Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

standard midi files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimbol4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: standard midi files Reply with quote

Hi guys
I have some midi files that will not save my personal edits.For example a i recently used the midi file of the song Conga and i changed the drum kit and bass and volume changes on several horns.I then saved the song and when i palyed the midi file ,all the edits that i did were not there and all the original volumes and ggm drum kits were back.How do you solve this issue.I have edited other midi files and i nwas able to save my edits with no problems up unil this song.Any help would be great.I use very little midi files on gigs, but certain songs that have a specific bass groove to the song, is when i use midi files.

Thanks, John : Cool
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though the drumkit doesn't change, are your changed events still in the track? If they are, then there are other events that are resetting the original drum kit.

I assume you changed the actual PC/CC events in SONG track edit mode ???

Pete Very Happy
kimbol4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pete,
I believe that these midi files might be protected and therefore will not allow any editing.I think someone posted a while back how to correct this problem.There must be a way to get around this.

Thanks , John
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: propreties Reply with quote

you might check the midi file propreties and make sure that the atributes it is not a read-only . just right click on the file and go to propreties and look there . this might help .. or just save it with a new name .
JudgeB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Pete is right John. Some Midi files are protected and with many you have to change the track event coding. Like 7 is volume that you have to change in the menu event edit screen and change the value. To change the sound you can see the factory assigned number as you look at the tracks in the file and change the number in the event edit screen again. Don't forget the ole' "save" step Embarassed Embarassed

judgeb
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John. Try this free pc program called 'Midiplayer'. It allows you to change ALL Instruments and volumes and save the midi file. It is very easy to use and well worth having the program. Could solve your problem for you. Smile

http://psrtutorial.com/MB/midiplayer.html
kimbol4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI ,
I want to thank all of you for your help and suggestions.I will try the midi player program .I just wanted to knpw if this program will work for the korg pa800.I noticed that all the keyboards listed are from yamaha.

Thanks, John
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimbol4 wrote:
HI ,
I want to thank all of you for your help and suggestions.I will try the midi player program .I just wanted to knpw if this program will work for the korg pa800.I noticed that all the keyboards listed are from yamaha.

Thanks, John

Hi John, the player is intended to iron out incompatabilities with Yamaha keyboard voicing ie mega, Live and sa[1&2] voices. It does however also give you the choice to alter any midi file to GM Specification which is useful and compatible to all keyboards including Korg. Smile
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control Event 7 sets the volume - so delete this event via Edit Event.
Prog Event will select the instument so delete this Event also.
Both these events should occur near the begining of the song. You will need to do this to any track you want to be able to change.
Now when you set your volume or instrument it should work.
On tracks where there are multiple volume changes it will be more complicated. In this case I tend to use Song Edit, Velocity and change the % value (this is not the best way because it can upset the expression of the instrument but its quick and easy).
Hope this helps.
Very best,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: