Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will the Kronos have the M3's Cue List feature?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How important is the Cue List function (as found in the M3) ?
It's essential and I might struggle to work without it.
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
It would be nice to have in the Kronos, but not essential.
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
I would rarely use it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I would never use it, so it's not important.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
What is Cue List anyway?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Will the Kronos have the M3's Cue List feature? Reply with quote

Hi - one important thing for me is to be able to build my master song, from an arrangement made up of smaller songs and have them play one after the other without any delay. This is called Cue List in my M3.
Do we know if the Kronos will also have a Cue List feature which operates the same way as the M3's Cue List function? As far as I know, the Oasys doesn't have this?
Thanks.

EDIT: Just added a pole 26th Jan 2011

Last edited by iixorbiusii on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Blazer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really good question. I'm glad you brought that up. I hope we get an answer soon.
biggrime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Will the Kronos have the M3's Cue List feature? Reply with quote

iixorbiusii wrote:
Hi - one important thing for me is to be able to build my master song, from an arrangement made up of smaller songs and have them play one after the other without any delay. This is called Cue List in my M3.
Do we know if the Kronos will also have a Cue List feature which operates the same way as the M3's Cue List function? As far as I know, the Oasys doesn't have this?
Thanks.

That would be very bad if they put no cue list on there. To be honest I will stay with my M3 and Korg Plug ins.

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
RichF

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to disappoint, but KRONOS does not have the Cue List feature.

EDIT: You can, however, recall Songs using slots within Set List mode.
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichF wrote:
You can, however, recall Songs using slots within Set List mode.

The set list is very interesting to me. Will it be able to trigger several short songs instantly and act as a virtual looper like the Kaossilator Pro? So we can freely switch between several songs instantly at any measure, without having to wait the song to finish.
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So set list acts in place of the cue list? I use cue list for every song I write, so some version of that is essential for me.
album cover
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgeinar wrote:
So set list acts in place of the cue list? I use cue list for every song I write, so some version of that is essential for me.

I believe Cue List is a bit different than what is state here.

Cue list is a collection of Parts of a song. Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge, Ending, etc... You can link parts of a song together seamlessly. Consistant flow in time. I don't think the Set List is going to be able to playback the different songs, or parts of a song without an audible gap between song triggers. And I don't think the Set List can play one song and automatically advance to the next song without interaction.

Still researching...

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should start a "who uses Cue List?" pole Wink
Cue List is an essential feature to me; as I write the verse, chorus, bridge etc I don't really have a feel for what the final piece of music will sound like, but Cue List gives me the ability to trial different arrangements.

We need something like Cue List, don't we, even if it has a different name Very Happy Maybe Rich will be able to advise if Set List works the same way...?

Last edited by iixorbiusii on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cue list is the soul of my composition technique. I literally do 10-15 sng files and string and restring them, stitching them together until i have a dynamic arrangement, then once I string them all together for good, i then add other programs which are not cue list based, but the whole germ ideas of the song parts begin as song files built up in the cue list, i don't even know how i would go about working on a verse and a chorus per se if they had to be all connected to begin with
album cover
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts here (and no offence meant to anyone!)

Perhaps....
The M3 is aimed at less skilled musicians / engineers; not exclusively but generally (like me!) so helpful tools like Cue List are required.

The OASYS was aimed at pro's, who either don't need Cue List because they are skilled enough to operate without it, or they have other tools at their disposal.

The KRONOS is essentially an OASYS II (so people are saying) but (in the US at least) its price point is aimed at the masses.

Therefore less rounded musicians / hobbyists and not just pro's will get access to the best-of-the-best... but will we find the absence of a Cue List function affecting our workflow?

It would be interesting to see further comments from M3 users who use Cue Lists all the time, and OASYS users who have never had it...
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iixorbiusii wrote:
It would be interesting to see further comments from M3 users who use Cue Lists all the time, and OASYS users who have never had it...

Well, OASYS users never used it because the feature wasn't available to them.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
RichF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's say you have multiple songs stored in a Set List. When you touch one, and pres the SEQUENCER START/STOP button, it will begin playing. Then, if you touch a new slot, the song that's currently playing will stop (and the effects, if any, will continue to sound uninterrupted), and you can press the SEQUENCER START/STOP button to start playing the newly selected song.

The Songs won't link automatically as they do in Cue List, but unlike Cue List, you can quickly re-order your set, with immediate access to Programs and Combis in the same view, should you need them.
gjvti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichF wrote:
Let's say you have multiple songs stored in a Set List. When you touch one, and pres the SEQUENCER START/STOP button, it will begin playing. Then, if you touch a new slot, the song that's currently playing will stop (and the effects, if any, will continue to sound uninterrupted), and you can press the SEQUENCER START/STOP button to start playing the newly selected song.

The Songs won't link automatically as they do in Cue List, but unlike Cue List, you can quickly re-order your set, with immediate access to Programs and Combis in the same view, should you need them.

Hm, this sounds interesting. And is it possible to switch set list item and start sequencer by sending sysex messages - that would probably introduce some way of automation?
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichF wrote:

Interesting, and by adding audiotracks to the sequencer you get a simple mediaplayer for live use

georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this does seem more like a live performance synth and not a studio workstation
album cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: