Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spinoria

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg ? Reply with quote

Hi dear Korg !

Can we expect some more development for the Korg Kronos in the future?
More Piano libraries?
Hammond organ?
Sample libraries?
Synth engines?
New O.S functionality?

Best regards... / Spinoria
Novation Ultranova, Korg M3 73, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Korg Poly 800 MK2, Korg Kaossilator, Korg Trident MK1, Nord Electro 3, Kurzweil PC3X, Kurzweil K2500X, Virus TI 61 , Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000, Kurzweil K2500R, Yamaha SK20, Hammond C3+ Leslie R22, PC running Brainspawn Forte with EMU Soundcard + IK Multimedia Sampletank 2.0 + Sonik Synth + Miroslav Philharmonik, Logic Mainstage Smile
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course there will be more, with a big user base to come.

But what are you missing?
Isn't 12 Gb of content a good start for you, compared to some hundred MB on standard workskations today???
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Of course there will be more, with a big user base to come.

The only assumption I can make is to not make assumptions. There may be more, not of course there will be more.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about waiting that it's officially released and available for sale, first?
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People familiar with Korg products should know they never announce future product plans.

Given Korg's support of past keyboard products, I would expect 1 or 2 updates over a few years, providing some new functionality plus bug fixes.

As mentioned in other threads, I would recommend anyone buying ANY keyboard make the purchase decision on what comes in the box at the time of purchase, NOT about what might be added in the future.

If you have no expectations about future support, then any updates will be a bonus.
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
How about waiting that it's officially released and available for sale, first?

I got rumours that the Kronos could have been discountinued.

I know, I know, it's an old joke (it was first pronounced on jan 13th), but... it fit the thread
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Korg, can we expect people to get a life?
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
Dear Korg, can we expect people to get a life?

Hardly Smile A good effort, though Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

spinoria wrote:
Hi dear Korg !

More Piano libraries?
Hammond organ?
Sample libraries?
Synth engines?
New O.S functionality?

And so it begins all over again.....

Are you kidding - they haven't even released the thing yet and you're already looking for upgrades. I've read it all!
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

spinoria wrote:
Hi dear Korg !

More Piano libraries?
Hammond organ?
Sample libraries?
Synth engines?
New O.S functionality?

Shocked Rolling Eyes Face palm
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:

Are you kidding - they haven't even released the thing yet and you're already looking for upgrades. I've read it all!

Trust me, you haven't Smile Don't make me go Albert Einstein on you Smile Very Happy
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

spinoria wrote:
Hi dear Korg !

More Piano libraries?
Hammond organ?
Sample libraries?
Synth engines?
New O.S functionality?

Please...i want some of the $hit you smokin, or its not that, is it just natural?
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:
Kevin Nolan wrote:

Trust me, you haven't Smile Don't make me go Albert Einstein on you Smile Very Happy

If I understand you I hold my hands up - I've written plenty of crap on the OASYS forum for sure - no need to 'time warp' back to remind us!!!
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, people are so spoiled by Software and Softsynths. Hardware in the old days was so appreciated for exactly what initially shipped. The only thing users looked for, after owning a product, were additional patches shared by other users.

Current synths are so rich with features, it takes months / years to learn all the nuances. I think users would be amazed at what they could do with the hardware they own.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi dear Korg, what about the future for the Kronos Korg Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:

If I understand you I hold my hands up - I've written plenty of crap on the OASYS forum for sure - no need to 'time warp' back to remind us!!!

You did, but... Smile To infinity and beyondddd! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: