Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Akai MPC Vs Korg Padkontrol also, ESX-1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
binzi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Akai MPC Vs Korg Padkontrol also, ESX-1 Reply with quote

hey guys
im fairly new to this whole sampling business and im out to get myself some appropriate hardware that will see me through the baby steps and also do me proud once ive got the hang of it.

Im already the proud owner an ESX, though i make very little use of it at present, sadly...
however ive been looking into purchasing an Akai MPC as it seems to work in more of the manner im looking for (pad-tapping, live mashups) unlike the ESX, which seems to work as more of a sequencer than a sampler in my (little) experience
anyway, i digress...

i have a friend who has offered to pass me his old Pad controller and im interested to know how the (old) PK and a laptop running ableton would measure up to the MPC.
or, preferably, tell me that my ESX can do the job and that im an idiot who should take more time over the manual

cheers guys
Dj Pound

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i own an MPC 2k stock with 21 seconds of sample time and ZERO effects.

Despite that, i manage to use it every once and awhile and handle most of the EQing, effects and Compression with the ES-1 or a microkorg before going into the MPC for sequencing.
That being said, i recently purchased an ESX-1 and in all honesty it kicks the ass of an MPC...LOL, completely runs laps around it.
Sure i have an older model MPC, that isnt upgraded...but even if i had a 1000 or 2500...i would still probably ditch those models in favor of the esx.
The tweability, the ease, and the style of XoX sequencing is so much fun, and offers up infinite musical possibilities and an intuitiveness that MOST MPC's simply do not have.

Stay with korg...peace

At least their products are of a better quality build...LOL MPC pads eventually go out on you.
Something akai neglects to mention in their write ups
dnlfacundo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my mpc 2500 for 3 years now and to tell you the truth I think they're very overrated in sampling capabilites.I mean why get another external sample when you can just do it all in one keyboard not only that but you also need a mixer.If I was you I'd go for a good vst sampler or motu bpm were you can do so much more with samples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: