Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon T

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Please Help!!! Reply with quote

Hi Forum,

Brand new here... (happy to be here!!!). I have a quick question: How do I get 2 COMB sounds, (17 & 67) and apply split mode, so one sound is in the lower keys register and the other is played in the higher key register, WITHOUT changing the sound/octave. Can this been done with step by step instructions for me? Thank you SO much Forum!!! You Rock!!!

EDIT: This is for a stock M1

With Best Regards,

Jon
sintrade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little tricky, but it can be done.
Click on the Combis that you want to use and using the edit combi (E.COMBI) write down on a piece of paper the Programs, Levels, Panpot, etc. that make each Combi. What you want to do is find a Combi that you don't want and change all the Programs in that Combi to match what you wrote on the paper. When you get them all in, use the PAGE+ to get to page 4. Use the DOWN button to the 4th row (KEY WINDOW TOP) and the 5th row (KEY WINDOW BOTTOM). This is where you tell each program the highest and lowest notes you want each to play. You can have one group on the bottom half of the keyboard and another group on the top half. Don't forget to WRITE the new combi (last page of the E.COMBI) when you are done or it will revert to the original settings.
I hope this helps. I don't know an easier way.
sintrade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way you still may have to use the TRANSPOSE on each group to get it to the octave you want to use. Good luck.
Jon T

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Thank You!! Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the reply!!! I appreciate it! One more quick one... and i think this may be an easier one: In the COMB sound bank, the sound RONDO is just what I need... however, when the keys are pressed hard while in this sound, another sound is played... (velocity switch/touch parameter???). Is there a way that I can prevent the second sound from being played when I strike the keys hard? Thanks Forum!!!!!!

Jon
sintrade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! I'm working with a T3 but I think the M1 is similar. There are a few ways to knock out the voice you don't want. One way is on the main screen of the combi just click on the timbre you don't want and scroll it all the way to OFF. Or you can lower the volume level from L90 (or whatever) to L00.
A third way is to go to edit the combi (E.COMBI) and go to screen 4. Scroll down to VELOCITY WINDOW TOP and raise the timbre you want to 127 and the timbre you don't want to 001. Not sure which will work best for you, but at least it gives you something to work with. Don't forget to save (WRITE) your work. Hope this helps.
Jon T

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sintrade! I appreciate the help!!

Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: