Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DW-8000 sounds are sticking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrogLegs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: DW-8000 sounds are sticking Reply with quote

whenever i hook DW-8000 up to another keyboard....e.i. korg x-50 or os2, after some time a note will sound and not shut off....unless i turn power off on dw-8000.

has done this since the 1st time i midi'd it.....

any suggestions?
sonicNRG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

need to know which runs what.. like in the general synths post
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is a well (but old) documented bug with the firmware. The latest version for the DW-8000 is version 12. Hold on the 1 and 2 buttons while powering your DW-8000 up and tell me what the number is. I'm betting it'll be a 9.

The only fix is to swap out the EPROM that holds the software to the latest version. I've been debating picking up an EPROM writer so I could burn a few of these. Not many people have it (I was lucky enough to get one from Korg a few years back).

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
noleian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: DW 8000 EPROM swap firmware upgrade v13 Reply with quote

So, I've got a DW-8000 doing the same thing that FrogLegs describes. I ordered a version 13(!) EPROM from MTG
http://www.musictechnologiesgroup.com/mtg_eproms.htm
and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I have never replaced an EPROM before, but I am fairly handy with a soldering iron. I downloaded a service manual and my next move is to dig into that. I'd appreciate any tips, thanks.
Riva Lima

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the correct Eprom model for this case? I bought a 256, I have an eprom recorder, and when I turn on the keyboard, it just flashes the panel numbers and the arpegiator Speed led stays on... the rest goes off...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: