Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Classic/Rack vs Triton Studio/LE Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AK-Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Triton Classic/Rack vs Triton Studio/LE Question Reply with quote

I used to own a Triton LE 88 (my first major keyboard) and a Triton Extreme 88. I loved them both, but I sold both due to the fact that I had too many keyboards and needed to downsize.

Now I simply have a Triton Rack with EXB 1-5 boards in it. I've noticed a HUGE difference in the "stock" patches of the Triton Rack vs. the Triton LE. Many of the patches that were in the LE are simply not in the Triton Rack, though some of them are on the EXB boards. This is kind of a bummer to me, because I needed many of those presets for use in my cover band and long to have them again.

Was there a huge overhaul of the patch set between the Triton Classic/Rack and the Triton Studio/LE? It would seem as though there was and a bunch of EXB sounds were included into the standard soundset of the LE/Studio (and of course, the later Extreme-series).

Is this true? Is there an update I can get to get the Studio/LE soundset in my Rack, or am I stuck with what I've got?

Thanks
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what prompted Korg to build new patches for the Triton LE. It might have something to do with the fact that the LE only has 1 insert effect and the other Tritons have 5, or it might have been that the wanted to make the Triton LE something new to compare to the Triton Classic. But you can definitely load those patches up on the Triton Rack. You just need bank space to put them in. You can download the PCG for the Triton LE on the download section here at Korg Forums. Your Triton Rack should be totally compatible with them, no updates needed.
AK-Jake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...the same patches from the LE are in the Studio, plus a few extras.

Regardless, thanks for the tip! Loading the PCG files onto the Rack are done via Floppy? (That could be a challenge, considering that there are few computers with floppys any more!)
kanthos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to get a USB floppy drive pretty cheaply.

The one thing to keep in mind though is that the multisamples in the LE ROM may include more than the multisamples in the Triton Rack (I'm not sure of this though), so there may be programs or combis that you can't create at all, simply because the rack doesn't have the necessary waveforms.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a post on KARMA Lab about this a few days ago.

The conclusion was that the Triton Rack can't read Triton LE or TR files because a different file system is used for the TR and LE (because of their different program structure, having only one insert effect).

an update 2.5 was released for other tritons (but apparently not the Rack or KARMA) to allow them to read TR and LE files.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
dave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the TR sounds but I'm pretty sure I loaded all the LE sounds onto my Rack a couple of years ago. I have a file named "le88factory.zip" sitting on my hard drive here as I type.

As I recall, the catch is you have to edit and re-save every one to assign the correct arps since the number and order of these is somewhat different on the LE.

I had no problems with the FX since both machines share the same ones. You just get the single LE insert assigned to the first Rack slot and the rest are empty.

EDIT: I was wrong about the arps - basically, you have to first compare the LE arps list with the Rack ones to see which are duplicated, then individually load the new LE arps to vacant slots on the Rack. Then, because the LE sounds will be pointing at the wrong arps, you edit and re-save them to attach the correct ones you just loaded. It's a tedious process.

Kind regards.
ksounds

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a Triton / Triton Studio / Triton Extreme owner could load the LE sounds and resave them so Rack and Karma users can load them too.
hacksaw15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both the Le and the Triton Rack. If you load the PCG from the Le into the Triton Rack it will work just like the Le would. What I end up doing was adding the programs from the Le that wasn't on the rack. Every single one of the patches is working to this day. I put them in the E bank. It took time to compare the list but I think i got them all in there.
usrad88

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Le-88 Stereo Piano Combi A-000 Reply with quote

Has anyone had success in getting the "Bosendorfer" multi sampled grand ( Combi A-000 which came as a stock patch on the Le-88 ) moved over to the Triton Rack? I plan to try it using a scsi drive from www.scsiforsamplers.com soon but I am hoping someone has blazed this trail already.
usrad88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Le88 combi A-000 stereo piano into the Rack Reply with quote

OK, so this wasn't going to work and didn't as the sample set is unique to the Le88. I picked up the exb-pcm08 card on Ebay and it has some nice usable pianos. Next up is to install the SCSI drive and move the other combis and patches (sorry programs) over and lighten the load for gigs!
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi -

I'm thinking of buying a Triton Rack to house Triton sounds banks. I'm not clear from this tread what the conclusion is about compatibility with other Tritons. Can anyone provide definitive info on whether the Triton Rack can load programs and combis from:

Original Triton

Triton Studio

Triton LE

If there are incompatibilities, would anyone here who did the conversion of, say, LE sounds to Rack be prepared to make them available - I'd pay an appropriate fee.

thanks,
Kevin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: