Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question to current SV-1 users

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ciey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: question to current SV-1 users Reply with quote

Hi, I want to add Korg SV-1 73 to my rig. Currently I am using Doepfer master keyboard with Muse Recoetor but need to have trustworthy keyboard especially for live gigs. I really like SV-1 sound, interface and vintage design but have seen also few posts concerning keyboard problems, output issues and failing tubes.
I want to ask current SV-1 users if you can recommend that keyboard for very hard live use.
manjeroque

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh) hello, collegue-SV-1-wisher Very Happy

just want to share my fears about SV-1 keybed and here is my quote from M50 forum:
Quote:
wow) sorry to confess, but now, when i got some cash for sv-1, i'm confused with these topics in SV-1 Forum about clicking keybed with big gaps Confused
so i guess it's better to pass by RH3 keybed and get something else)
but really it was a great deal and maybe there is a chance to get SV-1 with a flawless keybed)
cos in my country SV1 costs about 2300$ and Roland RD-300GX costs 2100$! and it's the best alternative i see for these money Sad

but really here are only about 5 users with such problem and i guess they came here, cos they got it) if it was common worldwide, more people should come here to discuss it (i guess things happen that way Rolling Eyes)

but i see here and there topics about issues with different korg gear and i begin to doubt about korg quality)
i wonder if these issues are the reason korg made a price cut from 3000$ to 2200$)

so would you mind if i will ask users to name some alternatives? Wink
added: found Kurzweil SP3X for 1400$!!! Very Happy

.....in December 2010 i got Kurzweil PC3x for 2400$ and happy very much Rolling Eyes for me it turned a better choice)

Last edited by manjeroque on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
vantheman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let the key-problem scare you off. That comes from someone (me) that might even have one or two keys with the clicking noise. The damn thing is just so fun to play that it hasn't bothered me much I guess:) but I will take it to the dealer if I actually do have that problem.

Soundwise:
I yet haven't heard any better EP's than those in the sv1. Personally, It doesnt bother me if they dont sound exactly like a real EP, as long as it sounds real/non-digital which the sv1 does a marvelous job of doing.

Remember there's a soundpack 2 for the sv1 which has some darker (less bell-tone) EP if you prefer that.
And the AP' sounds fabelous. Incredible how it's possible to make'em sound so real.

I'm curious how the sv1 sounds thru 2x amps or something, because I think it would add that nice fat/barky sound a real EP has.

But please... go try a few boards for yourself and see what fits your taste.
ferrarifred

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having played lot's of great keyboards over the years from Nord, Kurzweil, Yamaha, Roland and Korg, I can say that the SV-1 has some of the best sounds available on any vintage piano at moment. Combined with a great keyboard action on both the 73 and 88 key versions, it is such a playable instrument. My personal favourites are the electric pianos and wurlitzer samples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: