Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Syncing Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Syncing Up Reply with quote

I've already posted this in the sequencers/recording packages section but I'm pretty sure no-one reads there as its only had 6 views over the past two weeks. so here goes:

I've tried this once or twice but its always ended in disaster.
I recently tried again after buying a new macbook but I still can't really get my head around it:

I have a Korg TR, a Korg Radias, and Cubase on both PC and Mac.

now, should I be syncing cubase to the TR? or the TR to cubase? I rarely use the TR sequencer actually so its more about getting arps right.

Last time I tried syncing my Radias to MIDI Clock from Cubase on the Mac (through the USB MIDI), The arp came out slightly jumpy and the delay would click as it tried to adjust to slightly different tempos when it should be quite stable.
It was slightly better when I set it to not follow the song position but it was still a mess.

Similarly, syncing Cubase to the Radias caused jittery audio artefacts...

so instead I just make my tempos match and run everything internal.
well, mostly. I actually run the Radias off the TR most of the time, but these aren't actually synced to cubase, they're free running.

What am I doing wrong?
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
tonyman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO always sync to your sequencer. IE cubase..

yeah Radias will adjust the delays as the song progresses. I just use a fixed value to set the delay times..

I've not had problems with the arps being jumpy on my Radias.. I don't think Radias uses position data. I think you should carefully check your Cubase sync config.. and watch out that you are not sending midi clock from more than one device. also are you using a USB hub?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: