Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions for improvements/changes on M50?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recall to replace the capacitor issue.
FREE OF CHARGE.
SayerAve

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: RPPR dead keys below C#2 in M50-88 Reply with quote

Why are the RPPR dead keys set so high? The M50 is supposed to be a professional workstation, so why can't I program as much or as few dead keys as I want? Am I a baby who cannot be trusted? I would like to actually play some of those tones and have RPPR set as well. Why did I pay for 88 keys and yet I cannot use 20 something of them in RPPR?
cymeg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love to see a sine, triangle and pulse generator for the two osscilators to do some basic synth patching stuff. back to the roots Wink

a recordable and quantized softswitch for play/mute in seq mode like in the mpc would be great to arrange a song when all tracks are recorded.
thats somethin i`m missing.
MrW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Ideas from a newcomer Reply with quote

Hi

Week 2 with my M50. Ideas so far :

1. In Combi mode, ability to have at least one channel other than the global MIDI channel that can be controlled by the M50's local keyboard. (When I attach an external MIDI keyboard it would be nice to fire some sounds from the external keyboard and some from the Korg without having to reprogram my MIDI setup to use odd channels)

2. More tutorial-style advice on how to program buttons 1 and 2 and the joystick.

3. Ability to change the foot pedal (and switch) assignations per combi or program.

4. Ability override the chords buttons and use them to choose favourite programs/combis or do other useful things.

That's all for now.

Andy
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed nobody else has encountered the chord button bug. I reported it to Korg over a year ago and they never addressed it.

Go into Global settings and transpose your keyboard down 1 (-1). No go to a patch and program your chord buttons. Go back to global mode and set transpose back to 0. Now play those buttons.

WOOPS.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Gerre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Korg M50 - No lag during Patch Changes (Maybe fixed) Reply with quote

Hi.

I´m not sure, if this has been pointed out here but here it goes:

1. Select Combi-mode

2. Choose any Combi you want

3. There is Text Mute and Solo. Make sure Mute is PLAY and Solo is OFF.

4. Above Play text is box where it says what patch is used ( Like A00) and touch that box. When you change patch by pressing up or down buttons next to value slider, patches won´t lag.

Minus side is you can change patches very fast, but not splits. :F

I found this accidently by fooling around with my M50. Hope this helps. For me it´s fast enough to change patches. It helped me very much. :0
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Ideas from a newcomer Reply with quote

MrW wrote:
In Combi mode, ability to have at least one channel other than the global MIDI channel that can be controlled by the M50's local keyboard. (When I attach an external MIDI keyboard it would be nice to fire some sounds from the external keyboard and some from the Korg without having to reprogram my MIDI setup to use odd channels)

I don't understand the problem you're trying to solve here.

If you want the M50's internal keyboard to trigger more than one sound, just assign those sounds to the same (global) MIDI channel. The sounds can be split, or layered, depending on how you set up the key assignments. What would having the M50's internal keyboard simultaneously trigger on a second channel allow you to do, that you can't do this way?

Then the sounds you want triggered by the external keyboard can be set to some other MIDI channel, and you just set the other keyboard to transmit on that channel. There are no "odd" channels, there are simply 16 different ones, which exist specifically for the purpose of letting you do things like this, i.e. trigger different sounds from different sources.
ursamajor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to have ringmodulation and osc sync so you can reproduce Jean Michel Jarre's laser harp sound Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ursamajor wrote:
It would be nice to have ringmodulation and osc sync so you can reproduce Jean Michel Jarre's laser harp sound Smile

I think it's in the Kronos ... don't expect such changes in the M50 ... I would find it surprisingly if another update would be published.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ursamajor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too... So i'll keep my Roland sh201 next to it.
I still think you can do alot fun stuff with all the waveforms and modulation possibilities on the M50.
I think it's really cool you have different saw waveforms sampled from different vintage synths Smile
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
don't expect such changes in the M50 ... I would find it surprisingly if another update would be published.

That's an interesting point... with the M50 starting to age, I wonder if there's any likelihood of an update at all.

As for this thread in general, I guess there are two kinds of feature requests... those that could possibly be added to the current M50 via a software update, vs. ones that could be added in some future M50 replacement.

In terms of a "next generation" M50 with different hardware, all I really want are the things they "took out" when they replaced the TR (low end Triton) with the M50 (low end M3). In a (relatively) low cost, lightweight performance board version of the flagship, I think they made some better decisions with the TR. I think it is unfortunate that, unlike the TR, they decided to take out the aftertouch, the assignable outs, and the slots for installing RAM when they made the M50. Adding those things back to a new kind of M50 would make it much more appealing.

(That doesn't mean I want an M3... it's too heavy for a gigging board, and for performing, I'm fine with less polyphony, no sampling, no karma, etc.... the things I want are specifically the things that are likely to be helpful in live performance. In fact, I wouldn't mind if they took the sequencer out altogether.)

As for improvements that could be made to the current M50 via software, I think there are things that could be done to the interface to make it more performance-friendly... but I kind of doubt they are interested in putting resources in that direction at this point.
Pincho Paxton

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to be able to switch chord buttons hands free with a pedal. At the moment you can pick one chord to play with a pedal, but it would be good to have...

Switch = Chord, user 1, to User 2.

So you could change User to whatever you want. Now when you press the switch with your foot you get chord 1, then click again you get chord 2, then click again you get chord 3 to whatever end setting you have. Then click again, and back to chord 1.

I like this because you can have left hand Bass. Then Chord switches that act like a second left hand but in the middle of the keyboard, so now you have 3 hands.
holmes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with newtonlkh about the buttons – I too find them unnecessarily hard to press (even harder than the Triton style buttons). I'm interested in getting these underlying switch mechanisms switched to some softer touch switches. Does anyone here have any idea as to how difficult this would be and what would be involved?

newtonlkh wrote:
I hope the buttons are not so stiff, pressing them take so much force...

The editor's interface is not much more efficient than the build in one. I've given up on the editor...

Newton
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not find them difficult in any way on my M50 . Unfortunately the only fix I know of for a preferance for a softer touch would be something like this that could help your situation.
http://www.amazon.com/Gripmaster-Hand-Exerciser/dp/B0085MX3SG
holmes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another feature I'd appreciate is the ability to mute/solo individual drum keys of a drum kit in the drum track and the sequencer. I'm not sure if this is feasible with this particular engine, or as others have suggested, whether Korg will creating any further OS updates.

It would be good to be able to drop individual drums in/out while jamming etc., and for recording the individual drums of a pattern into a DAW, without having to separate the pattern into separate tracks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: