Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy an M3 get a free MR-1 digital recorder (USA)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does KORG USA ever send anything via UPS? I got a UPS door tag today and wasn't expecting any packages. Thinking it's my MR-1, maybe
Riley333

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they do, it seems like my M3 RAM came via UPS. BTW. OT. you can buy M3 RAM for $99.00 from thier website instead of $150.00 or more on ebay and other retail outlets.

Please reply back and let us know. I emailed Korg Cusctomer service and Ian replied (great guy) he said to wait 8 weeks then call if it's not here.
I have talked to Ian for tech support for several Korg products.. He knows his stuff.

3 topics in one post! Riley

PS. Happy 4th! 4 topics! I'm crazy!
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that we have started shipping out MR1 redemptions, so you should be seeing them any time now.

Happy 4th!

Jerry
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I hate to get something for free and ask for more things for free, but I was always taught you can't hear "NO" if you don't ask the question.

Will the free MR-1 come with the free external battery pack talked about here http://www.korg.com/Promotions:

"Free MR-1 Battery Pack!
Effective January 1, 2008, until further notice, Korg USA will be providing a free battery pack which doubles your recording/playback time, and uses common AA batteries for easy replacement."

Just curious...

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
OK, I hate to get something for free and ask for more things for free, but I was always taught you can't hear "NO" if you don't ask the question.

Will the free MR-1 come with the free external battery pack talked about here http://www.korg.com/Promotions:

"Free MR-1 Battery Pack!
Effective January 1, 2008, until further notice, Korg USA will be providing a free battery pack which doubles your recording/playback time, and uses common AA batteries for easy replacement."

Just curious...

-Mc

CONFIRMED! I got a Korg MR-1 on friday (just picked it up today). BTW it DOES come shipped w/ the external battery pack. YAY thanks Korg USA!
Riley333

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gargamel314 wrote:
McHale wrote:

"Free MR-1 Battery Pack!

Just curious...

-Mc

CONFIRMED! I got a Korg MR-1 on friday (just picked it up today). BTW it DOES come shipped w/ the external battery pack. YAY thanks Korg USA!

Excellent! Did it arrive UPS or Fedex? Did you get any warning that it was on the way from Korg?

Thanks! Riley
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it came UPS, the suprise UPS package from friday was the MR-1. nope, no warning, just a door tag (and then sitting around all weekend waiting until the complex office opened on monday to see what it was). Just threw me, b/c whenever i've ordered stuff from Korg's on-line store (like the M3 EXB-RAM) it always came Fed Ex...
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so check THIS out. I JUST got home from practice and I had a box at my door from Korg. Cool YAY!!!

In it is the MR-1 but no external battery pack. Crying or Very sad

Packing list says it's there and the box says the order was hand packed. I think Jerry contacted 'em and told 'em to screw with me. Laughing That's the only way I can figure that happened.

So now I have to call Korg and explain that while the box says it was supposed to be inside and the packing sheet said it was supposed to be inside. It wasn't inside.

Nothing's EVER easy...

-Mc

p.s. it shipped FedEx.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - I look over every order that ships out of here... NOT!

Anyway - when you register your MR-1 online you can order and get the battery pack for free, so there's no worries.

www.korg.com/promos

http://www.korg.com/services/promotions/MR1/MR1_coupon.pdf

Regards,

Jerry
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, check THIS out...

I called customer service a little while ago and explained that it didn't come in the box (but it said it came in the box).

From start of call to hanging up the call, the customer service person (very nice lady) had it taken care of and promised to get it shipped out in...

wait for it...

less than 2 minutes.

literally.

My biggest concern was nobody would believe I didn't get it and it would take weeks of support calls to convince someone to just send the thing so I'll quit calling. I'm normally on hold with most companies longer than that just to talk to someone.

Thanks Jerry (and Korg) for the great customer service. We really appreciate it when a live person answers the phone and doesn't jockey you around to different departments because "they" don't handle it.

-Mc[/i]
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised, Korg shipped out the battery pack and I got a chance to use it last night at our gig with the stock mics. This thing is pretty cool. This may turn out to be the most valuable piece of kit in my gear for a while.

I stopped recording when I reworked my studio because the PC wasn't behaving like it was supposed to and it turned out to be more hassle than it's worth. Now I can record song ideas easily, test 'em in the car, and file 'em away with almost no hassle at all.

Thanks Korg!

-Mc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: