Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3x specs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: PA3x specs Reply with quote

Does anyone have a link to the exact specs of the PA3x and preferably a comparison sheet between PA2x and PA3x?
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korg.co.uk/products/professional_arranger/pa3x/pa_pa3x.php#prodFeatures

or

http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=592

so far
a.schemkes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading THE specs, i guess THE biggest improv. are THE 8 FX.
steve350

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a built in CD or DVD player?
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve350 wrote:
Is there a built in CD or DVD player?

Hi Steve, nothing in the specs to say so and most unlikely anyhow. Rolling Eyes
cminor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve....
it's USB generation man Laughing
you can add usb-stick , usb-hard drive, AND usb-DVDRW to record audio-cd Wink
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will also note the user sample RAM has NOT increased. Still a max of 256, and STILL forcing users to buy the stupidly expensive EXB-M256..

This PA3 seems to be the addition of stuff most users will not use... I mean who will REALLY use a vocal canceller???

No change to how styles are organised, still no way to preview before loading up banks of styles you probably won't use.

Still no extra footpedal jack, forcing people to buy the EC5

Assignable switches so far out of the way to make them essentially unuasable whilst actually PLAYING the keyboard...

Unless James or Frank (who are at NAMM) can come up with something from their hands-on experience, it's a big BIG thumbs down on the PA3 for me!!!
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:
You will also note the user sample RAM has NOT increased. Still a max of 256, and STILL forcing users to buy the stupidly expensive EXB-M256..

This PA3 seems to be the addition of stuff most users will not use... I mean who will REALLY use a vocal canceller???

No change to how styles are organised, still no way to preview before loading up banks of styles you probably won't use.

Assignable switches so far out of the way to make them essentially unuasable whilst actually PLAYING the keyboard...

Unless James or Frank (who are at NAMM) can come up with something from their hands-on experience, it's a big BIG thumbs down on the PA3 for me!!!

Can't say I disagree with your points Dennis. Some very nice new features like the Vocal Harmony and the new 'Waves' EQ System, extra fills on the styles which would appeal to me as a singer and style player and some nice sounds but if I had to Buy on that alone, I don't know, not until I can see if the benefits outweigh the minus points. Confused
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
miden wrote:

Can't say I disagree with your points Dennis. Some very nice new features like the Vocal Harmony and the new 'Waves' EQ System, extra fills on the styles which would appeal to me as a singer and style player and some nice sounds but if I had to Buy on that alone, I don't know, not until I can see if the benefits outweigh the minus points. Confused

Werent we all wayting/hoping for some real upgrade...

I personally was hoping for a new style engine bringing Korg styles back on top of my list (dont think pa3x styles can compete with audya styles).

Or a really new advanced sound engine rivalling or improving uppon Yamahas SA technollogies.

No, its just minor upgrades, nothing really fancy, wouldnt advice people to upgrade from a Pa2x,, but upgrading from a pa1x could be worthwile.
i think korg is lucky yamaha doesnt sell a76 key version of t4.

Personally i think that having a kronos with an audya 4 might be the best way to go if you want that awesome korg solo sounds along with the best styles.
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

No, its just minor upgrades, nothing really fancy, wouldnt advice people to upgrade from a Pa2x,, but upgrading from a pa1x could be worthwile.
i think korg is lucky yamaha doesnt sell a76 key version of t4.

Ain't that the truth!!
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Werent we all wayting/hoping for some real upgrade...

Yes indeed we were. To be honest, for me there are more Minus points than positive points and for me to Buy this, the sounds had better blow my socks off.

Sad
Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What , are you guys kidding me? Confused
I just sold my keyboard in the thought that the ram had increased to 512 which i need.
I have always said "why do people complain" about a new product, but this takes it all. And now I dont have a Korgie anymore Sad
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronny, I'm sorry that you just sold your pa2x. It will probably be around May before you can get hold of a pa3x - according to the last Demo .

I know it sounds like a lot of negativity but the points raised are totally valid and I personally am very disappointed in the points raised so far by both Dennis and myself. I would have honestly thought that we would have had a new OS with the things we asked for in the Survey done by Korg a year ago and pa3x has been in development for 3 years. Instead we have Gimmicks that playing musicians don't need like mp3-G and a vocal remover...Not all bad I hasten to say, the new EQ 'Waves' looks excellent, more new styles and extra fills and new VH are all great to me as those are the things that I would use all the time. I only hope that the 'new' sounds don't disappoint!
Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
Hi Ronny, I'm sorry that you just sold your pa2x. It will probably be around May before you can get hold of a pa3x - according to the last Demo .

I know it sounds like a lot of negativity but the points raised are totally valid and I personally am very disappointed in the points raised so far by both Dennis and myself. I would have honestly thought that we would have had a new OS with the things we asked for in the Survey done by Korg a year ago and pa3x has been in development for 3 years. Instead we have Gimmicks that playing musicians don't need like mp3-G and a vocal remover...Not all bad I hasten to say, the new EQ 'Waves' looks excellent, more new styles and extra fills and new VH are all great to me as those are the things that I would use all the time. I only hope that the 'new' sounds don't disappoint!

You are right, thank you mr! Very Happy
I think we shouldn't be negative, YET! But wait and see until the demoes are official out? Smile
Well if i remember right, trammamoni (not sure if i spelled the name right) promised that we will NOT be unsatisfied with this new product, we'll just have to wait and see Smile
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First...YES..be patient as the sound is important isn't it...MAYBE this thing sounds absolutely fantastic.
Also...Unless I'm mistaken you can not record audio to a USB attached CD/DVD writer on the PA2 or PA3. It takes a driver/program to do it...because it does not write files lke to a USB thumb drive...it writes the whole disk at once...you need specal code/HW to do that....not on the PA.

Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: