Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solution for authorization only lasts till reboot...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Solution for authorization only lasts till reboot... Reply with quote

Hi, I screwed around for hours so I figured I'd post the solution so that if anyone else has something similar happen, they don't have to suffer nearly so much.

Problem:
All plugins within Legacy will authorize and work, but as soon as you reboot they become unlicensed/unauthorized again.

Indicative sysmptoms:
If you run ipconfig /all from the command line the very first network device that shows a MAC address does not show the same MAC address upon rebooting. In my case it was a VPN adapter driver from Juniper Networks.

Solution:
This is for Windows 7, if you have another OS you may have to do something else, but the goal is the same. Move the real network device to be the first network device seen in the computer.

1. Go to the network and sharing control panel
2. Select Change Adapter Settings from the left sidebar
3. Tap the Alt key, this will reveal a hidden menu bar
4. Select Advanced>Advanced Settings...
5. In the tab "Adapters and Bindings" there is a panel called "Connections". Find your wired or wireless connection and move it to the top.
6. Authorize your plugins again. This time it should stick.
rockstar662000

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having the exact same problem but the solution outlined here has no effect. I've also tried reinstalling the software with no improvement. I don't have anything unusual going on with my computer setup (PC, Windows 7, wireless internet connection) so I don't know why this isn't more common.

Can any one help?
bluehorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running into the same issue. Requires re-issue every boot. Locking code changes every boot. New install Legacy Collection on XP sp3 with Juniper VPN. The Juniper MAC is the 3rd listing when running ipconfig /all and its MAC changes every boot. Cannot find how to change NIC order in XP. Sent email to Korg support.
kmmcdonald

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluehorn (or anyone else):

I am experiencing this issue. Has anyone found a solution?

thanks

Keith
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmmcdonald wrote:
Bluehorn (or anyone else):

I am experiencing this issue. Has anyone found a solution?

thanks

Keith

I would suggest calling/phoning your Korg Country Distributor's Product Support. They support both software and hardware.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: