Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you think the R3 would work as a keytar?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Well?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Do you think the R3 would work as a keytar? Reply with quote

I'm thinking about modding my R3 to be a keytar. I wouldn't be cutting all around and changing up the case, but rather I have a design in my head for a neck that could clamp on to the R3 (with the only purpose being to hold the R3 like a guitar, not to have a neck with mod, pitch wheels etc.) and also screw in some guitar bolts to attach a strap to.

Do you think this is plausible, or is the R3 to big/heavy?

I know that it'd be better to just get a midi keytar but that defeats the purpose of being a signature item.
diegombass

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is neither too heavy nor big to do that...

I'm a bass player too(You are, no?) and I have bought the Roland system to convert the bass to MIDI. I like it because I can synthetise the sound of my bass with all the FX, filters, EGs, LFOs... of the R3, even add octaves to my bass(with the sound of the Oscillators, because I don't like the pitch shifter FX), or only use the sound of the R3...

Can I call it keybass? lol

Good idea, go for it!
Good luck!
alec118

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly. However, I don't know that I'd risk my R3 doing it. I personally am working on a custom made midi keytar. I'm still in the design phase, but I don't think it should be too hard. The plus of doing it this way is that it's still a "signature" item, but there's no possibility of ruining my synth. I'll be sure to post some pictures if it comes together.
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alec118 wrote:
Possibly. However, I don't know that I'd risk my R3 doing it. I personally am working on a custom made midi keytar. I'm still in the design phase, but I don't think it should be too hard. The plus of doing it this way is that it's still a "signature" item, but there's no possibility of ruining my synth. I'll be sure to post some pictures if it comes together.

Well, so as to not ruin the R3, I plan on making it detachable; basically the R3 slides into it as it were a case, and a lock keeps it in, so theyre'd be minimal modding to the R3.

I'm also thinking of ideas for a speaker and mobile power supply; the whole reason why I'd be making it an R3tar in the first place is to eliminate the need for long external cables.

I'm not sure, I may start this around my birthday month when I have more $. It's just up in the air for now.
six_feet_under

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a similar idea that worked beautifully: Converting my Kross1 to a keytar. I got 5 octaves of full size keys, with multiple splits, battery powered, under 10lbs, and one of the coolest looking KROG's ever made. https://youtu.be/I7YHznSAEYY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: