Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ims20 - envelope generator 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthieu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: ims20 - envelope generator 1 Reply with quote

hello !

can't seem to figure how to activate / use the envelope generator 1 ?
is that done through patches only ?
or .... ?
when i turn the knobs they don't do anything !!!

any pointers would be appreciated !

thanks
Matthieu
robotunes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after you set EG1, turn the knobs labeled EG1/EXT. you'll find those knobs in the Frequency Modululation section (use EG1 as a pitch envelope), the Cutoff Frequency Modulation section under the high-pass filter (to use EG1 to modulate the high-pass filter's cutoff) and the Cutoff Frequency Modulation section under the low-pass filter (to use the EG1 to modulate the low-pass filter's cutoff)

the other knobs in those sections are very useful too. try patching something into TOTAL (on the patch bay, it's the input at the upper left), then use the MG/T. EXT knobs to determine how much modulation goes to the pitch and filters.

in the patchbay, look for a semi circle -- or arch -- on the lower right part of the diagram. that represents the mod wheel. connect that output to the TOTAL input. turn the MG/T. EXT knob to determine how much your MOD WHEEL will affect pitch or the high-pass filter or the low-pass filter.

hope you've learned how to use the sequencer to modify these inputs too. seriously wacky goodness!
matthieu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok !

thanks for the reply !!!
i tried real quick yesterday night ... but even though i noticed some changes in the sound ... i couldn't quite grasp what each control was doing !!!

i'll try some more tonight and report back with some questions ... or success !!!

matthieu
matthieu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok !!!
i was probably tired yesterday night !!!
i got i now !

on a side note, my cutoff frequency for the low pass filter was stuck to zero ... you could tweak but as soon as you left it alone it was going back right away ...
i rebooted the ipad and this went away ... a bug in the midi implementation possibly ?!!!

thanks again !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: