Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXB-SCSI PDF (please send)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMayor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: EXB-SCSI PDF (please send) Reply with quote

Greetings all ~

I bought a Triton Rack on eBay that has EXB-SCSI installed ~ and cannot locate the PDF for it. I've tried both korg.com and korg.net ~ can't find it there. I've emailed support at both korg.net and korg.com ~ so far no reply. I've Googled my way thru dozens of third-party sites ~ found lots of cool info but no EXB-SCSI PDF.

If anyone has a copy and can provide ~ please email pete.russell@sbcglobal.net.

Peace ~

Pete Russell
DaMayor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: More questions and info Reply with quote

Follow-up from original poster

Well I just talked to Korg and they say they're not aware of any manual for EXB-SCSI. I know this is bunk ~ there is specific reference to such a manual in other documentation. If anyone has a PDF and could forward or post it that’d be great.

They did tell me that drives up to 4 GB ~ SCSI format 1, 2 or "ultra-wide" ~ should work with the bugger.

Questions ~

1) What specifics do I need to know about drives and cables? The 25-pin SCSI connector seems to be a Mac standard ~ but I believe the drive needs to be formatted FAT16 (DOS.) If I can find an old Mac external SCSI drive (with 25-pin cable) ~ I should be able to format it using the Triton and be OK ~ correct?

2) What about SCSI standards? It looks like I need to find an older drive ~ SCSI-1 or SCSI-2. No new drives ~ correct?

3) Drives with 50-pin or 68-pin SCSI might work with adaptors ~ what pitfalls should I be aware of?

4) What about a drive BIGGER than 4 GB? Would the Triton be able to recognize it, format up to 4 GB and ignore the rest etc ~ and how would that be handled?

5) I know to power down the Triton before connecting ~ should it automatically recognize a drive on power-up? Are there interrupt settings or other manipulation that I'd need to do? How do I need to accommodate SCSI “termination” ~ I understand the device needs to have termination ON.

6) Anything more to know about formatting requirements / procedures?

7) If I can’t locate an external drive, but can find an internal one that’s compatible ~ I should be able to use that with an aftermarket case / power supply ~ correct?

Cool CD burner ~ anything special to be aware of if I can find a compatible external CD burner?

9) What about a SCSI ZIP drive? I might have access to an old Mac SCSI ZIP. I have an old PC (parallel or serial) ZIP that started doing the click of death so I’m leery about those ~ any thoughts on that?

Thanks everyone …

Pete Russell
xpander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: More questions and info Reply with quote

Hi

Bit short of time, so just little bits and pieces, sorry....

DaMayor wrote:

If I can find an old Mac external SCSI drive (with 25-pin cable) ~ I should be able to format it using the Triton and be OK ~ correct?

Assuming that the drive is fully working, should work just fine. No need to worry about formatting format, Triton will take care of that. It is DOS-compatible.

DaMayor wrote:

5) I know to power down the Triton before connecting ~ should it automatically recognize a drive on power-up? Are there interrupt settings or other manipulation that I'd need to do? How do I need to accommodate SCSI “termination” ~ I understand the device needs to have termination ON.

I didn't quite understand the thing about the automatic recognition on power-up. When I go to select a drive, they are there, if turned on. If not on already, I can just flip the switch and scan the device(s).

For the interrupts, just make sure that each device in the SCSI chain has their own different number.

SCSI termination you will have to do on the last piece in the SCSI chain. You don't have to worry about the Triton itself.

DaMayor wrote:

7) If I can’t locate an external drive, but can find an internal one that’s compatible ~ I should be able to use that with an aftermarket case / power supply ~ correct?

Yes.

DaMayor wrote:

9) What about a SCSI ZIP drive? I might have access to an old Mac SCSI ZIP. I have an old PC (parallel or serial) ZIP that started doing the click of death so I’m leery about those ~ any thoughts on that?

I have used SCSI ZIP100 drives for three different samplers. Out of the 4-5 Zip units that I have had, one went south the famous click way. Ever since I've been kinda wary, but everything works...and works just fine as is.

Flash memory is the future, but the adaption is kinda hard. One good company, SCSIfor Samplers seems to just have finished their business.
luis fernando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: More questions and info Reply with quote

I have a triton rack and zip iomega100 external memory but not working please help

Bit short of time, so just little bits and pieces, sorry....

DaMayor wrote:

If I can find an old Mac external SCSI drive (with 25-pin cable) ~ I should be able to format it using the Triton and be OK ~ correct?

Assuming that the drive is fully working, should work just fine. No need to worry about formatting format, Triton will take care of that. It is DOS-compatible.

DaMayor wrote:

I didn't quite understand the thing about the automatic recognition on power-up. When I go to select a drive, they are there, if turned on. If not on already, I can just flip the switch and scan the device(s).

For the interrupts, just make sure that each device in the SCSI chain has their own different number.

SCSI termination you will have to do on the last piece in the SCSI chain. You don't have to worry about the Triton itself.

DaMayor wrote:

Yes.

DaMayor wrote:

I have used SCSI ZIP100 drives for three different samplers. Out of the 4-5 Zip units that I have had, one went south the famous click way. Ever since I've been kinda wary, but everything works...and works just fine as is.

Flash memory is the future, but the adaption is kinda hard. One good company, SCSIfor Samplers seems to just have finished their business.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: