Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3x specs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicrazy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa3x have 128mb mb ram onboard for user pcm and can be expanded with exb-256mb for a total of 256Mb . this is on the specs on korg.uk .
Alesis vortex wireless
Ipad 4 with midi bridge
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of 8 channel FX:

Are these basically the same FX we had before, but we're going to have 8 of them available at the same time, or these are improved FX as well?

worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont know Sam but from the demos i have heard so far it dloesnt matter how many effects it has available. My ears tell me ......so far it sounds the same. Maybe the drums have some more airiness but that could just be down to more reverb in the styles.

I really wanted to get excited about the PA3X but so far i just cant.
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicrazy wrote:
pa3x have 128mb mb ram onboard for user pcm and can be expanded with exb-256mb for a total of 256Mb . this is on the specs on korg.uk .

Yes but, it has a sample compression 1:2 with no loss so, it doubles the memory to 512MB!!!

Rgards,
Dimitris
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
dont know Sam but from the demos i have heard so far it dloesnt matter how many effects it has available. My ears tell me ......so far it sounds the same. Maybe the drums have some more airiness but that could just be down to more reverb in the styles.

I really wanted to get excited about the PA3X but so far i just cant.

I know. I couldn't find anything about FX. It's not clear whether they're the same ones, or what.

I wish they stop demoing Harmonica and Violin. Why not play some lead , orchestral instrument, Saxes, choir... some world instruments, ...Some Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass...pads...Brass section...

shahab

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Assyrianpianist"]
worth wrote:
I wish they stop demoing Harmonica and Violin. Why not play some lead , orchestral instrument, Saxes, choir... some world instruments, ...Some Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass...pads...Brass section...

I tend to disagree with this; however, I'd also love to hear the other instruments you mentioned too for a judgement purpose.
The reason they demonstrate Violin and Harmonica is that Violin and Harmonica are one of the instruments that are really hard to get the natural sound of them due to their playing technics and frequency ranges; the other one is Whistle! These instruments are played in Alto and Low-Soprano range of frequencies where human's ears are so sensitive and picky. Cello is also similar to them in the playing technics; but because the frequency range is lower (Tenor and Low-Alto) human's ear will pick the vibration rather than resonance.
Instruments like Leads and other electrical's are generated out of electronic modules anyway; just the different effects and reverbs will give you a better quality outcome on top of the pure sound of the instrument. If you take out Compression/Reverb/Chorus effects from a Lead Guitar sound/program/combi you will realise it will sound just a s**t.

However, PA3/2/1 are purely arrangers and should not expect them to come with phenomenal sounds coz this will make the Synth's and Workstations look like a toy box then! I can't recall if any company manufactured a Perfect Complete keyboard at their time since ever; if they would, they would lose their market for their next productions at least for a while!!!
In saying that, company's always leave a few weak points in their product releases so people would combine two instruments to complete each other. Just look around and see how many thousands are like myself having a synth/workstation combined with an arranger!! If they would give those perfect sound generating options to arrangers, why would we spend thousands and benefit them???

This is just my opinion and not necessarily 100% correct though Wink
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="shahab"]
Assyrianpianist wrote:
worth wrote:

I tend to disagree with this; however, I'd also love to hear the other instruments you mentioned too for a judgement purpose.
The reason they demonstrate Violin and Harmonica is that Violin and Harmonica are one of the instruments that are really hard to get the natural sound of them due to their playing technics and frequency ranges; the other one is Whistle! These instruments are played in Alto and Low-Soprano range of frequencies where human's ears are so sensitive and picky. Cello is also similar to them in the playing technics; but because the frequency range is lower (Tenor and Low-Alto) human's ear will pick the vibration rather than resonance.
Instruments like Leads and other electrical's are generated out of electronic modules anyway; just the different effects and reverbs will give you a better quality outcome on top of the pure sound of the instrument. If you take out Compression/Reverb/Chorus effects from a Lead Guitar sound/program/combi you will realise it will sound just a s**t.

However, PA3/2/1 are purely arrangers and should not expect them to come with phenomenal sounds coz this will make the Synth's and Workstations look like a toy box then! I can't recall if any company manufactured a Perfect Complete keyboard at their time since ever; if they would, they would lose their market for their next productions at least for a while!!!
In saying that, company's always leave a few weak points in their product releases so people would combine two instruments to complete each other. Just look around and see how many thousands are like myself having a synth/workstation combined with an arranger!! If they would give those perfect sound generating options to arrangers, why would we spend thousands and benefit them???

This is just my opinion and not necessarily 100% correct though Wink

Not so fast my friend. There's whole bunch of instruments out there that share the same frequencies that fall in the most sensitive hearing range. By no means, sampling a flute is any easier than sampling a Violin..etc . Most instruments share the same Musical range for the most part.
In fact , sampling standard classical String instrument has proved to be easier than sampling Guitars and Saxes. There's a lot of great String sample library out there that could totally fool you ear. Even a top notch studio like "Hans Zimmer" uses sample libraries for wind and string instrument in combination with real orchestra to keep the cost down, and only a few could notice that anyways. now, you show me a Great Saxophone or Guitar library that could do that? There's many libraries but none are good enough. You still have to spend 100 hours to get a little passage sound right. You might as well just pay someone to play the track for you.

"Instruments like Leads and other electrical's are generated out of electronic modules anyway; just the different effects and reverbs will give you a better quality outcome on top of the pure sound of the instrument. If you take out Compression/Reverb/Chorus effects from a Lead Guitar sound/program/combi you will realise it will sound just a s**t. "

Not so sure what this paragraph wanted to prove. well, if you take the room/body resonance and effect of any instrument and listen to the pure tone of it, it'll sound like s**t!!! If you take overtones and harmonics from any note produced by any instrument, you'll only end up with a sine wave! Common sense.

Your response was sort of irrelevent to the subject you posted your response to.

As of now, Violin and Harmonica get pushed in every freaking demo I've seen so far. That's what I got tired listening to. I'd like to hear what they've done with the rest of the standard instruments everybody uses.
Electrical or not, Lead sounds are just that. They Lead and need to stand out and do their magic. If you listen to a cheap keybaord , the lead sounds are going to sound like crap. That's not what we want from a $4000 keyboard. We want to hear them.

At the end of the day, no body will care about the sound synthesis theory. People would want to listen to the instrument. Either it meets their requirements/expectations or it doesn't.

By the way, i said they need to stop playing violin and harmonica in other demo videos, ..i didn't say they need to stop making harmonica or violin sounds.

a.schemkes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture of new MAXX EQ.

a.schemkes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture of new MAXX MASTERING SUITE

a.schemkes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture of new voice processot

a.schemkes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture of 3? MASTER FX

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Where do you get the screen shots from?

Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
Nice! Where do you get the screen shots from?

from the spanish korg site.

regards,
Ronny
the_boss81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

i ask by TC Helicon - the vocalist in Pa3 ist very good - based on VL2 - the same algorithms, but not the same engine - so the harmonies are not exactly so good like VL2 Confused but stil very ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: