Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the Korgotron!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
platypus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: In the Korgotron! Reply with quote

Hello fellow Korgles,

A quick introduction. The more I explore synthesizers, the more I love 'em. My main rig for now is a Korg Radias and a Nord Stage 88. Enough, I think, to get some great practice on creating sounds and all things SYNTHESIS as well as some weighted keys for traditional playing and technique. FUN STUFF.

My major downfall is that the more I see, the more I want to buy since not all synths are created equal. My wallet is a starving fold of leather for sure.

Talk to you guys later!

platypus
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: In the Korgotron! Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the forum.

platypus wrote:
the more I see, the more I want to buy since not all synths are created equal.

And also... welcome to the never-ending search. Laughing
Vesa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-Sus

patch nerds will never stop buying expnsions...

If they are musical, a band picks them up...and thats it.
Roland JV-1010 / Triton-Rack 96MB / Trinity Plus PBS-TRI / Yamaha MOTIF6 64MB / Roland Fantom-XR 512MB / Yamaha MOXF6 1GB / Roland XV-3080 / Roland FANTOM-06 / Yamaha MODX6+ / E-mu Proteus 2000 / Roland XV-5080 128MB / Kross 1 / Kross 2
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the RADIAS and still want more, then you haven't explored it fully enough. Sure, it doesn't do everything, and some things maybe in not enough detail, but it is very deep and complex, many people think of it as just a 'virtual analog' but it covers a LOT more than just that. I use the Radias with a KARMA workstation, and the only thing I really want at the moment is another Radias! Wink

And maybe a sampler...
And a nord modular,
Possibly an 88 key controller,
And the OASYS.

Okay, I get your point now!

Welcome to the forum.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
platypus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha X-trade, and thanks for the welcome.

And vesa, what I really mean when "I want this and that" are all the different synthesis options various synthesizers and modules can give. Yes, I realize the radias is a WEALTH of possibilities, but it still can't do it all (and I by no means claim to have the radias fully figured out at this time). If it did, I wouldn't need anything else.

I do want to hit the additive synthesis at some point, but the only one I know that really excels at it is the Kawai K5000(s)...and that thing has gone vintage.

Softsynths provide different possibilities than hardsynths, and then you can run audio lines through for those that support that feature...there's just so much to freakin' learn!

And then there's the world of modular...now I'm drooling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: