Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPLIT SOUNDS - QUESTION...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EthanS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: SPLIT SOUNDS - QUESTION... Reply with quote

FIRST OF ALL -
HAVING THE SPLIT ON THE SV-1 - SUDDENLY THINGS ARE RIGHT IN THE WORLD. USED IT LIVE FOR A GIG WHERE I HAD TO PLAY LEFT HAND BASS.

HERE'S THE BIG QUESTION:
IS THERE A WAY TO PUT OUR FAVORITE PIANO, ORGAN, OR ELECTRIC PIANO SOUND WITH THE BASS SPLIT?
CAN WE SWAP THE RIGHT PART OF THE KEYBOARD WITH OUR CHOICE OF PATCHES, WHILE KEEPING THE LEFT HAND BASS??

MIX AND MATCHING SPLIT SOUNDS ON THE SV-1??

NOW THAT WOULD BE THE BEST !

ETHAN
mackbaz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: SPLIT SOUNDS - QUESTION... Reply with quote

EthanS wrote:
FIRST OF ALL -
HAVING THE SPLIT ON THE SV-1 - SUDDENLY THINGS ARE RIGHT IN THE WORLD. USED IT LIVE FOR A GIG WHERE I HAD TO PLAY LEFT HAND BASS.

HERE'S THE BIG QUESTION:
IS THERE A WAY TO PUT OUR FAVORITE PIANO, ORGAN, OR ELECTRIC PIANO SOUND WITH THE BASS SPLIT?
CAN WE SWAP THE RIGHT PART OF THE KEYBOARD WITH OUR CHOICE OF PATCHES, WHILE KEEPING THE LEFT HAND BASS??

MIX AND MATCHING SPLIT SOUNDS ON THE SV-1??

NOW THAT WOULD BE THE BEST !

ETHAN

Not right now we can't, but it would be sweet. Doesn't seem like it would take much to ad the feature to the editor.
Siriosys

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I just wrote out a post asking your exact question!!! I shoulda read further down the list of posts........Doh!

Anyway, it's definitely a great idea and I'd be very keen to see something like this implemented.

When I got my SV1 it was one of the first things I looked for - I play bass with my left hand and use the right for keyboard/organ etc etc. I use my RD700SX for additional Piano and Bass sounds at the moment, but the Rd's a monster to carry around!

.....actually, the Roland RDxx series Pianos do splitting and layering almost perfectly.......shame they don't look as cool as the SV1 though!
MBPro
flyingace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping for more split options in the future too. I have requests for songs like David Foster's St. Elmos Theme from time to time and would love to have strings on the lower end and piano on the upper!
Joni

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: problems with the loading OS for the split sounds Reply with quote

For some reason my split sounds are not working well. I have installed the Editor and the USB MIDI Driver tools and I also have downloaded the sound pack 2 that includes some split sounds. All the sounds are working good but with the split sound I can hear just one of the sounds. I read the the PDF "Loading OS" that comes with the soundpack2 and I followed the instructions but during the step 4 ("Press the FAVORITE 1 button, and it will start flashing. After a delay (30 seconds or more), the “KORG USER” drive unit should appear on the desktop of your computer. This is the area of the internal memory reserved to system updates inside your SV-1") no "KORG USER" drive appears on my PC screen...

Anyone could help me please!!
Joni

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have already found a topic for this issue.
Thanks anyway!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: