Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Direct links for memory wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vidge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Direct links for memory wanted Reply with quote

OK, so I'm looking for memory for my TS88. Based on what the manual says, the specs are:
    72-pin 16 Mbytes or 32 Mbytes
    Access time of 60 ns or less
    Address input 11 bit (AO - A10)
    Power supply voltage 5V

Further, Sharp says the leads need to be gold since the Triton has gold inside. I have been unable to locate any gold lead chips. As a matter of fact, I called Crucial today and was told:
1. these chips are no longer being manufactured
2. Crucial made the last batch of these chips and NONE were made with gold leads
3. Tin leads last 25 years

So - if anybody has links to these chips, please post them in this thread Smile
mikeyT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: RAM from the UK Reply with quote

For UK Triton Studio owners, you can get the right memory from

www.dabs.com - do a "Fast Search" using "32Mb SIMM" and you'll get a load of RAM sticks that match the spec for a very reasonable price.

Mike
dreamaiden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you place tin leads against gold pins you will get corrosion inside your Triton.

If you already have the tin ones in, how long do you think it's safe to leave them in before I need to change them?

Sioux
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: RAM from the UK Reply with quote

mikeyT wrote:
For UK Triton Studio owners, you can get the right memory from

www.dabs.com - do a "Fast Search" using "32Mb SIMM" and you'll get a load of RAM sticks that match the spec for a very reasonable price.

Mike

I entered the memory in fast search, and came up with THIS PAGE So this one (8Mx32, 60ns EDO Gold - 32MB SIMM part NO:Mfr Code KTM8X32L-60EG will work with Triton Studio Right???. Reason I ask here, is because the answer I will probably get from Dabs is "just ask your Korg dealer" - who will probably tell me to contact my local computer store (like Dabs for example who will then tell me, to contact Korg again (Paracetemal anyone?)

Which part number/Simms do you have in your Triton Mikey?, If it works for you, it should suffice all

Cheers

Anthony

EDIT, Sorry the URL/link didn't work the way intended, but there was about 10 or 11 different memory chips, 3 being of "GOLD" etc.

JOHN 3:16
mikeyT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Memory Reply with quote

Anthony,

I'll be honest, I've not tried the Dabs RAM, although I thought that they seemed to adhere to the spec that Sharp wrote earlier.

If anyone else has used RAM from an English supplier and it works, we'd be very grateful for more info.

Mike.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sioux wrote:
Quote:
If you place tin leads against gold pins you will get corrosion inside your Triton.

If you already have the tin ones in, how long do you think it's safe to leave them in before I need to change them?

Sioux

Good question.
But I haven’t got a clue Smile

I would imagine it depends on what sort of conditions you use your Triton in also. For example… those on the road gigging would see corrosion way faster than those using the Triton in a Studio.

Either way I don’t know how long it takes to occur, all I know is your not supposed to have tin on gold.

Bye.
Sharp.
Vidge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I just got off the phone with Crucial again & posed the question regarding gold against tin. As it turns out, one of the technicians there has a Triton & agreed that ultimately, the tin would corrode against the gold, especially in areas of high humidity. They seemed to think that the corrosion would start within about 5 years.
dreamaiden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They seemed to think that the corrosion would start within about 5 years.

Thanks Vidge. Let's hope they're right.

Sioux
saxmonster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tin ones, so it looks as if I will spend more money on this hahahahah. I Took them out to see what is happening and sure enought it almost seems like little bubbles are forming. Almost like the tin is boiling off of the board. Weird. So before it gets worse I am going to replace them.

!Now should I clean the gold contacts, if so with what. It just looks like the gold was hurting the tin and not the other way around. I want to keep everything in tip top shape so it last a while.

Money Money Money!!!!!!

Thanks
-Scott
Vidge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxmonster - how long were the tin ones in?
saxmonster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they were in there about a year I would say, I order a pair of the gold ones at the top of the page, better to be safe then sorry
-Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Classic Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: