Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV1 Editor Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpvx-ray

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: problem with connecting to sv-1 Reply with quote

When I try to install to usb driver I get an error message "Internal Error 2753. k_coinst.exe" so, when I open the editor it doesnt show anything. Any help is greatly apreciated.
Sister77Soul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Same problem but with a mac Reply with quote

Hi there,
Reading through this thread, I'm still stuck! I have a mac, and although I plugged in the USB, and the SV1 Editor is installed, it's sticking to the back up page and not appearing as a MIDI. I'm using Garageband, but haven't had a complication like this before with my ancient clavinova!

I know about the device manager on a PC, but can't locate the similar one on the mac, can anyone help?

Thanks
S77S
toblar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Can't Run SV-1 Editor on my mac Reply with quote

Hi,

A similar problem.

I have two macs (a stationary and a laptop) both running the latest operating system. Both can run midi-usb in logic to my SV-1 88 keys.

However, only my laptop is able to launch the SV-1 editor and connect to the SV-1. On my stationary, the start up screen gets stuck at "Connecting to SV-1, please wait" This is very inconvenient as this mac is my main music computer and I keep my laptop in the office most of the time.

Have tried to reinstall the driver several times, restore the SV-1 to factory settings, tried different ports and cables.

Nothing works. Please help with any ideas!!!
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe try updating your SV-1 to the latest OS, and then running the newest editor? Have you done that yet?

Regards,

Jerry
Rodney

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having an unfortunate problem with my SV1 and a Mac. The USB port got damaged somehow, and when I plugged in a cable, it behaved as though it wasn't plugged in. Nothing in the SV Editor.

I took it into a keyboard repair shop, and they replaced the USB port, which took several weeks and $100. It worked for a couple of weeks -- I was able to update the OS and try out and load my favorites from sound pack 2 -- then I took the keyboard on a gig (and I didn't even remove it from the case, there was a fine real piano), and on my return, it doesn't work again. I wish I'd spent more time adjusting the sounds while I could!

It's too bad that the USB port seems to be so fragile. Is anyone else having this problem?
daviebhoy85

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm having the same problem as the guy who started the thread - My SV-1 connects to the editor, but just shows the backup page with no sounds loaded on.
I've tried deleting the "wdmaud.drv" MIDI files, (didn't work) so I tried delting all "wdmaud.drv" files (no change) and I've uninstalled and re-installed the editor several times to no avail.
It's not a huge issue as the piano itself works great and I love the default sounds, but I'd like to try the new sound packs and I read on another thread that its best to back up the default sounds first.
I've spent over 2 hours and I'm just about to give up.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
David
r4dioheaded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Similar problems, but with Mac Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just got my SV-1 (88 key) and am totally loving it thus far, except that like others in this post, I'm unable to get my computer to recognize it.

I have an iBook G4 with Mac OS X 10.4 (old, I know, but meets the system reqs for the SV-1). I know that my computer "sees" the SV-1 when it is plugged in because if the computer is asleep, it wakes up when the keyboard is turned on. I have tried both with the lastest USB MIDI driver, and an older version that was on the disk that came with the Korg. I've also tried connecting with two different USB cables.

I'm trying, first of all, to update my SV-1's OS. I've followed the instructions, but the "Korg User" icon does not appear on my mac - neither on the desktop nor in the Audio MIDI Setup utility. Secondly, I want to check out those new sounds and do some tweaking, but like others in this post, the editor doesn't load anything but the backup page.

Interestingly, I tried on a friend's old Powerbook (same OS as my iBook) and had the same problems.

Any thoughts for what to try on an old mac?

Thanks,
Jesse

Last edited by r4dioheaded on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rodney

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that if you restart the Korg SV1 using the instructions, it turns it into a sort of "disc drive" that shows up on the desktop. Are you sure you're following the correct procedure (as in, do the lights behave as described in the instructions?)
r4dioheaded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the response.

As far as I can tell, I am following the directions correctly - I plug the SV-1 (off) into the computer, turn it on while holding favorites 1 and 8 until 1 and 2 light up, and then hit 1 which begins to flash. The directions say that it should show up on my desktop after about 30 seconds... but it never does. Am I doing something wrong?
toblar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Run SV-1 Editor on my mac Reply with quote

Hi,

Upgraded the SV-1 to v1.2 of the OS and installed the latest driver.
Yet, when I fire up the SV-1 editor v1.1 (which I have re-installed), nothing happens (i.e. the situation is as below WITH ONE of my macs).

I have tried rebooting the computer, unplugging the USB, trying various ports etc.

Kind of peculiar that so many of us seems to have slight variations of USB-malfunctions.

No word from Korg? Any updates to the editor coming up?...

toblar wrote:
Hi,

A similar problem.

I have two macs (a stationary and a laptop) both running the latest operating system. Both can run midi-usb in logic to my SV-1 88 keys.

However, only my laptop is able to launch the SV-1 editor and connect to the SV-1. On my stationary, the start up screen gets stuck at "Connecting to SV-1, please wait" This is very inconvenient as this mac is my main music computer and I keep my laptop in the office most of the time.

Have tried to reinstall the driver several times, restore the SV-1 to factory settings, tried different ports and cables.

Nothing works. Please help with any ideas!!!
ericrood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Same things happens to my setup.

With 3 different machines (win XP, Vista and Mac OSX) I only get the editor to work with a HP laptop with Vista OS. I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the OS. Probably a bad implemetation of the USB hardware or drivers. When it doesn't work, don't keep trying, it's a waste if time.

The USB works well for standard midi communication in Logic (Mac OSX). I can also upgrade the OS of the SV1 to the latest version from my iMac. But unfortunenately it's not possible to get the editor work properly.

Let's hope Korg will catch this issue.

Eric
violet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericrood wrote:
Hi,

Same things happens to my setup.

With 3 different machines (win XP, Vista and Mac OSX) I only get the editor to work with a HP laptop with Vista OS. I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the OS. Probably a bad implemetation of the USB hardware or drivers. When it doesn't work, don't keep trying, it's a waste if time.

The USB works well for standard midi communication in Logic (Mac OSX). I can also upgrade the OS of the SV1 to the latest version from my iMac. But unfortunenately it's not possible to get the editor work properly.

Let's hope Korg will catch this issue.

Eric

i haven't had any usb/editor problems with my sv1, so this is just an idea - check what version of java you have installed. the sv1 editor guide says it requires java 1.5 or later, and it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue if you can flash the OS from usb. my guess is that vista came preloaded with a new version of java, but your imac and xp machines probably are running something older.
ericrood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. Both machines however, do have Java 1.6 latest version, so that's not the problem.

I just miss some kind of message during the launch of the editor, so I could see why there is no communication with the SV1. A little bit of diagnosis within the software would be helpful. Now it ends with a clear backup screen.

Eric
off_key88

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: SV-1 Editor, Win7, blank screen Reply with quote

I'm having the same problems reported by several users here.

SV-1 88, editor worked great on Win XP. I was able to flash the OS and try out the new sounds...

My laptop has Win7 64 bit.
Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of the editor.

In both cases, the editor launches and says something about communicating to the SV-1 and then the program opens to the backup page but it's blank.

I tried the regedit thing with the Midi entries, on my XP machine it shows up in the registry as midi8 - KORGUMDD.DRV

The Win7 machine just shows all 10 entries with wdmaud.drv

I deleted the first 5 entries and un-installed, re-installed everything.

Unit still won't talk to the editor and there are no entries added to the registry...

I don't know what gives!!
TonyMaggio

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: SV-1 Editor, Win7, blank screen Reply with quote

off_key88 wrote:
I'm having the same problems reported by several users here.

SV-1 88, editor worked great on Win XP. I was able to flash the OS and try out the new sounds...

My laptop has Win7 64 bit.
Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of the editor.

In both cases, the editor launches and says something about communicating to the SV-1 and then the program opens to the backup page but it's blank.

I tried the regedit thing with the Midi entries, on my XP machine it shows up in the registry as midi8 - KORGUMDD.DRV

The Win7 machine just shows all 10 entries with wdmaud.drv

I deleted the first 5 entries and un-installed, re-installed everything.

Unit still won't talk to the editor and there are no entries added to the registry...

I don't know what gives!!

It's best to start over.
(1) Download the latest version of the USB driver, OS, editor, and sound pack 2.
(2) Uninstall the USB driver.
(3) Reinstall the USB driver.
(4) Before you reinstall the OS, open the Disk Management dialog and keep it open. On Win7, this can be found in Computer Management -- Disk Management is listed under Storage.
(5) Reinstall the OS. The Disk Management tool helps the system identify the G drive mapping that is being created as part of the process. Be very patient and wait. The G drive mapping should be displayed after 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Do not reformat the drive. Once the drive appears then continue to follow the installation instructions.
(6) Reinstall sound pack 2 on your hard disk.
(7) Reinstall the editor.
(Cool Open the editor and open sound pack 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: