Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using EQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S0C9
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,
I have this copied over and now available in PDF file format (thanks bear!!), so it can go in the d/loads section if Sharp will do us the kindness!!

Let me know, and I'll email it over !!
Regards,
Steve
beanstalk40
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much sir! This is very very useful information... and for a novice like me, awesome! Smile

Thanks

Bean
RINGO
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sioux wrote:
Thanks Bear. This is very handy. I've read several things like this and actually refer to them when I'm mixing. Can you tell us where you got this info from?

Thanks,
Sioux

All that information above came from Tutorial 33 "CM guide to EQ" It's all on page 2. Rolling Eyes

Here's the link to the source of the information above.
http://www.computermusic.co.uk/tutorial/eq/1.asp

Also, the same information that is posted in this tread, is in a tread at FutureProducers. Wink

Here's the link to the tread, it's 10 pages long. http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=d9a879d3a0b26f8996fe06a942c28358&threadid=29861&highlight=eq

Read through this thread and you'll find everything there, and more. Cool

Peace.

RINGO
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well Mr. Webb,

For your Information, I have around 4 Gig Textfiles dealing with with EQ only.

Now, my entire Info base on mixing and mastering exceeds 15 Gig Text in total as of today.

It is a collection from more than 7 years. Some of it is copied from the web, some of it is scanned from books, some of it is written by me, some of it is from SAE, some of it is from University of Cologne, and some of it is from various Professors in musik and musiktheory, as well as mastering engineers I work with in the USA, UK and Germany I exchange letters with weekly.

If you should ever come to Ireland just pop in and I burn you a few DVD's from it, you may print and use them as a background for your photography, I am sure you would not have a copyright problem Mr Webb.

Now, have a productive day in Brooklyn. Laughing
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in addition....

I usually go through considerable efforts and time to contribute useful postings that people can utilize right way, particulary in this mix&mastering section!

I think this must have been one of your first if not the very first post here since this section is opened.

I can not possibly tell you from where and what all this information that I have in my SQL-DB and which I use daily in my work is originated, except when I have scans from books, and I dont think I ever posted such here.

But if you feel you that you gain satisfaction of investigating and finding the sources of the knowledge that I provide here in this section in particular, feel free to do so. Alternatively I could send you my SQL-DB and you could start adding from where and what you are able to find origins, how about that?
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy tigers !

Please don't forget to provide attribution for anything quoted from other sources, especially magazines. The reason I mention it, is only because of the legal implications for this site ... I certainly don't want to curtail the thoughtful passing on of extremely useful information.

Thank you,

Darren.

Last edited by Daz on Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s.

If you spot a quote missing attribution please contact a moderator ... we don't get paid a big fat salary to just do nothing all day Wink

Thanks.

Daz.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I have around 15 Gigs of docu on audio/midi in my personal knowldge management collection.

No I did not add a "source flag" to every single document just In case I may post something out of my collection. And I dont see a need to post the sources other than from books or publications that have copyrights in them, this I most certainly would.

But threads for example that are posted on public boards or private conversation etc. etc. do not require such in my understanding as long as there is no one getting anal about his intellectual property.

And btw. the mentioned CM is not on my bookmarks and I dont read it anyways. So I suppoe the other link could have been the source, but I am not too sure about this.

I do some datamining and have a software that bots his way around the Internet and searches for specific parameters and feeds me back, some sort of audioengineer datamining so to speak.

I do not remember to have posted anything ever that would require attribution for given legal implications and I tried to provide and share useful stuff here, however, I will not use my own database for further posting here.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But threads for example that are posted on public boards or private conversation etc. etc. do not require such in my understanding as long as there is no one getting anal about his intellectual property.

You're right, the Future Producers forum is evidently not as anal as me about such things Wink There's no easy answer to that one ...

Quote:
No I did not add a "source flag" to every single document...

Speaking as a software engineer, I'd be tempted to add such a thing as it would help to stop the bot from finding the same thing twice on successive scans or to detect updates to original source material.

Daz.
sdel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent reference...

sdel
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is the first day I got up the nerve to investigate the chats in Mastering and Mixing and I must say I am just a whole bunch intimidated by the whole thing. I have nothing but a Triton Studio and I thought (foolishly) that I had great control over my finished product. I do music as a hobby and have been playing something or other since I was six, let's just say a very long time. I have been paying more attention to the final mix from my TS though lately, playing the same song on different devices, at different volumes. My old analog songs from the 80's only sounded good at full volume and then the muddiness was so bad it was hard to get into. Thanks for this post. I will take my mixes more seriously now. Maybe I should buy some software for my computer that will help me to master the finished thing better. I'll read more of these posts. I'm sure there's more great tips here. Thanks guys.
album cover
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear posted this around the time (Nov. 2003) that I was doing mixdowns on my CD. I have no idea how many times I referred to that message (which I printed) during that time.
I understand, about giving credit where it's due, but not once did I think about where that information originated from.
I was just damn glad to have it!
I have knowledge that I've acquired over the years, and I freely share it with anyone who needs it. I would hate to have to try and attribute everything, that would stifle it completely. Too much trouble! Not worth the effort, just to help someone out!
That would be good, right!
("Let's see where did I read that? who wrote that article? screw it I have no clue!")
Let them find their own freakin information!
How's that sound?
Thanks again Bear.
Regards.
Stephen
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
JohnnyAardvark
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, this info looks very useful!

I've printed it off and definitely have loads of work to do! Just holding off until I get myself my monitors! About time I replaced my "Ghetto Blaster"

Then, back to listening to my tunes on everything I can get my hands on!

Steve
campbell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
I can see I'm going to have a great time here:)
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUTSTANDING QUALITY:

http://www.sonalksis.com/index.php?section_id=101
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: