Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can the Triton play 2 totally different sounds together?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard_jn

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Can the Triton play 2 totally different sounds together? Reply with quote

I want to have a 2 keyboard set up for live use. This would consist of a Triton, and an 88 note Midi controller with weighted keys. Obviously the 88 note keyboard would not have any of its own sounds on board.

I play in a band where I use a lot of pad sounds and pianos, but also brass hits and lead sounds etc. I want to be able to play the pads and pianos on the big keyboard, then play lead parts and brass hits on the Triton.

Can the Triton play me 2 sounds like that at the same time if they are connected by midi? so For example the controller keyboard would be playing a piano sound from the triton, and at the same time the whole of the tritons keyboard would be set to a brass sound??

Can this be done? I've purchased neither keyboard yet and I'm trying to find ways of doing this sort of set up as cheaply as possible but still having professional sounds! Thanks for your help.
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure can, it's called combi mode; it lets you play up to 8 sounds together at once. I tend to use three sounds at once for my pop/funk brass and most of the time I'm layering several sounds together to make richer, more interesting pads as well.

If you don't get one with the keyboard, the manual should be available from Korg's website (and if it's not, you should still be able to get the manual at least for the Korg TR, which is a 'triton lite', but everything will be the same as far as how the machine works).
richard_jn

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks. Thats great news then!

So for the set up is it as simple as one MIDI cable going from the controller stage piano into the Triton? Then all the rest is programmed in the Triton?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard_jn wrote:
Ok thanks. Thats great news then!

So for the set up is it as simple as one MIDI cable going from the controller stage piano into the Triton? Then all the rest is programmed in the Triton?

Yeah, make sure the piano controller is on a different MIDI channel though.

Then in the Triton you can set different timbres to respond to different channels - to get the controller to play it, simply set a timbre to the same channel as the controller is transmitting on.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Vim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caution though ... make sure that the Korg's global channel is 1 and that all sounds that you want to play using the TR has channel 1. All sounds that you want the other keyboard to play should be set to a different channel such as 2 and make sure that you change the midi transmit channel of the other controller to channel 2 as well.

You could also do the same thing in SEQ mode (gives you the advantage of being able to use RPPR and arp as well.)
ex Marshall Islands
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: