Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help in Designing University Music Program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Song writing - Lyrics & Collaboration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lehighsmp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Need Help in Designing University Music Program Reply with quote

I’m a senior mechanical engineer at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA. Currently, I am studying with a team to develop a new musical interface where people can collaborate together while simultaneously create music. The “company” I’m helping is for a graduate student, so this inquiry isn’t for advertising or spam, but simply for feedback.

The purpose of the product is to allow musicians in different geographical locations to design a musical piece together in real time. The stage that this project is at right now is still underdeveloped with a very basic alpha that is subject to change. Now, my group wants to conduct market research to the online community to find what types of attributes that they are looking for in a music creation device.

The product is a lot like IndabaMusic.com, except the pieces will be recorded as they are manipulated, instead of being pre-set. So, say if you have a guitar on your couch, and there is a bassist out there, you can come together and record in real-time to make anything from a jam session recording to a polished product. All of the tracks will be kept on a cloud storage system and use Macromedia Flash, so as long as a person has internet access, they will be able to use the site, regardless of operating system / browser. Also, the majority of the functions and effects of the application are going to be free, so the evolution of music is really the purpose of this project.

Now, I’m asking you guys to help me out with your opinion. If you so desire, you can fill out a Google survey I created describing the experiences you’ve had with music. What things are you looking for in the next level of music generation? If you feel even more compelled, you can post questions or advice (please no flaming) about the product.
[url]
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dE9hX3ZCQ0JWaWNxTzdUMUpmb2dNWFE6MQ[/url]

Thank you,

Lehigh University's Social Music Project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Song writing - Lyrics & Collaboration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: