Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Damper Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anilnc

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Triton Damper Problems Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm using triton for couple of years and only recently I decided to use a damper pedal. I'm in india and I couldn't find Korg DSH1 Half Damper pedal and if I find in some online stores, its very expensive. So I got a roland DP-8 half damper pedal. I just changed the polarity from korg standard (-) to (+) and was working fine for just one day. Next day I was trying to connect it to assignable pedal socket and try controlling portamento which also worked great. But after this experimenting with portamento, when re-connected to damper socket in triton, the notes remain sustain in (+) polarity even if I press and release the pedal completely. When I changed (-) polarity, it worked like when I press the sustain stopped and release opens the sustain. There is a switch in this DP-8 to select continous or switch type of control. When I turn it to switch then it worked fine but the sustain stops sharply like muting the instrument not like half-damper where the sustain stops smoothly.

So I am waiting a reply from roland.

Meanwhile I noticed another problem. When I change the polarity for damper to (+), I am not able to select other tracks in sequencer mode. When I keep it back to (-) porality for damper it allows to select other tracks from 16 tracks in sequencer mode. Why is this happening? So does it mean that I cannot change the polarity? Then why is this option given?

So even if roland replaces with another pedal, I won't be able to use it due the issue in sequencer mode. Can anyone help me if there is some other option I might missed?

Hope to get some help fast.

Thanks and regards
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you changed the global pedal parameter did you save the global settings?
you save the save way you save programs/combis through the drop down menu
global stuf does not stay while the power is off

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
anilnc

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rohin,
Yes I have saved the global settings. When I turned off and turn on, the parameters for damper polarity remains (+) for Roland DP-8. But sustain continues. And then even when I removed the dp-8 pedal, in the sequencer mode i'm not able to change the tracks from for example track to track 2 or 5. Only when I go to global setting and put the polarity for damper back to korg standard (-) then in sequncer mode I am able to change the tracks.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the roland has a self detecting polarity... wich i have seen...

very strange though! if nothing else works, just go ahead and restore your OS

see my other post in this triton section and see if you have any of these symptoms.

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
anilnc

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks robert for your concern. I don't have any problems when I set the polarity to the korg standard (-) value. So how does it relate with OS?
anilnc

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I managed to sort it out. I was reading another forum about caliberating the damper pedal. I actually couldn't find caliberation for damper pedal in global controller section, so I thought maybe not for triton. But I finally saw this option in the global menu itself not in controller menu. Then eveything set right. Now I just have to check it for how many days it stays correct.

Is it not advisable to connect a half damper pedal into assignable pedal sockets? Did this gave the problem?

But I'm not able to re-caliberate, it says cannot caliberate. I want to set the half damper position.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: