Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New M50 v1.1..Wheres COMBI Banks E & G
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightOrchid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: New M50 v1.1..Wheres COMBI Banks E & G Reply with quote

Hi all

I bought myself a new M50-61 yesterday and Im absolutely loving its simplicity and ease of use.

When I was exploring it, I noticed that I cannot access COMBI banks E & G. Is there a reason for this. I noticed that Bank D is for User Combi's, but seems strange that they didnt give us access to E & G.

Have these been set aside for use with M50 KARMA or New sounds or, like my M3 can I unlock them, reconfigure them in Global mode.

Even though Ive only had this for 24hours, I think the M50 gives the M3 a real challenge. The M50s remixed "Arpeggiated" M3 voices and combis seem alot more fluid and seem to hang better than they do with KARMA2, which can sometimes feel a bit disjointed.

I think if they'd fitted the fully semi-weighted aftertouch M3 keyboard, the M50 might of just knocked the M3 out, but thats my opinion.

Thanks all
Night

Gear:
Korg M3-61, Korg M50-61, Yamaha RY8, SONAR Producer 8, Auzen X-Fi Prelude
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it will knock M3's socks out...lollllllzzzzz...anything better to say?
NightOrchid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps an answer to my question..

Is the lack of access to banks E & G in Combi mode supposed to work that way. Just want to know my M50 is ok and not faulty.

Can they be unlocked either through Global or Combi mode

Cheers
Night

Gear:
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only 4 combi banks: A, B, C and D.
NightOrchid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BillW, Much appreciated Smile. Maybe KORG wil unlock Bank E & G at a later date.

Cheers
Night

Gear:
jacke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightOrchid wrote:
Thanks BillW, Much appreciated Smile. Maybe KORG wil unlock Bank E & G at a later date.

When you look at the button layout for bank choice, you will see the line stretching from Combi bank only extend to bank D. That should make it pretty clear that that's where it's at and it probably won't change.
NightOrchid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacke wrote:

When you look at the button layout for bank choice, you will see the line stretching from Combi bank only extend to bank D. That should make it pretty clear that that's where it's at and it probably won't change.

I must be honest, I didnt notice that really obvios right panel print, doh Smile

Thanks jacke
Night

Gear:
Rishat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion is get and SD card, load the sample of M3 and keep it inside your M50 forever.. It will increase your sound banks tough the sounds are not that easy to use as you do with program and combi but if you like some you can load it to user area. There are some awesome patches in it..!! Its worth Wink
Photo Gear: Canon EOS 60D

::Life is short, live with KORG::
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dekturrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rishat wrote:
My suggestion is get and SD card, load the sample of M3 and keep it inside your M50 forever.. It will increase your sound banks tough the sounds are not that easy to use as you do with program and combi but if you like some you can load it to user area. There are some awesome patches in it..!! Its worth Wink

Hi Rishat,

I have a new 1gb SD Card, how will i load M3 samples and keep it forever as you have mentioned?

Xenyx 802 Behringer Mixer, M-Audio Fast Track USB, Sonar 7
Moonshine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dekturrr wrote:
Rishat wrote:

Hi Rishat,

I have a new 1gb SD Card, how will i load M3 samples and keep it forever as you have mentioned?

You can load them from http://korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=280 and then go to Support, seek M3 Producer Preset Data and download the zip file. The zip file contains all the presets of the M3. The program sounds work just as they are but combis sound different than what they should because you don't have the program sounds where they should be. The M50 also lacks the karma which affects some of the sounds in combi mode.
dekturrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonshine wrote:
dekturrr wrote:
Rishat wrote:

Hi Rishat,

You can load them from http://korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=280 and then go to Support, seek M3 Producer Preset Data and download the zip file. The zip file contains all the presets of the M3. The program sounds work just as they are but combis sound different than what they should because you don't have the program sounds where they should be. The M50 also lacks the karma which affects some of the sounds in combi mode.

ive downloaded it, ive also cross checked the programs for both m50 and m3 voice list and found out that there are only 4 programs new to the m50. the rest is all the same.

Xenyx 802 Behringer Mixer, M-Audio Fast Track USB, Sonar 7
Moonshine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dekturrr wrote:
Moonshine wrote:
dekturrr wrote:
Rishat wrote:

Hi Rishat,

ive downloaded it, ive also cross checked the programs for both m50 and m3 voice list and found out that there are only 4 programs new to the m50. the rest is all the same.

I'm not sure if I understood what you mean but the m3 has 1216 preset (EDS) programs which is 9,5 banks and the m50 has 608 preset programs. So there are a helluva lot more programs in available in the m3 Wink
Ivan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, not to dig up an old thread but I find this -very- useful.. can anyone point out really good m3 programs that work on the m50? The quick look I had points to the conclusion there isn't really all that much great new stuff.. about the only decent thing I found so far was the m3 mono piano and even that needs some serious tweaking, the sound, although much clearer is too sharp now..
akmon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don´t you try to download the producer.pcg file?. It´s free, and you can download from Korg´s oficial site. Most of them are compatible to M50, and evenif we don´t have room enough for all the programs, it´s time to customize our banks, deleting those sounds we´re not going to use.
Ivan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the thing is.. I did.. it's just that going through the contents of it on my sdcard I can't seem to tell which patches are new to the M3 and useable on the M50.. granted I have only had the M50 a short time so I don't know the patch names yet but it seems at first glance I cannot find any really new stuff.. I thought, for example, that the m3 mono piano was new but in fact M50 has it too..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: