Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Novation Nio recording into Ableton Live 7 HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tech Star

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Novation Nio recording into Ableton Live 7 HELP! Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Ive just purchased a Novation Nio audio interface so that I can finally record my hardware into Ableton.

Its all connected up fine and I can control my external synth via Ableton by programming midi notes into a midi track. The problem I'm having is when I come to export what I have recorded the exported .wav is blank.

I understand that to record hardware into Ableton I have to create both a midi track and an audio track for recording? I do this and use the midi track to program notes that control the synth, I then record the Audio from the synth to a seperate audio track. I can see the waveform in the audio track and everything plays back fine and as I want it to.

As mentioned earlier, when I come to export the recorded audio all I get is a blank waveform.

I know there must be something really simple that I am missing, If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

EDM Netlabel, Mastering Service, Sample Packs
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Novation Nio recording into Ableton Live 7 HELP! Reply with quote

Tech Star wrote:
Hi Guys,

Ive just purchased a Novation Nio audio interface so that I can finally record my hardware into Ableton.

Its all connected up fine and I can control my external synth via Ableton by programming midi notes into a midi track. The problem I'm having is when I come to export what I have recorded the exported .wav is blank.

I understand that to record hardware into Ableton I have to create both a midi track and an audio track for recording? I do this and use the midi track to program notes that control the synth, I then record the Audio from the synth to a seperate audio track. I can see the waveform in the audio track and everything plays back fine and as I want it to.

As mentioned earlier, when I come to export the recorded audio all I get is a blank waveform.

I know there must be something really simple that I am missing, If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Yeah, you're probably missing one last step. I know we have Ableton where i work, but i've never used it myself. I'll take a look at it later and see how it is, but for now, you need to pay more attention to the "audio export dialouge box"??? As a rule, in most DAWs, when you want to bounce/export the session to anykind of audio , usually you would get that dialouge box. I'm thinking you might not have checked the correct Bounce/export Source? So that's why you get a blank file.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: