Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Sound on Sound.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Korg Sound on Sound. Reply with quote

Hiya all...did anyone try this one out yet?

Korg SOS

Does this look like a better buy than any other pocket-recorder?

My new rock-band
My new duo's homepage - mostly in norwegian, but give it a go
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the youtube video of it the other day. The interesting thing is that it records an apparently unlimited number of 'overdubs', as separate tracks that you can just drop into your DAW!

it also uses microSD & microSDHC, up to 16gb. I would certainly like to try one, but haven't yet.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...unlimited in Korg's sence of the word.
Of course it will be limited, if not by anything else than the SD-card's capacity, however I seriously doubt that anyone would use this one to record each participant in e.g. the London Philharmonic Orchestra. Laughing

However...yes, it's unlimited in most semi-pro musician-world.
I also watched the video on YouTube, and even though I've seen other EQ do similare operations, this one is pocket-sized!! Cudos for that one.

BUT I have yet to find anyone who has this in stock. Not even Korg-store has a single one, but of course it's possible to pre-order.
I'm wondering when this will be up for release? Maybe it will be like the PAX; 9 months pre-order, then wait for another 4 months, then finally arriving in Norway.

I'm seriously concidering ordering one from an american netshop, however I doubt that they will be able to ship to Norway being that we have Korg-dealers here. Crying or Very sad

My new rock-band
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pastor-of-Muppets
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wings wrote:
Well...unlimited in Korg's sence of the word.
Of course it will be limited, if not by anything else than the SD-card's capacity, however I seriously doubt that anyone would use this one to record each participant in e.g. the London Philharmonic Orchestra. Laughing

Not sure what you mean by this, apart from the SD card's capacity, how else is it limited?

You couldn't mic up every member of an orchestra and record them to separate tracks, but that's not what it's being sold for. I haven't seen any claim it can record multiple tracks simultaneously so I wouldn't expect it to do that!
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor-of-Muppets wrote:
Not sure what you mean by this,...

Sorry, guess it was a bad joke but I was referring to recording one member at the time, thus rendering the SOS full, no matter the size of the SD-card.

And as you may read in my post, I didn't state that it was portrayed as such either.
Like I said...bad joke.

But what I can tell you, with pretty much 100% certainty, I'm gonna buy one of these puppies, as long as I don't have to pay the rediculous price I'm sure it will cost in Norway (usually minimum 80% higher than the rest of the world).

My new rock-band
gjvti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks excellent except one thing - it lacks midi for synchronization Sad so no place for it in my setup with lot of step sequencing and arpeggios.
Pastor-of-Muppets
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wings wrote:

Sorry, guess it was a bad joke but I was referring to recording one member at the time, thus rendering the SOS full, no matter the size of the SD-card.

aaaaah Smile

Wings wrote:

But what I can tell you, with pretty much 100% certainty, I'm gonna buy one of these puppies, as long as I don't have to pay the rediculous price I'm sure it will cost in Norway (usually minimum 80% higher than the rest of the world).

thanks for the explanation, sorry i missed the bad joke Wink
I think they look really interesting, so I was wondering if maybe I'd missed some problem with it. good luck finding it at a good price!
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I found a good price at a dealer in NORWAY!!!! Shocked and I ordered one, prepaid.
At the time it was supposed to be in stock in 11 days...now it should be only 2 days left, however the dealer have now updated new arrival-date in 28!!! days.
Anyone know whats going on?
I know it has been produced, but do buyers experience problems thus delaying the shipments?

My new rock-band
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone from Korg here anymore?
Well, I found that the problem is Korg themselves. As history shows, Korg still continue to front new products before they are ready to supply the market. And thinking general sales this is of course a wise politic, however when they have a delivery-date set, and this date is exceeded time and time again, distributors and clients are disappointed.
WTF is going on Korg???
Is this the impression you want to leave with your clients?

My new rock-band
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wings:

Well... I don't really have information that can help you - I am not from the Norwegian Distributor. I know them, they're good friends and nice people, but I don't run their business.

We've been selling the SOS in the US since the very end of March, so it's still relatively new. Having "someone" from Korg here, and being able to help out with issues in specific countries is not the same thing. I'll forward the thread to them.

Regards,

Jerry
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe...thanks alot for the reply Jerry.
Even though I may have sounded angry in my last post, this is not the case.
I have spoken to the dealers in Norway, and they have told me that they have been presented with three delivery-dates this far, and we still have a few days left to see if the last update will result in any shipment.

My "ranting" was based upon the wait I had to accept when I ordered a new MB for my PAXpro. As this was not a shelf-product Korg Europe had to order this from the producer. And being that Korg (Sweden???) didn't have enough orders to fill a container with goods, they didn't deliver my MB for 7 months, even though I offered to pay for the ekstra postage on my motherboard to have it sent alone.
Now...to me this is not good customer-politics, this is just plain unwillingness. Crying or Very sad

During this month that have passed since I ordered and prepaid my SR1, I could have ordered one from a netstore in the US and have it in my hand two weeks ago, but being that the norwegian shop could sell it for a near equal price, I decided to shop locally.

It's really a pain in the backside to be left with a "dunno-when-we're-gonna-get-it" -answer when attempting to be loyal to local dealers instead of shopping where the price is right.

Even though Korg unfortunately isn't the only one, it looks as if "customer-service" represents nothing more than a written word without meaning. Confused

As for the norwegian distributor in Oslo (EM - Englund Musikk), I have nothing but respect and gratitude for their service-level and willingness to help, since they have gone beyond what would be expected as normal procedure to aid me in the early days of my PAXpro's life. Wink

My new rock-band
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got it.
And was it worth the wait?
Most certainly!

If you're ever in the market for a pocket-recorder, Korg SR1 - "Sound on Sound" has to be the wise choise. Wink

After mucking about a while (manual is as expected - not too great) I've finally found out how to make a recording.
And as Korg says; there must be a zillion ways to get your recording tweaked.

Love it - don't have time for more writing - gonna muck about a bit more.

My new rock-band
simaj103

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'am new to this forum! It works fine with included SD micro card, but with my Kingston SDC10/16GB it reports FSYS ERR 38 15 F3 when I try to access the card. When I try the trick with formatting the card on power on, it reports NO CARD. The same card in my Nikon D90 works fine.
Any suggestions?
Wings
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I had the same error happening on mine for the first few tries, however after I first performed a card-test on the SR1 and then formatted it, it worked fine.
My card is a 8 Gb SDHC.

Try this if you haven't already and let us know please. Wink

My new rock-band
simaj103

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Card test, after selecting yes reports !UNMOUNT and nothing happens. Additionaly, I noticed that after SR1 is trying to access Kingston SDC10/16GB card, I can not turn of the device. It hangs after selecting yes in y/n dialog and I have to remove batteries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: