Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RADIAS Wishlist !!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moroe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: RADIAS Wishlist !! Reply with quote

Hello

I would like to start a Radias2 wishlist.
Please make it "sticky"

1. A dedicated suboscillator so that we can use the subosc and the waveshaping features simultaneously .

2. Crossmodulation,Unison,VPM for all oscillator waveforms (Synth PCM,Formant)
If this is not possible with the current synth PCM waveforms, please add single cycle waveforms like the virus has.
Or maybe 2 parameters which let us radically deform the standard analog waveforms to new waveforms.

3. Let oscillator 2 have the same waveforms as oscillator 1 has.

4. Two more lfos´s and one more envelope (they can be hidden in the menu structure and do not need a dedicated knob)

5. Possibility to set filter 2 as first filter in serial mode.
I wanna put a lowpass filter after the comb filter without losing a effect slot.

6. Faster lfo´s (2600 Hz) to use them as FM source for the oscillators.

7. A randomize preset function with adjustable randomizing depth.

8. Bigger ram for 1000 or more user presets.
256 are a bit small these modern days.

Greets

Moroe
bobborries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Realistic Tweeks Reply with quote

These refinements wouldn't require more processing power...

1) Velocity Zones! Low Vel. to High Vel. zone for each timbre.

2) New filter Config: From Filter 2 to Filter 1 connected in serial.

3) Add Mod Sequencers (1-3) to Patch sources.

4) Add AnalgTun to Patch Source (a.k.a. Random Velocity)

5) Toggle switch to give Env3 knobs

6) Static Band settings for Vocorder (Turns Vocorder into Fixed Filter Bank)

Living in L.A.

Last edited by bobborries on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One I would really like to see is to have the option to put the WS/Drive between the two filters...

I would also like to see at least an extra two mod slots - we complained on the MS2000 that four wasn't enough, and now I don't always find that six is enough! (although I hear the EXB-Radias in the M3 has eight). You can get some really expressive sounds and sometimes I have everything routed to velocity or some to aftertouch and keytrack and it doesn't leave enough left for assigning LFOs and modwheel.
You can get some very expressive electro and semi-acoustic sounds out of the Radias which many are unaware of. A 61-key keyboard option would also be nice.

Not sure about bob's #3 - mod sequencers as virtual patches, they aren't really designed that way, but ability to select at least two or three destinations for a single mod sequencer would be nice.
and #4 is something I have always wished for. Really they could only have one set of knobs for EGs and then the ability to page through the three so the knobs only operate one envelope at a time. I'd rather have more control over the LFOs.

Which brings me on to another thing: LFO Shape parameter as a mod destination. It would be nice to make PWM-LFO shapes, etc. I'd like to see punch-level as a mod destination too - this would be great for physical modelled sounds and such.

I'd also like to be able to use the FX control knobs as destinations for the mod sequencer. Obviously this would have to force the modseq into Timbre-sync (not voice-sync) mode.

Also, the sequencer and arpeggiator are not great for live use. They need an input-quantization feature like on KARMA and I believe similar to what other arpeggiators do. For example, currently if you hit a note in the middle of the beat, you don't hear anything until the next beat, then all of your sequence is one step late if you're playing along with something/someone else. Turning on re-trigger would make it out of time as well as out of pattern. what should happen is if you hit the note slightly late (less than halfway through a beat/step), it should start immediately, and then the next step will be in time...

The point that turning on and off some feature cuts the sound is annoying. I know Unison changes voice allocation, but it could just make the change so that the next key triggers more voices, whilst the current key still rings out...

Some kind of realtime pattern switching is a must! if we can't change programs on the fly like on the electribe, then maybe there should be an external table of patterns that are referenced and you can string them together for a program, or maybe a 'scene' based system where a program has two step sequencers still, but four or six or eight different settings for them.

In a successor to the radias, in particular I'd like to see:

I really like the multi-style program structure though, the four timbres belonging to the program is great and I prefer that for a VA over the 'program & combi' system used on the workstations. However I don't hate that either, but it belongs on a workstation! so keep the program structure.

KARMA!. It goes great with a VA.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro

Last edited by X-Trade on Sat May 08, 2010 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RADIAS's knobs directly driving Radias paramenters on a M3!

I.e.: Radis module being working as a programming surface for Radias-exb on a M3.

Anybody who owns a Radias AND and M3 knows that it is absurd to quickly program a radias patch,

then waste HOURS replicating it on the M3.
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 16 formant motions could be "misused" as modualtors too. Maybe the biggest change would be to make them editable thru the editor.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
Otto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synchronise the phases of all oscillators of a program at note-on, maybe optionally.
Demonstartion of the problem: Load InitTimbre1, now you have an unadorned sawtooth from osc 1. Add another sawtooth with the same frequency and level by turning up the osc 2 level to 127 (osc 1 already is at 127). Play the same tone repeatedly. It will randomly sound different each time, because both oscillators start at random points of the wave period.
While adding two sawtooths of the same frequency is hardly useful, it clearly shows what goes on (speakers and oscilloscope). Sine + saw (level about 95:127) is similarly impressive, but will not double the frequency as saw+saw sometimes does.
(remark: I am talking about synchronisation once at note-on only, not later, so this is very different from osc 2 modulation = sync)
diegombass

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-I'd like to have every parameter in the patches or in the CC#map.

-I'd like to have no silence time between changing programs.

-I'd like to have a real pitch shifter and not that ¬¬
ozy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my radias yesterday.

I'm sorry, I'll keep the M3 and its exb-radias,

but if I need to manually copy the patches from one synth to another,

because radias and exb-radis can't talk to each other,

and if I need to write down my patches with a pencil,

I'll just stick to a modular.

BTW, I replaced the radias with a second-hand Virus C.
phlykr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want audio by usb or one stereo audio out by timbre!
Undo button instead of compare!
When in ext-midi tempo sync, I want it to stay the same when my sequencer stops sending clock info instead of switching back to the program's initial value!
Better cable placement for rack purposes!
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "slow" or "fine" shift-button to be able to fine adjust some potentiometer values loke the tempo!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axxim wrote:
A "slow" or "fine" shift-button to be able to fine adjust some potentiometer values loke the tempo!

Isn't this what the alpha wheel is for?

When I'm stuck trying to adjust a parameter I just give the wheel a click in one direction. Only works in 'edit' mode obviously, but then if you're programming on the unit itself that's the best place to be. stops accidentally changing away from the patch too, and makes sure you're seeing the edit page for whatever parameter you're adjusting (if you have page jump enabled).
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intentionally meant the tempo knob because this is one of the parameters you may need to change often and trying to set a specified value could be very annoying. The only advantage I see is the pots stay clean due to excessive twiddling Confused
The alpha dial is a good option but then you are at the level of each other 4 button synth which rises the question about the function of all that knobs if some of them get useles for instant change?
The software editor already has this function and it should be easy to implement in the OS
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, the knobs are great for getting in the ballpark and even more importantly, for increasing the ability to tweak certain parameters live - because you can get familiar with the layout and have it all in front of you. They are not great however if you are trying to achieve a specific 0-127 value. Really though that shouldn't matter - just use your ears. The point is that there are a lot of parameters in the Radias which wouldn't fit in the front panel or wouldn't translate well to any kind of physical control anyway, so the screen and the software editor I have to say I wouldn't want to do without. I do always start with the knobs and then page through the screen to find specific things I want like analog detune, vibrato depth, waveshaper settings, etc.
I am one of those strange people who prefers to do all the editing in front of the synth though.

anyway, if we're not careful this is becoming a discussion and not a wishlist.
pillbug

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Programmable arpeggiator patterns!
aerosilla

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice to load wav samples as Oscillator 1 or both osc alla Cakewalk Rapture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: