Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OS v1.2 Favorites bug

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biffo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: OS v1.2 Favorites bug Reply with quote

Is there any news on a patch to the 1.2 operating system to correct the favorites bug? Setting a new favorite worked fine with OS v1.1 favorites but now it is impossible to overwrite them from the SV-1 keyboard. Bummer! Sad
jlcasa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same issue here ! I hope it will be quickly solve…
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested and had no problem writing a Favorite... with SP#2 loaded I rewrote Favorite 5 with a Clav sound... all from the front panel of the unit. Please describe what you are doing/experiencing so we can help you.

Regards,

Jerry
velour100

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
I just tested and had no problem writing a Favorite... with SP#2 loaded I rewrote Favorite 5 with a Clav sound... all from the front panel of the unit. Please describe what you are doing/experiencing so we can help you.

Regards,

Jerry

If you do it that way, you don't have the problem. If you replace a sound from the Soundpack (i.e. a warm Grand that original has the number 1.2) and replace it in the Korg on 1.5 you will get the problem.

If you look up the sound via the frontpanel, there is no problem. The frontpanel will light up on 1.5, exactly the place where you have saved it.

But if you save it to a Favorite, you will see that the original position (that you can find IN the sound pack) wil light up on the frontpanel (1.2 instead of 1.5)

But this is not a problem since OS 1.2 I have experienced it already with OS 1.1.

I hope you understand what I meant, because my English is not that good Wink

Greetz from the Netherlands.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

velour100 wrote:
jerrythek wrote:

Regards,

Jerry

If you do it that way, you don't have the problem. If you replace a sound from the Soundpack (i.e. a warm Grand that original has the number 1.2) and replace it in the Korg on 1.5 you will get the problem.

If you look up the sound via the frontpanel, there is no problem. The frontpanel will light up on 1.5, exactly the place where you have saved it.

But if you save it to a Favorite, you will see that the original position (that you can find IN the sound pack) wil light up on the frontpanel (1.2 instead of 1.5)

But this is not a problem since OS 1.2 I have experienced it already with OS 1.1.

I hope you understand what I meant, because my English is not that good Wink

Greetz from the Netherlands.

Jerry I think this is what I was describing in another thread. When selecting a favorite loaded with a particular sound it doesn't always reflect the bank it was loaded from (IE. favorite based on 1.5 lights up 1.2 when selected)
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I see that now. And so it relates to the answer given in the other thread. But when saying "it is impossible to write..." I got confused.

You can write/save any sounds, anywhere you want. But you must accept (at least for now) that the two knob indicators may not have a meaningful reference for you when putting sounds in the Favorites. But you do get the sound you want/need.

Think of it this way... using the Editor you can also completely rewrite the OTHER bank, if you don't need those sounds and want to add more EPs, or pianos, for example. Once you've done that the name of the Category will not have any meaning, but YOU chose to do it and you know what you did. Right?

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jerry
biffo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see below

Last edited by biffo on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
biffo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: OS v1.2 Favorites bug Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry. First of all my apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I’ve been otherwise engaged for the past ten days or so. After going back and testing storing favorites on my SV-1, I can now see that the required sounds are in fact stored in the favorites registers and am no longer confused by the erroneous lights on the front panel sound knobs which made me think that it was either refusing to store the favourite or storing something else. I understand that there is this persistence in the favourite referencing back to the original sound locations. This knowledge is helpful, but the question in my post was how soon this rather whimsical situation is going be sorted out. After carefully developing a set of 36 sounds using the editor and uploading these I find it irritating that these references are not reflected on the front panel sound knobs when a favourite button is pressed. I really like my SV-1 and really appreciate the thought and ingenuity that has gone into producing such fine sounds but as has been said in another thread this glitch does cast doubts on the thoroughness of the testing of the software before release (it would surely have been thrown up on any reasonable beta testing) and, at v1.2 of the operating system, the priority given to the resolution of any problems that arise.
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biffo, try this:

Call up one of your Favourites that points to the "wrong" front panel knob. What "type" of sound is it - grand piano, Rhodes, etc.?

Now, using the front panel knobs, move them both away and back again to the same location that they are pointing to in the Favourite. In other words, re-select the two front panel knobs marked Sound. What do you hear? Is it the same "type" of sound?

biffo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jg:: wrote:
Biffo, try this:

Call up one of your Favourites that points to the "wrong" front panel knob. What "type" of sound is it - grand piano, Rhodes, etc.?

Now, using the front panel knobs, move them both away and back again to the same location that they are pointing to in the Favourite. In other words, re-select the two front panel knobs marked Sound. What do you hear? Is it the same "type" of sound?

G'day jg,

Yes, it may not be the same sound but it is the same type GP, Organ etc. But I think I would expect this from the nature of the bug. Isn't the OS or whatever trying to make a link with a similar sound in the same set. For example I have retained the sound Synthetic Brass from sound pack 1 and stored this at 'Other 3' (PC 33) and made it my Favorites 8. When I select Favorites 8 I get the right Synthetic Brass sound but the button lights reference 'Other 5' (PC 35) because that's where this sound was originally stored in the first version of the OS. Obviously a work-around would be to use the editor to store your favorite sounds in the locations the buttons are determined to point to, that is if you are prepared to take the time to do this every time you change a favorite.

Last edited by biffo on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Narfig

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure this is a bug? The Favourites give you an extra 8 program/sample locations independent of the sound knobs (which is cool). The sound knobs are just showing you where the favourite sample would be loaded.

Any hoo... Doesn't offend me personally. I'd rather they tweaked the amp models to make them more useable. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: