Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV1 Editor Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
off_key88

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reloading OS Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply...

I'd hate to have to reload my OS and lose all the sounds I've stored in my favorites...

If this is the only way to get it to work then I will have to see if I can get it working on XP and backup the sounds there first.

Are you sure a re-load of the OS is necessary?
TonyMaggio

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard to resolve an issue with a small amount of information. No, I'm not sure that reloading the OS is the only way to resolve your problem.

I use Win 7 64-bit so I know the SV-1 editor works fine with that operating system. You should be able to get this up and running without editing the registry.

Try this
- Power on the SV-1
- Power on your computer and login
- Plug the USB cable from the SV-1 to your computer
- Uninstall 32-bit and 64-bit editor software
- Install 64-bit Editor software downloaded from Korg site
- Open the SV-1 Editor software

If you receive a communication error then write down the error message.
If you do not receive an error message or are able to navigate to the Backup tab, then attempt to backup all of the sounds on the SV-1 using the option 'Backup all Sv1 data'.

Regarding your communication problem I have seen this on 2 situations:
(1) Once I tried to download a set of SV1 files from the internet (not from the Korg site). Without saving the file to my C drive and then attempting to transfer the files to the SV-1, I tried to directly load the sound files. It seems this corrupted the editor software and I could not see any buttons on the Backup tab. I was successful after I reloaded the OS, reloaded the Editor software, reloaded the sounds files (completely started over).

(2) When I forgot to connect the USB cable to my computer.
daviebhoy85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't get this to work. Mad
I followed your instructions above, Tony, but I just can't get the OS to load.
Did you use USB-USB cable or MIDI-USB or both connected at the same time to load the OS?
Should it matter which cable is used?
(I'm using Windows 7 64-bit)
TonyMaggio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a USB-USB cable.

Read my entire post from May 18

Make sure you follow these tips after USB cable is connected from back of SV-1 to USB port on computer:

(4) Before you reinstall the OS, open the Disk Management dialog and keep it open. On Win7, this can be found in Computer Management -- Disk Management is listed under Storage.

(5) Reinstall the OS. The Disk Management tool helps the system identify the G drive mapping that is being created as part of the process. Be very patient and wait. The G drive mapping should be displayed after 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Do not reformat the drive. Once the drive appears then continue to follow the installation instructions.

Finally:
If you receive an error message, then write down the error message. Open Internet Explorer, go to www.google.com, enter the text of the error message and run the search. Hopefully you will get some clues on how to resolve your problem.
daviebhoy85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate.
I managed to open the disk management when I tried it last, but no new drives appeared.
I'll give it another shot tonight.
Thanks again.

David
arjuna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just recently bought the SV1 88, everything was great, editor worked fine, then when I launched the editor today it was stuck on the back-up tab (as described so many times by others here) and I couldn't edit or preview any of the other sound packs.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and software. I've tried rebooting my computer (iMac, OSX 10 . 6 . 8 )
The SV1 works fine in other applications like my various VIs and shows up fine in the MIDI setup application.
The odd thing is this happened for no apparent reason. Nothing has happened to my computer since I last used the editor successfully and I haven't installed any new software (though there may have been some updates).
I have all the latest drivers, software and OS for the SV1.
I just can't figure it out and now I'm tired and have to go to bed.
I don't really expect a solution here since none of the other solutions given here have been much help but I thought I should mention it anyway in case Korg reads these forums.

The End.

Arjuna

Last edited by arjuna on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShaunKorg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"though there may have been some updates"

Anytime windows updates itself on our computers at work something, somewhere breaks. It's not necessarily Korg's fault. They can't predict how microsoft will change things over time.

But, it sure would be nice if Korg still supported the SV1 software (or even acted like they care...)
flyingace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know if the editor is lion compatible? I am about to upgrade my iMac at home to 10.7

All my other apps check out so far, but this one. Can't seem to find the info at korg and they hardly ever return my emails.
hadjina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys!
I just bought the SV1. really happy with certain sounds and especially with the touche of the keyboard..! really close to the real thing! (for a digital piano...)

however Im facing two problems. the first is the same problem with the editor as so many had already. I can open the editor but nothing more. only the backup.. I will go over the tips that where previously given and hopefuly its gonna work.

the second problem is that I cannot find the SV1 in the VST instruments on the Nuendo3. Im using win XP. I draged the Korg folder in to the VST pluggins file but nothing happened. Also, opened the Korg folder but couldn't find a dll file with the name of the instrument as is usually the case in any other VST instruments. (u just drag the dll file into the pluggins and the damn thing shows up in to the VST inst, right??!!)

can anyone help? Is this related with the fact that the editor doesn't work??
or irrelevant??

PS. here is the strange thing.. Im using Midi/USB connection and I get signal on the nuendo. So if the PC can see the SV1 midi connection, how come the editor doesnt connect to the instrument.. im very confused.. pls help.. Rolling Eyes

chris
flyingace

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingace wrote:
anyone know if the editor is lion compatible? I am about to upgrade my iMac at home to 10.7

All my other apps check out so far, but this one. Can't seem to find the info at korg and they hardly ever return my emails.

Just FYI, the editor works perfectly in Mac OS X 10.7.2!! No problems, maybe even a little faster!
tonebars888

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought my SV1. I love it, possibly one of the most satisfying keyboard purchases i've ever made. However i do find the factory piano sustain a bit short.

So I downloaded soundpack2 to get hold of the longer sustain piano's, and installed the MIDI drivers and the Editor software and yeh, you guessed it.. same problems as all the above.

I've spent hours and hours and hours, installing, uninstalling, fiddling with Device Manager, deleting registry entries, i've tried it all and nothing works. The Editor software cannot see the OS of the SV1 and im stuck on the backup tab. I can see the Korg as a disk device and it appears in device manager, although it says SV1 as the device name, the driver IS the Korg driver, all the details are Korg. Iv'e deleted the driver, reinstalled it and it always comes up with the same device name of SV1.

It's a shame that this software issue spoils what is otherwise a fabulous purchase. This is the 32bit version im using, I cant even install the 64bit version as it says i need Jave.exe, which i have installed!!??? Ive even pointed the 64 bit installer at the jave.exe but it craps out with a load of tech. guff. If the software needs some jave runtime then why the hell doesnt it come as part of the install instead of expecting ppl to download it from Oracle's website or whatever it was.. I'm running Vista.. unfortunately. I've emailed Korg tech support so we will see if they can help?
Such a pity that Korg got it SO right with the SV1 and dropped the ball so badly with thie software, which is an essential part of owning and uisng the instrument. Shocked
tonebars888

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Editor Issue solved!!! Reply with quote

Happy Days, i solved my own problem... i managed to get the 64 bit version of the editor working by downloading a different Java runtime than the one referenced by the Korg manual. Very Happy
gilgamex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an SV-1 and am having similar problems getting the editor to work at all. This is on a Windows 7 64bit system.

I installed the latest USB/MIDI driver (1.1.3r6) and the newest 64bit SV-1 editor. I also downloaded the latest OS (1.2).

I first installed the driver and the keyboard is always detected in my device manager (shows up as a KORG SV-1 and is using the Korg driver).

I then proceeded to update the OS. This was completed successfully.

I then fire up the SV-1 editor and it will sit there unresponsive forever. It never completes what appears to be the transfer of data from the SV-1 to the computer. This is not the same case where it goes straight to the backup tab (i.e. device not being seen correctly in the software). It will go to the main screen and will VERY slowly load different configurations and knobs. This never really completes and I cannot actually use the program.

I then plug the SV-1 into my older laptop (Windows Vista 32 bit). I go through the same process of installing the latest driver and then the 32bit SV-1 editor. It works like a charm in 32bit Vista. The sound banks load almost instantaneously upon starting the editor (the same process that never finishes on the new laptop).

Interestingly the keyboard is displayed as "SV-1" in the device manager on the working vista machine and displays as "KORG SV-1" on the non-working Win7 machine. Both are using the Korg driver (not microsoft).

I tried matching the Java Runtime versions. The older machine is running 32 bit Java 1.6u19 and the new laptop was running Java 1.6u31. I down-revved my Java to match my older machine (not a good idea from a security standpoint, but I am desperate to get this working) but it made no difference.

I hope there is some sort of solution to get this to work, I just haven't been able to get it to function yet. Kind of a bummer.
tonebars888

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Editor Problems Reply with quote

Its worth raising a ticket with Korg Support over this. I raised one for my issue and they came back to me after a day. Luckily i had managed to solve the issue myself but they were at least willing to try and help.
Andrewcecka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Same issue as gilgamex - editor goesto backup and nothing Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same issue with my 1-month old SV-1. Very frustrating as I've already spent hours trying to fix it based on these forums and have had no luck.

Running Windows 7 with most recent updates. I installed the Korg USB-MIDI driver and most recent editor. My computer does recognize the device when I plug it in, showing "SV-1" in th device manager but connected to Korg's driver according to the details of the device. Neither the editor nor any Ableton see it though.

Tonebar888 - where did you get the Java plugin that fixed the problem for you?

[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: