Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Sound on Sound.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pairoj

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: NEW Operating System Ver 1.50 Reply with quote

Hi,

The new firmware v1.50 is out on http://www.korg.co.uk/products/digital_recording/sr1/dr_sr1.asp in "SR1 Software" tab on the right side.

Or you can click this link: http://www.korg.co.uk/downloads/sr1/data/SOUNDonSOUND_v150_E.zip

Or http://www.korg.com/uploads/Download/SOUNDonSOUND_v150_E_634333613138200000.zip
=============================
Changes in version 1.50 from version 1.05:
Simplifying the power off procedure
Press and hold down the Power button until "PWR OFF" appears on the display.
Speaker volume improvement
Speaker output volume has been increased when used with the battery.

SOUNDonSOUND_v150_E.zip (1.58MB)

You can check your current firmware version by pressing Play (>) button while SOS starting up, the version number will show on the LCD display.

I already updated my SOS to v1.50 and are testing the new firmware.

Enjoy!
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a major update, however it's nice to see that Korg remebers this tiny "miracle-machine". Wink
And yes, it truly is...this far it has enabled me to become a slightly better than mediocre bass-player in a short time, and I started from scratch.
And this is my main usage of the SoS; rehersal and practice. Smile

Next to the PAX this is my favourite Korg.

My new rock-band
My new duo's homepage - mostly in norwegian, but give it a go
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RoboDancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Card Errors Reply with quote

I have a 4GB Kingston micro-SD card that does not work, even with firmware 1.50. I have found that 8GB Silicon Power micro-SD cards are very compatible, and I have made over 30 songs using them. When I do get a card error, I find it is best to backup the data on it to a PC, then to format the card on the Sound on Sound device.
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have not noticed any real difference in the SD-cards, aside from the fact that a slow card MAY cause the SoS to halt, which is a pain in the rear.
As described earlier in this thread, my first SoS had flaws, and the distributor in Norway did their best to send me a new machine...and this functions great. Wink

My new rock-band
My new duo's homepage - mostly in norwegian, but give it a go
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andrewg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: sos onboard mic hiss noise Reply with quote

hi, just purchased an sr1, does what i expected quite well BUT the onboard mic hiss noise on mine is worse than i had hoped for. tried various settings, updated to 1.50 still noise or more noise if i increase gain and vol etc.

Also get the FSYS ERR 37 10 F5

Why the noise/hiss?

Is this typical?

can a future f/w update sort it?

any tips appreciated

apart from that, have lost data, and froze a few times.

thanks

ps where is the sos korg family page?

Last edited by andrewg on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrewg, I think the best place to post about that would be the "Korg Digital Recording And Mixing" section here
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
brooster1

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW Operating System Ver 1.50 Reply with quote

When I downloaded the 1.50 update it says it is 1.05. Is this 1.05 update the last one available?

Pairoj wrote:
Hi,

The new firmware v1.50 is out on http://www.korg.co.uk/products/digital_recording/sr1/dr_sr1.asp in "SR1 Software" tab on the right side.

Or you can click this link: http://www.korg.co.uk/downloads/sr1/data/SOUNDonSOUND_v150_E.zip

Or http://www.korg.com/uploads/Download/SOUNDonSOUND_v150_E_634333613138200000.zip
Changes in version 1.50 from version 1.05:
Simplifying the power off procedure
Press and hold down the Power button until "PWR OFF" appears on the display.
Speaker volume improvement
Speaker output volume has been increased when used with the battery.

SOUNDonSOUND_v150_E.zip (1.58MB)

You can check your current firmware version by pressing Play (>) button while SOS starting up, the version number will show on the LCD display.

I already updated my SOS to v1.50 and are testing the new firmware.

Enjoy!
millahjovich

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...unlimited in Korg's sence of the word.
Of course it will be limited, if not by anything else than the SD-card's capacity, however I seriously doubt that anyone would use this one to record each participant in e.g. the London Philharmonic Orchestra
sm7x7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrecting the old thread in favor of those who still enjoys to use this unique recorder.

My question: is there an option for the count-in click to start when the record starts, or it is independent from the REC button and has to be pressed before the record starts? Thanks for your better knowledge of the process!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: