Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating OS to 1.1 problem...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CommonGuy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Updating OS to 1.1 problem... Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to update the SV-1 OS to 1.1.
I'm currently using windows 7 pro 64 bit.

In summary, the problem was that I can't simply copy to sv1.
I've installed the USB-MIDI driver for it, sv-1 editor seems to be able to recognized it.

I Followed the instructions in the update OS manual, it is simply upto instructions no. 5, copy sv1.pkg that I'm stumbled. Basically, when I tried to copy, it just freezes in the copying...

Also, the sv1 recognized as another HDD in my laptop, ( Local Disk E: ), rather "KORG USER" in the manual.

Any help would be really great...

~ CG
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also got the editor happening fully in win7, no issues at all.

I seem to remember an initial hiccup to yours when doing the upgrade. But I sorted it out somehow, sorry that I can't remember how, but it magically worked when I re-read the instructions.

It doesn't matter if your laptop names the SV1 something else - just try using that.

jg::
CommonGuy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've solved this problem. I don't really know how, but I connected my SV1 to Ubuntu 10.04. Once I've done that, everything just went smoothly just like in the manual.

Just for reference in case anyone have the same problem.

Cheers,

~ CG
metanoiastudios

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having more or less the same issue. First, it took FOREVER to even open the "Korg User" drive. Secondly, it's been "copying" the file for over an hour, and it's still not done. This is the SECOND keyboard I've had this issue with. What in the world is making it happen? no one has been able to give me an answer, and at this point I am quite ready to give up on this unit.

UPDATE: I was able to get the unit to work on an older computer. Still, it seems that I'm not the only person under Windows 7 64BIT that is having this issue. Hopefully Korg will address this soon.
davidt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, too!

I have Windows 7, 64bit home premium. At step 4 a driver was loaded on my PC and a G:\drive appeared without the KORG USER name. Windows File Explorer hung after that and I had to kill it. never got step 5 to work.

Thanks for the tip about Ubuntu 10.4. I switched off the sv1 and repeated the procedure on a netbook with Ubuntu Desktop and it worked perfectly.

Perhaps my old XP laptop would have worked too, but fortunately I didn't need it.

Great forum. Thanks,

David
Day 1 on the SV1-73 Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: