Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV1 Editor Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonebars888

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: java runtie Reply with quote

i think i took it from here:

http://download.cnet.com/Java-Runtime-Environment-JRE/3000-2378_4-10009607.html
tonebars888

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a footnote to this.. if your having issues on Vista/win7 whereby your system wont work with the 32 bit version of the editor, i didnt find that changing drivers or messing with the registry was any help, it was just a big red herring! My driver shows up as SV1 not Korg SV1 and the editor works fine.. but this was only after i installed the 64bit version, the 32 bit would not work for me, no matter what i tried. Of course the 64 bit won't even install if you dont have the right version of the Java runtime, and the one referenced in the manual would not work for me and the install failed. My solution was to search around, and download a different java runtime, I found one on Cnet that worked for me but YMMV, but keep playing this game until you can get the 64bit version to install. The 64bit version works flawlessly for me now.
KorgUSAProductSupport

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonebars888 wrote:
as a footnote to this.. if your having issues on Vista/win7 whereby your system wont work with the 32 bit version of the editor, i didnt find that changing drivers or messing with the registry was any help, it was just a big red herring! My driver shows up as SV1 not Korg SV1 and the editor works fine.. but this was only after i installed the 64bit version, the 32 bit would not work for me, no matter what i tried. Of course the 64 bit won't even install if you dont have the right version of the Java runtime, and the one referenced in the manual would not work for me and the install failed. My solution was to search around, and download a different java runtime, I found one on Cnet that worked for me but YMMV, but keep playing this game until you can get the 64bit version to install. The 64bit version works flawlessly for me now.

Sounds like the advanced configuration for the Korg USB-MIDI driver had the MIDI In set to "64 bit only". If anyone runs into similar issues, navigate as follows:

Start --> Programs --> Korg --> Korg USB-MIDI Driver Tools --> Configure Korg USB-MIDI Driver

In the Advanced section, set MIDI IN to "Both" and click OK.

Hope this helps,

Max
Korg USA Product Support

facebookTwitterYouTube
finegiro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,
I have exactly the same problem as gilgamex,
I just bought a 73 keys black Korg SV1, it sounds great but I'm having problems with the editor. I'm using Windows 7 64bits, followed all the forum instructions to install the MIDI Drivers, that are installed correctly, showing KORG SV-1 under the dispositives list of the control panel.
When I start the editor, it found the SV1 but the connection between the hardware and the editor seems to be extremely slow. It's like the editor is reading the SV1 memory but it never finish. I waited one hour and a few instruments were loaded in the software, but it's completely unusable. If I move a knob, the software respond 2 minutes late..or don't respond. I tried in different usb ports, different cables.. even delete de midi - midi9 list in the registry and installed everything again..

The SV1 works fine with other midi softwares, so I suppose it's a Java/Windows issue. Just installed the Java 7 Update 3 x64 but it don't solve the problem.

Hope you guys can help,
Thanks a lot in advance!
best,
finegiro
tonebars888

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you'll see from an earlier post i made, i had to go back to an earlier version of java before the editor would work Vista 64. Works great now though.
Dave
MonsieurX

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Loading.... Reply with quote

Hi everyone, sorry for your issues... ex software developper here... be kind to the coders, im sure they have their hands full with challenges...

I got my sv1 and am happy as a pig in dung Smile It's awesome! Keys could be a little bit better but you'd loose a bit of the feel... It's awesome, it's all i can say!

My os is xp sp3 latest drivers, rebooted, I've updated java, the drivers, tried all the combos (i also debug Netbackup enterprise issues - i know what im doing - but im not a midi expert...).

I've reinstalled drivers, they all show good everywhere (device manager, event vwr, etc), the editor works and connect, and says loading just below the title bar. it load 5%, 19%, sometimes 78%, restarts at 5%, etc... I dont have 10 midi devices in the registry...

The mouse is always in the "watch cursor" mode, nothing works...
If i leave it overnight, it end up in no connection. No input port found. But the usb sees it and it is recognized as an sv1.

Any stable updates to come soon? Any ideas?
Dashka

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Just to add to the thread, I got the Sv-1 73 RV a few days ago and tried to install the editor yesterday.
My system is a fresh Windows 7 64 bit system, and I've installed all the latest drivers and Java 7.4 but the editor(64 bit) stays on the backup screen.
I've tried an earlier version of Java but no change.

-Usb Midi driver is set to 'both' as previously mentioned.

Can anyone shed any light on anything else that might help to get it working?
ryanlay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Called Korg Reply with quote

Hey guys (first post Very Happy),
So I was running into the same issue as most here: when I opened the Editor, all I saw was the Backup tab. I use Win 7 x64. I called Korg and the problem was fixed within 5 minutes. Go the start menu and type in regedit. In the frame on the left open KKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows NT>Current Version>Drivers32 in the frame on the right you should notice registry entries titled midi, midi1, midi2, etc... I won't get into the how and why in this post, but i right-click>delete on the following entries: midi, midi1, midi2. Close the regedit using File>Exit. Open the Start menu and open: All Programs>KORG>KORG Usb-MIDI Driver Tools and open Install Korg USB-Midi Device. After installation, open the Editor and it should work.

Sorry for wall-of-text >_<
MonsieurX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just in case, save a copy of the registry before doing any changes, a delete anywhere can happen too easily... i'll try it this weekend!
RobinOtto1990

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some problems too when I first tried to install the 64 bit version of the Editor, even though I had upgraded the JRE seconds before (this was my second try). Apparently it couldn't detect the necessary JRE... So I tried the 32 bit installer, works fine.

Roland FP-2
Boss dr220a
redrobin62

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes. The dreaded Editor. Had me pulling my hair - what's left of it - in the beginning. After acquiring the updates, it worked...sometimes. It sure was finicky. My OS was W7 64bit back then. I had to jump through a few hoops, but it worked. I haven't loaded it with my new OS, W8, but since Korg stopped at Sound Pack 2, I saw no reason to reinstall it as my SV-1 is outfitted pretty much how I like it.
ddot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windows 7 64 worked for me sweet!!!
JJESP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Called Korg Reply with quote

ryanlay wrote:
Hey guys (first post Very Happy),
So I was running into the same issue as most here: when I opened the Editor, all I saw was the Backup tab. I use Win 7 x64. I called Korg and the problem was fixed within 5 minutes. Go the start menu and type in regedit. In the frame on the left open KKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows NT>Current Version>Drivers32 in the frame on the right you should notice registry entries titled midi, midi1, midi2, etc... I won't get into the how and why in this post, but i right-click>delete on the following entries: midi, midi1, midi2. Close the regedit using File>Exit. Open the Start menu and open: All Programs>KORG>KORG Usb-MIDI Driver Tools and open Install Korg USB-Midi Device. After installation, open the Editor and it should work

Thanks Ryan! Solved my problem on Win 7 64-bit. I tried everything else with no luck. A bit funny that Korg hasn't just made a fix that overrides these settings automatically....
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Called Korg Reply with quote

JJESP wrote:
A bit funny that Korg hasn't just made a fix that overrides these settings automatically....

Not at all.
Those entries you deleted in the registry relate to other MIDI drivers that have been installed in the past. It's not up to Korg to decide which (if any) of the existing MIDI driver entries on your computer are no longer required. I'd bet you'd be even more upset if installing the SV-1 drivers removed all the other MIDI devices on your computer which you were relying on for other software to work.

The problem is partly that other developers don't delete old registry entries when you delete their software, but mostly that Windows won't work properly with more than 10 MIDI devices installed, but it won't warn you when you install the 11th - and that 11th device is guaranteed not to work!
JJESP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Called Korg Reply with quote

[quote="oy5t3h"]
JJESP wrote:
The problem is partly that other developers don't delete old registry entries when you delete their software, but mostly that Windows won't work properly with more than 10 MIDI devices installed, but it won't warn you when you install the 11th - and that 11th device is guaranteed not to work!

PaulR, I guess you are right. Since I deleted the entries in the registry, I am having problems with other programs like Sibelius etc. Don’t mess with the Windows registry.

But why would Korg make software that doesn’t work on so many computers? After installing the Korg software, I also installed some Clavia Nord drivers and programs for my Nord C2. They install easily with no problems and everything is working fine. Even with more than 10 MIDI devices. (But I should have known, since the Korg software is built on the Java platform. I always find Java applications tricky and with problems….)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: