Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

direct audio recording from microkorg xl

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandals

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: direct audio recording from microkorg xl Reply with quote

I'm trying to record audio directly from a microkorg xl to a sony icd-ux80 (mp3) recorder. I get noise (humming from headphone out), (hissing from l/r audio out). Can anyone suggest a fix for this? I'm trying to keep it super simple- no desire to midi, no post processing etc- just want to capture/save melody lines for future reference. Additional info - the noise is only audible in the playback of the mp3 device, ie. not from the xl through either headphones or monitor. The audio path (for headphones) is- xl hdphn out through stereo mini plug cable direct to mic in jack of sony ux-80; (for l/r audio) - likewise. I have used a splitter in the path to monitor the audio but it shouldn't matter. I regularly use the ux-80 to record directly from my computer and do not get the noise. Also, ambient noise precludes the use of the ux-80 onboard mic; and finally the cords, power supplies etc, etc. are kept a reasonable distance from the proximity of each other. The signal from the micro xl (eg.- music) is loud and clear- notwithstanding the noise. What am I missing? Thanks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Audio / Visual All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: