Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Legacy on Vista 64? How do I upgrade?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peaceland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Korg Legacy on Vista 64? How do I upgrade? Reply with quote

Hi, I am an original Legacy owner.
I am unable to install on Vista 64.

How do I upgrade to a version that is compatible?

Please!

Thank you!
Grent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I got the same problem.

As far as I know though, there is NO compatible version yet. Not even the dongle-needing 1.2.

So my question to Korg is, will there EVER be 64bit drivers for KLC-1 with MS-20 controller ?

Thanks in advance ! Smile
gravehill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would very much like to know this too.

It is understandable that Korg doesn't want to give out announcements on what they're working on until shortly before release but at the moment I think the question of "Is the Korg VSTi product line dead or not" needs to be answered.

I'm feeling very tempted to buy the Korg Legacy Analog Edition (I already have the Digital Edition) but have been holding off until I know if I can use it on my next computer as well.
gravehill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friendly but expectant bump.
gravehill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bump just in case a Korg rep happens to look this way...
latteman

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Vista/Windows 7 Reply with quote

another friendly bump (with a Windows 7 query attached)
gravehill

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Sunday bump because I'm still interested in any answers.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought the KLCDE package I was hoping that eventually it would be made 64-bit compatible (Vista/W7), and that perhaps in a future version the complete functionality of the T1 would be integrated (meaning the ability to read T-formatted floppies [and possibly DSM-format floppies] and integrate the RAM function of the T1 – it would make life so much easier for those with custom PCM samples and programs/combis using a combination of those samples with the internal wave ROM).

So far I have not seen either, and that is why I want to give this thread another bump hoping that someone from Korg Japan may take notice.
Korg has become sooooo quiet about the KLC software instruments...

The current KLCDE is a great software package and I would find it a shame if it was not developed any further. Sad

So, if there is anyone out there (HELLO...hello...hello...hello), please take this request to heart?
Grent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time for a friendly summer-bump.

There have to be enough requests already.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you actually contacted and asked Korg about this?
They don't frequent this forum very often, as it is a user-forum and not owned by Korg.

You might find that 64 bit support will be a long time coming - considering that Korg have not yet released a 64 bit version of their USB drivers or anything like that. Suggests that maybe they don't have the platforms available to develop 64 bit drivers or software (you can't make a 64 bit program without actually using a 64 bit computer AND a 64 bit operating system).
I've said around here before, take up on 64 bit technology in business has been incredibly slow. even now most computers have 64 bit processors, most run in 32 bit mode with a 32 bit operating system, because there has not been a relatively stable 64 bit operating system released. Vista is greatly improved but most do not want to take up Vista anyway. XP64 was never propperly supported. anyway, the lack of operating system combined with the reluctance to release 64 bit drivers is making the take up of 64 bit extremely slow. I'd say we are halfway there, in terms of the '64 bit revolution'. Considernig 64 bit processors have been on some servers since the 80s!

I'm not trying to write from a biased viewpoint. I am actually writing from a wonderful AMD 64 bit dual core laptop, but i'm using XP-pro 32. Vista would kill it, and then there'd be no point.
Windows 7 will apparently be a lot more mobile- and laptop- friendly.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Grent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I did contact them directly half a year ago. Can't remember the reply though.

Well, it's sad to see many companies releasing 64bit drivers, and KORG to not even commenting on the issue (on their website or wherever). And it's not about any plugin, but about the well loved Legacy series.

Crying or Very sad
DjRavix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Vista/Windows 7 Reply with quote

latteman wrote:

It was one of the Only 32bit Plugins That Worked on Windows 7 64Bit
Audio HW:
828MK3, 61SL MKII, Virus, AirFX, iNano, M1 Active Mk2
Audio SW:
Cubase 5.5.1, Sound Set Synthesizers, HALion Symphonic Orchestra, The Grand 3, HALion Sonic, KLC-AE07, Predator, SubBoomBass, RP-Verb, VPS: MBSC, VPS:Metrum, FF Bundle, VES1, VTS1, Oxford Inflator, Sylenth1, Z3TA+, VMS:MBC, RP-Delay
Lerxst

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Vista/Windows 7 Reply with quote

DjRavix wrote:
latteman wrote:

It was one of the Only 32bit Plugins That Worked on Windows 7 64Bit

Are you saying that Korg Legacy works on W7 64-bit? I got the W7 RTM from work and I'm about to reinstall my DAW, but this is the exact reason I haven't done so yet (which is why I came to this forum just now). I have two partitions, one gaming and one for music. Did format/install W7 on the gaming partition and launched Legacy. All works but the Digital ones, M1 and Wavestation (they produce no sound).

You will also be happy to hear that the MS20 controller was recognized by W7 as MS20 controller with no drivers at all needed.

And yes, all knobs and stuff works with the MS20 plugin.

EDIT: Well I thought after posting this, why not try installing them since I have the gaming rig on W7 64-bit anyways?

I can happily report that the Analog Edition and the Digital Edition installed without a hitch, and now both M1 and Wavestation produces sound! And yes, the Analog Edition worked as well (at least Legacy Cell and MS20, I take it for granted that the Polysix and Mono/Poly does as well).
I didn't install the VST plugins version, but from what I've read elsewhere, one needs a vst wrapper in 64-bit Cubase anyways.
DjRavix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Vista/Windows 7 Reply with quote

Lerxst wrote:
I didn't install the VST plugins version, but from what I've read elsewhere, one needs a vst wrapper in 64-bit Cubase anyways.

Yeah I went Back to XP Because The VST Bridge Did not work with the 32Bit Plugins at all (And My system is faster in XP than in W7)
But ...
You can install the 32 Bit version of Cubase and Run it that way Wink
Audio HW:
828MK3, 61SL MKII, Virus, AirFX, iNano, M1 Active Mk2
Audio SW:
Cubase 5.5.1, Sound Set Synthesizers, HALion Symphonic Orchestra, The Grand 3, HALion Sonic, KLC-AE07, Predator, SubBoomBass, RP-Verb, VPS: MBSC, VPS:Metrum, FF Bundle, VES1, VTS1, Oxford Inflator, Sylenth1, Z3TA+, VMS:MBC, RP-Delay
Lerxst

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Vista/Windows 7 Reply with quote

DjRavix wrote:
Yeah I went Back to XP Because The VST Bridge Did not work with the 32Bit Plugins at all (And My system is faster in XP than in W7)
But ...
You can install the 32 Bit version of Cubase and Run it that way Wink

Yeah, but I ain't going back without a fight. Smile I have read on the Cubase forums that a third party app called Jbridge is supposed to be tons better than vst bridge. Worst case scenario I'll try that one before I go back to 32-bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: