Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

serious songwriter looking for serious collaborator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Song writing - Lyrics & Collaboration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shanny

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: serious songwriter looking for serious collaborator Reply with quote

I want to find someone to write with. It would be ideal to find someone in my city, preferably in my state, but I realize this is next to impossible (BTW I am in Wilmington, NC)

I write lyrics and compose solely on my Korg Triton sequencer and digital 8-track. No computer. My songs are combinations of pop and rock. I am very 80's influenced but am not limited to that era.

It would be great to start writing songs for a band who is tired of doing covers and wants to play/record original material.

If I had to count I'd say I've written well over 100 songs with music and probably twice that many lyrics-only songs...

Please feel free to email me at journeyfrontiers@yahoo.com if you are willing to see where this leads....
biggrime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: serious songwriter looking for serious collaborator Reply with quote

shanny wrote:
I want to find someone to write with. It would be ideal to find someone in my city, preferably in my state, but I realize this is next to impossible (BTW I am in Wilmington, NC)

I write lyrics and compose solely on my Korg Triton sequencer and digital 8-track. No computer. My songs are combinations of pop and rock. I am very 80's influenced but am not limited to that era.

It would be great to start writing songs for a band who is tired of doing covers and wants to play/record original material.

If I had to count I'd say I've written well over 100 songs with music and probably twice that many lyrics-only songs...

Please feel free to email me at journeyfrontiers@yahoo.com if you are willing to see where this leads....

I got a question for you. How is the 8 track recording doign for you? I have thought about getting a hard disk recorder because just tired of using my computer but, don't want to fall short either. So is the recorder good enough to replace your computer?

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
shanny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: reply about digital 8 track Reply with quote

Hey - I saw your question about me using the digital 8-track.....well, I really like what it can do....the manuals are too big, like every synth/recording product, but once you get the highlights of the processes you need, it's easier to maneuver around the manual......I typed a one-page sheet of how to do basic recording, what buttons to push in what order, etc. etc. Simplified right away, now I can record quickly!

My machine is a Fostex MR8 HDCD, got it specifically for the CD burning feature. My friend had the Korg D1600 with 16 tracks and I liked it but it was too pricey.....so this fit my budget.

I would recommend it, though I don't even know if they still make it....you know what a short life span these things have! But if you looked on eBay you could find one, or perhaps something similar. Since I never recorded with computer software, I can't compare the two, but I didn't want to go the software route since I didn't have that great of a computer to begin with, and now I share one with a roommate so I can't bog her memory down with stuff.......so sequencing and digital 8 track works best for me....

Hope this answers your questions....

Happy songwriting!

Shantel
biggrime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: reply about digital 8 track Reply with quote

shanny wrote:
Hey - I saw your question about me using the digital 8-track.....well, I really like what it can do....the manuals are too big, like every synth/recording product, but once you get the highlights of the processes you need, it's easier to maneuver around the manual......I typed a one-page sheet of how to do basic recording, what buttons to push in what order, etc. etc. Simplified right away, now I can record quickly!

My machine is a Fostex MR8 HDCD, got it specifically for the CD burning feature. My friend had the Korg D1600 with 16 tracks and I liked it but it was too pricey.....so this fit my budget.

I would recommend it, though I don't even know if they still make it....you know what a short life span these things have! But if you looked on eBay you could find one, or perhaps something similar. Since I never recorded with computer software, I can't compare the two, but I didn't want to go the software route since I didn't have that great of a computer to begin with, and now I share one with a roommate so I can't bog her memory down with stuff.......so sequencing and digital 8 track works best for me....

Hope this answers your questions....

Happy songwriting!

Shantel

Yes thanks. I am going to get a hard disk recorder. I am thinking about the D3200 or a second hand D1600

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
cminor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well first try to "use" it.
It will get you mad when you'll see that a simple "move to the next measure" takes about 2 minutes..
The usefull thing is portability, yes.
But as DAW multitrack is crazy...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Song writing - Lyrics & Collaboration All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: