!!!
Unless they hire Geordi...
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:
No Voyager pun intended, at all Wink

Nah, Voyager is still stuck in the Delta Quadrant...
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope KORG will focus first on an update that will enable us to use VMT (disk-streaming) for user samples, upgrade the internal RAM and install a bigger SSD.
I'm sure that will make a lot of people happy. Very Happy
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
I hope KORG will focus first on an update that will enable us to use VMT (disk-streaming) for user samples, upgrade the internal RAM and install a bigger SSD.
Theres 18gb of free userspace and you still want more space?, you can use external harddrives & usb memory sticks to store your data aswell btw.

Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:
Jan1 wrote:
Theres 18gb of free userspace and you still want more space?, you can use external harddrives & usb memory sticks to store your data aswell btw.

18GB seems a lot, but I can assure I have no difficulty in filling it up very quickly, especially if VMT becomes available for user samples.
spinoria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Little bit worried about the organ sounds Reply with quote

Since I'm a keyboard player (not playing guitars on my workstation) it's important to me that I have really great sounds for things a keyboard player usually play in a band. That is Piano, electric pianos, strings, clav, hammond organ, synth sounds, maybe some brass sounds.

I'm worried about the CX3 engine and I want realistic hammond organ sounds with a good leslie effect. Korg has made terrible hammond sounds in the past.
Novation Ultranova, Korg M3 73, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Korg Poly 800 MK2, Korg Kaossilator, Korg Trident MK1, Nord Electro 3, Kurzweil PC3X, Kurzweil K2500X, Virus TI 61 , Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000, Kurzweil K2500R, Yamaha SK20, Hammond C3+ Leslie R22, PC running Brainspawn Forte with EMU Soundcard + IK Multimedia Sampletank 2.0 + Sonik Synth + Miroslav Philharmonik, Logic Mainstage Smile
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Little bit worried about the organ sounds Reply with quote

spinoria wrote:
Since I'm a keyboard player (not playing guitars on my workstation) it's important to me that I have really great sounds for things a keyboard player usually play in a band. That is Piano, electric pianos, strings, clav, hammond organ, synth sounds, maybe some brass sounds.

I'm worried about the CX3 engine and I want realistic hammond organ sounds with a good leslie effect. Korg has made terrible hammond sounds in the past.
My personal opinions(and speculations)
-I think the pianos & eps will be great in Kronos.
-Strings will be ok (very subjective, but they seem very similar to M3's strings (except that EDS is the "son" of HD3 so the kronos should be a step ahead)).
-Synths - well this is kinda obvious, kronos will smosh anything else out there pretty much.
-Brass no idea, i dont really like/use brass patches, but they sound cheecy on the M3.
-Hammond, well this is a very subjective but IMO my nord electro 3 organ sounds excellent, the korg tonewheel sounds nice too (but not as nice as clavias) but abit different, but the leslie on the korg sounded weird compared to clavia's but hey, im not a hammond player so what do i know, just my prefer clavia's leslie for my personal taste.

Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

spinoria wrote:
what about the future for the Kronos Korg ?

According to Irma the clairvoyant, the future of the Kronos lies ahead, unless you pivot the keyboard by 180 degrees, in which case it will be behind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: